Conquer Club

Clan Draft

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clan Draft

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:40 am

Can we please do this?

betiko wrote:
benga wrote:
chapcrap wrote:Maybe a couple of clans could get together to have a dual training group...

if that could work...

How about a training group for all clans with all players wishing to join clans (could be held within the society of cooks) and some draft picks like in the nba? :lol:

I'm for real here. I think this would help create a more evened out clan system. I don't know what all the system would entail at this point, but I think that we should have a maximum number on clan rosters, a draft of some kind (with the aid of SOC?) (players can leave for free agency after 6 months?), clans are allowed a certain number of non-drafted new recruit outside of SOC graduation, clans are allowed a certain number of free agent pick ups. We can kind of have an offseason between CC4-CC5-CC6...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Clan Draft

Postby kuma32478 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:32 am

I like the idea, but what is to keep someone from just leaving the clan that drafts them?
Private 1st Class kuma32478

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:38 am

kuma32478 wrote:I like the idea, but what is to keep someone from just leaving the clan that drafts them?

They have to stay for a certain amount of time before becoming a free agent. If they leave early, they have to sit out of clans for a year.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:16 pm

Isn't this kinda restrictive on who can or can't join whatever clans they want to apply for?

clans are allowed a certain number of non-drafted new recruit outside of SOC graduation, clans are allowed a certain number of free agent pick ups.

I'd be against this idea simply because you can't control how much or how little time players can give to the game. When a clan has X amount of semi-active players, they recruit a few more to compensate and so on. The friendly element of being in a clan would kinda be taken away because say Jimbob can only play a few games here and there, and potential new guy Mike has a lot of time on his hands currently, except that each clan is only allowed 25 members. Is that clan forced to remove Jimbob to accomodate Mike under this proposed thing?

Yeah, no. I'm against that idea.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:30 pm

I would definitely not agree to this. No clan is run in exactly the same way, and some people would not work well in certain formats whereas they may excel in others. That's not even touching on all the other problems. Just, no.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:54 pm

yeah unfortunately i don't see how this could work out, since we don't do this for living and we all prefer to be able to join the clan we chose/has chosen us..
Major betiko

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:13 pm

betiko wrote:yeah unfortunately i don't see how this could work out, since we don't do this for living and we all prefer to be able to join the clan we chose/has chosen us..

We all need to get paid for this. Problem solved.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:25 pm

I would rather new players just supply me with a resume and Ill interview them :lol: :lol: :lol:
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby Arama86n on Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:10 am

I agree with Shannon, and in general see many loopholes.
This idea falls because people are not getting paid to be here, nor is this the army where people are forced to be here.
Think about it.
Major Arama86n

Postby grifftron on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:29 am

Suggested this years ago... we even had a tourney on this. Was a total failure, will never work.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby benga on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:37 am

grifftron wrote:Suggested this years ago... we even had a tourney on this. Was a total failure, will never work.

-griff

cause TO didn't put enough effort, was nice idea, but lazy TO
Sergeant benga

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:14 pm

LOL, a tournie to determine who gets in what clan? Yeah, no. That's a terrible idea as Griff said and maybe the TO's realised that too.

It's a GAME! Clans are groups of people who enjoy playing together. Some people have their own unofficial mini-clans of family or co-workers that like to play together. That's what CC is about. I can only speak for my own clan, but I know that when they recruit people, they are not only looking at their gaming skills, but how they fit in with the other players as well.
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:17 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:LOL, a tournie to determine who gets in what clan? Yeah, no. That's a terrible idea as Griff said and maybe the TO's realised that too.

It's a GAME! Clans are groups of people who enjoy playing together. Some people have their own unofficial mini-clans of family or co-workers that like to play together. That's what CC is about. I can only speak for my own clan, but I know that when they recruit people, they are not only looking at their gaming skills, but how they fit in with the other players as well.

Not to get into a clan but tourney utilizing a draft.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby angola on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:50 pm

IcePack wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:LOL, a tournie to determine who gets in what clan? Yeah, no. That's a terrible idea as Griff said and maybe the TO's realised that too.

Yeah, that was an awesome idea. I'm pretty sure the draft actually happened, but then the games never got going, right? Or maybe only part of the draft happened. I can't remember.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Lieutenant angola

Postby WPBRJ on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:01 pm

I like the idea of a tuornament with clans players only maybe ten players per clan and then there a draft. Then player earn point for there play and the clan with the most points win
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby TheMissionary on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:54 am

The only reason I would be in support of this, is for teammates medal.
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

Postby IcePack on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:03 am

angola wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Yeah, that was an awesome idea. I'm pretty sure the draft actually happened, but then the games never got going, right? Or maybe only part of the draft happened. I can't remember.

The draft happened and games went on for awhile even, I think it fell apart when contracts were up for renewal about halfway thru.

Edit: nope after 3 weeks it took so long there couldn't get replacements fast enough, and no updates.

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=143133&hilit=Rodion&start=1395
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Rodion on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:10 am

Merch held a draft-based team tournament. Name was "interclangalactic" or something.
General Rodion

Postby TheMissionary on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Rodion wrote:Merch held a draft-based team tournament. Name was "interclangalactic" or something.

Yeah, it wasn't quite as fun as playing with my clan members. I love those guys.
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

Postby bigg chief on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:52 pm

the draft is daft !
Lieutenant bigg chief

Location: WILL some1 ! please grab me my slippers and my favorite CRACK PIPE !

Postby Shannon Apple on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Okay, now I get what you guys mean by a draft. Still strongly against the idea for clans for some of the reasons I already mentioned. lol.

A tournie would be a different thing as it wouldn't actually affect the clans themselves.
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby WPBRJ on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:58 pm

Not this has anything to do with anything I was wondering is there was ever talk of a player ranking system? I was thinking it is not totally impossible to do this not sure if we would ever even need it. But this thread for sure makes me think it's possible

Has anyone here ever been in a pool league? We'll ever player on every team is ranked by there play and who they play ever turn is recorded. when it's all said and done your ranked. The league I was in the ranking went from 2 to 8 and how it worked if you were ranked a 6 and played a 3 the 6 had to win six games before the three won three games who ever hit there mark first won the match. there were teams of 5 to 8 players and there were 5 matches played once a week.

Just wondering if this would be possible
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby benga on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:52 am

WPBRJ wrote:Not this has anything to do with anything I was wondering is there was ever talk of a player ranking system? I was thinking it is not totally impossible to do this not sure if we would ever even need it. But this thread for sure makes me think it's possible

Has anyone here ever been in a pool league? We'll ever player on every team is ranked by there play and who they play ever turn is recorded. when it's all said and done your ranked. The league I was in the ranking went from 2 to 8 and how it worked if you were ranked a 6 and played a 3 the 6 had to win six games before the three won three games who ever hit there mark first won the match. there were teams of 5 to 8 players and there were 5 matches played once a week.

Just wondering if this would be possible

it might be nice to have overall player performance over the year, it sure is much easier with new clan tab
Sergeant benga

Postby ViperOverLord on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:59 am

Yea...A clan draft is counter-intuitive for reasons already stated. But...I've always like the idea of a fun sports-like structure with drafts, trades, etc. Perhaps, something like a Champions League each year. Something in which clans nominate X amount of players for that year's competition. Then there's a draft. Trades are allowed, etc.
Major ViperOverLord

Return to Clan Archives