Conquer Club

Clans open to a noob?

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clans open to a noob?

Postby swagman090 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Hello all,
I'm very competitive and hungry for victory, but I'm not very good at strategizing. One minute I'm the most powerful player in the game and then the player after me wipes out the other players and leaves me with only a couple territories left. See the American Civil War game I'm playing right now for proof. Anyway, is there any Clan that might be willing to take me in and help me hone in my skills without getting myself wiped out so quickly?
Thanks,
swagman
Cook swagman090

Re: Clans open to a noob?

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:07 pm

I was going to suggest the SOC to you, but I see that you have already signed up there. They are honestly the best for teaching you the basics and are the step 1, if you like, to getting into the competitive side of things. It might take a few days before you get added to a group in SOC, but in the meantime, read their strategy threads, especially this one:

viewtopic.php?f=341&t=126204

It explains a standard escalating game (on classic map) for 6+ players and how to go about placing your troops at the start of the game. The SoC will guide you through those types of games, so you'll be better prepared for battle. Hehe!

Hope this helps.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby TheMissionary on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:14 pm

In addition, dont be afraid to join open team games with experienced teammates. Just make sure you read the game chat and give time for discussion between moves. You can learn a lot from simple mentoring.
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

Postby catnipdreams on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:36 pm

My clan (TOFU) would not be the right place for you at this time, but you are welcome to contact me after you have more experience, if you haven't found a clan by then. The advice given in the previous posts is excellent; good luck!
Major catnipdreams

Return to Clan Archives