Conquer Club

Re: CL6 Open for Sign-Up - Discussion/Updates

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CL6 Open for Sign-Up - Discussion/Updates

Postby Swifte on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Sorry to be a bother - do you know roughly when sign-ups will close?
Colonel Swifte

Re: CL6 Open for Sign-Up

Postby Keefie on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Swifte wrote:Sorry to be a bother - do you know roughly when sign-ups will close?

I do believe that Lindax intends to keep sign ups open until the 31st. He'll confirm that though.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Lindax on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:28 pm

Keefie wrote:
Swifte wrote:Sorry to be a bother - do you know roughly when sign-ups will close?

I do believe that Lindax intends to keep sign ups open until the 31st. He'll confirm that though.

Confirmed.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby laughingcavalier on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:15 pm

Forgive me if either my maths is wrong or you have talked this to death elsewhere... but I think a limit of 3 games per player across 42 playing spots each week means you have to field 14 players each playing 3 games during every week the competition is on. That seems quite demanding, if I have got it right, and I wonder whether the 3 game limit might be relaxed a bit?
Major laughingcavalier

Postby WPBRJ on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:22 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:Forgive me if either my maths is wrong or you have talked this to death elsewhere... but I think a limit of 3 games per player across 42 playing spots each week means you have to field 14 players each playing 3 games during every week the competition is on. That seems quite demanding, if I have got it right, and I wonder whether the 3 game limit might be relaxed a bit?

this is true and the minimum to be a competitive cln is ten members this should reflect the minimum requirements of clans so if your a 10 player clan the max games should be 4.2 rounded off to 5
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Postby chemefreak on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:23 pm

WPBRJ wrote:
laughingcavalier wrote:Forgive me if either my maths is wrong or you have talked this to death elsewhere... but I think a limit of 3 games per player across 42 playing spots each week means you have to field 14 players each playing 3 games during every week the competition is on. That seems quite demanding, if I have got it right, and I wonder whether the 3 game limit might be relaxed a bit?

this is true and the minimum to be a competitive cln is ten members this should reflect the minimum requirements of clans so if your a 10 player clan the max games should be 4.2 rounded off to 5

I just Skyped Lindax, but I'm pretty sure this was supposed to mean 3 per set in each round (e.g. 3 home and 3 away). Not 100% sure, but somebody will be back with an answer soon. Thanks.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:24 am

WPBRJ wrote:

in CL5 had requirement sign up rules,that clan need to have minimum 14 players to sign up for League.
Reason its because any clan who have 10 players ,could be in problem to have all 10 active players ready for this long competition. Its look that this rule are removed?

1.Clan League Sign Up Proposition
Clan Eligibility
To sign up for CL5, each clan must meet the following criteria.
1-Must be eligible to be members of CD&F (Adhere to the 1 competitive clan rule)
2-Must have completed (enough wins for a decisive winner) 2 competitive clan wars of at least 40 games
3- Must have existed for 3 months
4- Must have at least 14 members

Player Eligibility
-If a player plays for a clan in a given phase, they are cup-tied for that phase and cannot play for another clan in that phase
-player can change clan after ending of first phase and before start of second phase, but will lost right to be in medal competition
-Any clan who have minimum number of players(14), can not release player until he find replacement for hem.

Also i must say that CD decide to low DD responsibilities, and introduce penalties if clans dont create games on time. Any penalties could be counterproductive.

And i dont know why you change time from 23 00 to 18 00?

