Conquer Club

Educate me please

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Educate me please

Postby Vid_FISO on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:53 am

What is behind the frequent creation of new clans with players often jumping ship from one clan to another to another to another? Dissatisfaction with clan leadership? Not getting enough games? Not getting maps and settings that individuals want to play? Friction between individuals within the clans? Something else?
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Re: Educate me please

Postby IcePack on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:07 am

Vid_FISO wrote:What is behind the frequent creation of new clans with players often jumping ship from one clan to another to another to another? Dissatisfaction with clan leadership? Not getting enough games? Not getting maps and settings that individuals want to play? Friction between individuals within the clans? Something else?

This probably varies from instance to instance, perhaps provide specific examples you're interested in or ask the relevant parties?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MoB Deadly on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:27 pm

grass is always greener somewhere else?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby Treslie on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:45 pm

Hmmm...Ace? Atlantis? Ask them about F400 rankings! Lol. My humble opinion is that it's more important to some people...
Major Treslie

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Some like to move up to a stronger clan, not necessarily for F400 rankings, but to learn more. There is only so much you can learn in a clan that has maybe 1 or 2 great players, but move into a clan with 10-20 great players and you're going to learn a hell of a lot more. They join, improve their game and move up.

I think that's the main reasons that people start at the bottom and hop up the ladder.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:38 am

Some people are very fussy. Some people are happy to follow whereas others are natural leaders. On other online games I have succeeded in running a clan - or equivalent to - many times, but never been happy as a regular member.

When I started looking at clans on CC I thought the best idea would be to try out for some solid clans. I had an in-depth look and asked three clans about joining. I played a couple of games with one and they went well, I was good enough to join the clan but was declined for other reasons. The second clan played a game with me but there was barely any communication. The third clan declined me without even a game, yet one of their leaders is now one of my most regular team partners.

Around the same time I got my mate, spudulica, to start playing and we decided to start up our own clan. Overall things have gone well and we're on the up. I'm glad I didn't join another clan because I'm happier when I have control over situations.

I guess some people are the same, or perhaps had a bad experience with previous clan leaders, so from there start their own clan.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:53 am

And why are people getting divorced and remarried? Being part of a clan is just like any love story. No generality can be made, each case will be different.
Major betiko

Postby HardAttack on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:29 am

it is the picture of the try of re-grouping, re-forming, re-try, and re-unioning.
Colonel HardAttack

Postby chemefreak on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:02 am

betiko wrote:And why are people getting divorced and remarried? Being part of a clan is just like any love story. No generality can be made, each case will be different.

I agree with this statement.

There are different types of clans, formed from the issues that are discussed in the OP. Sometimes players clash. Or sometimes the "direction" of the clan is not what some players envision. Sometimes players just want to be in the elite clans to win.

Every player is different and every clan is different. I could list some examples, but I don't want anyone to get mad at me over this!

New clans getting poached and folding is not new. Top clans splintering due to differences in management is not new. Top clans merging like Empire and Agents of Chaos is pretty rare. Older clans seem to burn out after a while. Each clan is different.

This is the fun of the clan world. This is also what keeps the balance. Would someone please splinter TOFU and KoRT? ;)
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby sdh on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:30 am

I have just started my third clan...

The first was Risk Attackers. Initially set up as more of a social group but played some wars and won a few. Some of us left for a fresh start to form a stronger clan with leadership from some other experienced players.

The second was Warriors At Risk. I was really disappointed this clan folded. I think we could have been a top 12 clan with the leading players now in PACK, KORT and OSA! But lack of active players towards the end lead grady and hmsps to call it quits.

The third is Walking Dead. Started recently with 7 former WAR members and 4 members from The Last Warriors, as well 15 others with no clan experience.
Captain sdh

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:12 am

sdh wrote:The third is Walking Dead. Started recently with 7 former WAR members and 4 members from The Last Warriors, as well 15 others with no clan experience.

Didn t get the memo, good luck with that new clan ;)
Major betiko

Postby sdh on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:45 am

betiko wrote:
sdh wrote:The third is Walking Dead. Started recently with 7 former WAR members and 4 members from The Last Warriors, as well 15 others with no clan experience.

Didn t get the memo, good luck with that new clan ;)

:lol: Thanks. It will definitely be my last!
Captain sdh

Postby TheMissionary on Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:25 pm

When I joined the site, my score rose quickly, playing the occasional dubs and 1v1. I was a free player, but was still approached by someone forming a clan, that i had been playing doubles with. The clan was short lived, after our first war being a blowout victory. I then decided to buy premium and form my own clan. I knew that was the only way i could maintain the consistency of being in one clan for the majority of my career. I have only been approached by other clans twice since starting Memento Mori in 2009. Both times by previous members who left for higher ranked clans. I think my philosophy for a clan is a bit different than most, we've had some great players come through. Some have stayed, others have moved on. Each experience is teaching me how to improve on leadership techniques. Overall my goal is to build to a top 5 clan, but still have a stress free environment.
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

Postby angola on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:58 am

chemefreak wrote:
betiko wrote:And why are people getting divorced and remarried? Being part of a clan is just like any love story. No generality can be made, each case will be different.

There are different types of clans, formed from the issues that are discussed in the OP. Sometimes players clash. Or sometimes the "direction" of the clan is not what some players envision. Sometimes players just want to be in the elite clans to win.

Every player is different and every clan is different. I could list some examples, but I don't want anyone to get mad at me over this!

New clans getting poached and folding is not new. Top clans splintering due to differences in management is not new. Top clans merging like Empire and Agents of Chaos is pretty rare. Older clans seem to burn out after a while. Each clan is different.

This is the fun of the clan world. This is also what keeps the balance. Would someone please splinter TOFU and KoRT? ;)

We'll be glad to help you out in the next two rounds of CC4.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Lieutenant angola

Postby Leehar on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:28 am

chemefreak wrote:

The irony however being that both of them were also founded pretty much from the splinters of other clans.
Tofu after Chariot & Co split from LoW
Kort after Bruce/loes left IA & Masli left after Skyforce disbanded (the other remnants going to Afos?)

You could practically call the history of clans as a tale akin to Poison Rome!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Didn t know kort was formed like that! And never heard of skyforce! Lol
Major betiko

Postby Leehar on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:01 pm

betiko wrote:Didn t know kort was formed like that! And never heard of skyforce! Lol

I'm sure the others from that time can tell more.
Reading back, Apparently kort was formed with a healthy sprinkling of thota & the Regulators as well

Skyforce essentially turned into afos eventually
viewtopic.php?f=443&t=49912

An interesting thread in this respect
Clan Lineage
show
Colonel Leehar

Return to Clan Archives