Also i notice that you will use random for seeding,instead to use live draw,how this happend in CL5, what are reason for that?
7.Seedings
After entry list is completed, clans will be ranked according to CL4 results, and all the clans that havent participate in CL4 will be ranked bellow. After it, clans will be distributed in pots.
- first pot will be made from top 6 ranked clans
- second pot will be made from clans ranked between 7th and 12th place
- third pot will be made from clans ranked between 13th and 18th place
- fourth pot will be made from clans ranked between 19th and 24th place
- fifth pot will be made from clans ranked between 25th and 30th place
- sixth pot will be made from clans ranked between 31st and 36th place
(in case there are more then 36 team, seventh pot will be created, made from all the remaining clans)

After it, qualifying groups will be draw by officials. Qualifying groups will have one clan from every pot(unless there are more then 42 clans applied, then there will be more then one clan from 7th pot). First, top 6 clans will be placed into qualifying groups. A clan will be taken from first pot, then number of qualifying group will be taken from another pot. Clan will be put in group matching the number taken out. After top 6 clans are distributed to groups, same procedure will be repeated for rest of the pots, until all the clans are placed into groups.
Draw will be online in Live chat.

People really like to see this, and live chat was full ,when we do this draw.

I think that many rules are missing and this its not good, because any penalty will depend on CD subjectivity , instead that rules will be clear, and penalty will be same for everybody .

also must say that ranking will be decide by f400,, instead to be ranked by CL5 results???

Well if community vote for all this changes, then ok.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Lindax on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:58 am

chemefreak wrote:
WPBRJ wrote:

I just Skyped Lindax, but I'm pretty sure this was supposed to mean 3 per set in each round (e.g. 3 home and 3 away). Not 100% sure, but somebody will be back with an answer soon. Thanks.

Cheme is correct.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby chemefreak on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:57 pm

Lindax wrote:
chemefreak wrote:
WPBRJ wrote:

Cheme is correct.

Lx

Boom!
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Re: CL6 Open for Sign-Up - Discussion

Postby Fewnix on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:55 am

I am a lowly member of a mid ranked clan that plans to become the top ranked clan in CC soon. How can we achieve that goal though CL6?

Do I have it correct that my clan can expect to square off with most of the top elite clans in CC? and some other clans? may the best clan win?? Will there be one grouping within CL6 in which all clans who qualify , 10? 20? 30? compete against each othe. there are points for wins, fewer points for draws, and the clan that gets the most points "wins" CL6? Something like that :?:

any info you can provide would be appreciated- I get confused sometimes :oops:
Rule 1
show
Lieutenant Fewnix

Postby ViperOverLord on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:45 pm

A few days ago, I posted on this in the topic of Relegation Clarification in the CDF, and have not yet got any response. So, I'll post here. I think it's advisable that the CL6 sign-up deadline be suspended until the aspects of relegation are determined. This way, clans will be better informed before potentially making a long term commitment.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Lindax on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:16 am

ViperOverLord wrote:A few days ago, I posted on this in the topic of Relegation Clarification in the CDF, and have not yet got any response. So, I'll post here. I think it's advisable that the CL6 sign-up deadline be suspended until the aspects of relegation are determined. This way, clans will be better informed before potentially making a long term commitment.

I agree that we need to come up with a format for promotion/relegation before sign-up closes and CL6 gets underway.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:19 am

Lindax wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:A few days ago, I posted on this in the topic of Relegation Clarification in the CDF, and have not yet got any response. So, I'll post here. I think it's advisable that the CL6 sign-up deadline be suspended until the aspects of relegation are determined. This way, clans will be better informed before potentially making a long term commitment.

I agree that we need to come up with a format for promotion/relegation before sign-up closes and CL6 gets underway.

Lx

Thanks.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Lindax on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:08 pm

IMPORTANT: 'This year your Clans qualifying and league performances are more important than ever. CL7 will see the start of promotion/relegation and the starting positions will be determined from the final positions in CL6. Clans that do not enter CL6 and subsequently decide to enter CL7 will start in one of the lower divisions. The exact format for promotion/relegation will be announced as soon as possible.'

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Re: CL6 Open for Sign-Up - Discussion

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:43 am

this its something new, what not exist in CL5,, can someone explane to me this?

""Disclaimer
The format and the rules are subject to change if deemed appropriate by the CD Team."""
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Keefie on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Qwert wrote:this its something new, what not exist in CL5,, can someone explane to me this?

""Disclaimer
The format and the rules are subject to change if deemed appropriate by the CD Team."""

The rule is self explanatory.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Vid_FISO on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Keefie wrote:
Qwert wrote:this its something new, what not exist in CL5,, can someone explane to me this?

""Disclaimer

If someone other than Qwert asked the question would you give a proper explanation? The CD team have decided to take over CL and run it, you provided a set of (unfinished) rules for sign up which you make totally meaningless by adding such a clause.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Keefie on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:42 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
Keefie wrote:

""Disclaimer

If someone other than Qwert asked the question would you give a proper explanation? The CD team have decided to take over CL and run it, you provided a set of (unfinished) rules for sign up which you make totally meaningless by adding such a clause.

Mmmm maybe my answer was a tad flippant :lol: (sorry Qwert)

I'm sure Lindax will give a full explanation. However I would be very surprised if we just randomly changed rules mid-competition, without a bloody good reason. What is more likely is that if a particular problem was encountered and the demand was there, then the CD's will be flexible enough to change a rule if appropriate to do so.

Don't forget, we are not just the organisers here. We are clan leaders and players too, we all want what is best for a successful and enjoyable competition.

Also, could you please point out where the rules for CL6 are unfinished.

Cheers
K
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
Keefie wrote:

""Disclaimer

Im not Englishman,, and when i build rules for CL5 i had help from Jetsetwilly and Bruceswar to write in proper english. When they say format will be same or similar, i notice quite big changes, and i only ask what i dont quite clear what this mean . In Cl5 all rules was clear (even trivial guidelines about what settings are allowed and what not are written for each settings), so i expect that everything be clear ,so that people can be good informed.
If you all ready discussed about that in CD&F, but im not member, so dont know what going on.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Vid_FISO on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Keefie wrote:

Cheers
K

They were added to after initially being published (making CL6 positions the starting point for CL7) but with that clause/ disclaimer absolutely nothing is set in stone so therefore the rules remain unfinished. If there are areas of the rules that you envisage might need amending then best to do so before publishing them?
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Keefie on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
Keefie wrote:

Cheers
K

They were added to after initially being published (making CL6 positions the starting point for CL7) but with that clause/ disclaimer absolutely nothing is set in stone so therefore the rules remain unfinished. If there are areas of the rules that you envisage might need amending then best to do so before publishing them?

I'm of the opinion that that is something that affects CL7 rather than CL6.

However we are working to publish our CL7 proposals very soon.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Lindax wrote:IMPORTANT: 'This year your Clans qualifying and league performances are more important than ever. CL7 will see the start of promotion/relegation and the starting positions will be determined from the final positions in CL6. Clans that do not enter CL6 and subsequently decide to enter CL7 will start in one of the lower divisions. The exact format for promotion/relegation will be announced as soon as possible.'

Lx

I believe that the decision as to league structure (whether it be league 1,2,3 or league 1 and 2A, 2B) should ultimately be determined by the stakeholders and not simply 'announced' by the CD's.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby jetsetwilly on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:50 am

Are you hoping to follow a similar schedule to last year ? A summer break with the league then due to finish well before the end of the year ?

Thanks
Captain jetsetwilly

Postby Lindax on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:53 am

ViperOverLord wrote:
Lindax wrote:IMPORTANT: 'This year your Clans qualifying and league performances are more important than ever. CL7 will see the start of promotion/relegation and the starting positions will be determined from the final positions in CL6. Clans that do not enter CL6 and subsequently decide to enter CL7 will start in one of the lower divisions. The exact format for promotion/relegation will be announced as soon as possible.'

Lx

I believe that the decision as to league structure (whether it be league 1,2,3 or league 1 and 2A, 2B) should ultimately be determined by the stakeholders and not simply 'announced' by the CD's.

A proposal will be posted in CDF for discussion. Then the format will be announced. Feel free to come with your own proposal, that may save us a lot of work....

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Next

Return to Clan Archives