Conquer Club

Re: CL6 Open for Sign-Up - Discussion/Updates

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CL6 Open for Sign-Up - Discussion

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:43 pm

Lindax wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
Lindax wrote:IMPORTANT: 'This year your Clans qualifying and league performances are more important than ever. CL7 will see the start of promotion/relegation and the starting positions will be determined from the final positions in CL6. Clans that do not enter CL6 and subsequently decide to enter CL7 will start in one of the lower divisions. The exact format for promotion/relegation will be announced as soon as possible.'

Lx

I believe that the decision as to league structure (whether it be league 1,2,3 or league 1 and 2A, 2B) should ultimately be determined by the stakeholders and not simply 'announced' by the CD's.

A proposal will be posted in CDF for discussion. Then the format will be announced. Feel free to come with your own proposal, that may save us a lot of work....

Lx

The main thing is to avoid a system that can automatically relegate teams out of the premier league for a minimum of two years. Therefore I recommend a 1-2 leauge system or if necessary a 1-2A and 2B system. In such a scenario, the best teams from the second league(s) advance. If the third league is continued (and I am not in favor of it continuing), then I think the top 1 or 2 teams should still earn a ticket to the premier league. More teams from the second league would advance in that scenario though.

Also...I've said before that I'm fine with 18-24 teams in the premier league. We don't need two individual home and away match-ups. Each clan would play each other once, having an eight game match-up that consists of three home, three away maps, two random or neutral (or four home, four away).
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Keefie on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:03 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
Lindax wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
Lindax wrote:IMPORTANT: 'This year your Clans qualifying and league performances are more important than ever. CL7 will see the start of promotion/relegation and the starting positions will be determined from the final positions in CL6. Clans that do not enter CL6 and subsequently decide to enter CL7 will start in one of the lower divisions. The exact format for promotion/relegation will be announced as soon as possible.'

Lx

I believe that the decision as to league structure (whether it be league 1,2,3 or league 1 and 2A, 2B) should ultimately be determined by the stakeholders and not simply 'announced' by the CD's.

A proposal will be posted in CDF for discussion. Then the format will be announced. Feel free to come with your own proposal, that may save us a lot of work....

Lx

The main thing is to avoid a system that can automatically relegate teams out of the premier league for a minimum of two years. Therefore I recommend a 1-2 leauge system or if necessary a 1-2A and 2B system. In such a scenario, the best teams from the second league(s) advance. If the third league is continued (and I am not in favor of it continuing), then I think the top 1 or 2 teams should still earn a ticket to the premier league. More teams from the second league would advance in that scenario though.

Also...I've said before that I'm fine with 18-24 teams in the premier league. We don't need two individual home and away match-ups. Each clan would play each other once, having an eight game match-up that consists of three home, three away maps, two random or neutral (or four home, four away).

There is a vote currently taking place in the CDF regarding this.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Re: CL6 Open for Sign-Up - Discussion

Postby TheMissionary on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:48 pm

Can we just stop playing grab ass and make a format that benefits everyone? Just set it up like a sports league. Everyone plays so many games in and out of their division. Best teams advance to a playoff. If we could keep one format year after year, this nonsense wouldn't happen.
loutil wrote:PLEASE call him MISH and not Miss.
There is no miss ionary position. There is the mish ionary position. 8-)

https://buttonbashgamers.com/
Captain TheMissionary

Postby jetsetwilly on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:04 am

TheMissionary wrote:Can we just stop playing grab ass and make a format that benefits everyone? Just set it up like a sports league. Everyone plays so many games in and out of their division. Best teams advance to a playoff. If we could keep one format year after year, this nonsense wouldn't happen.

Proper leagues don't have play offs ;)

Sorry, small dig at that system, can't help myself ! Basically, I'm of the opinion that the best team over the course of the season earns their victory. Any play off tagged on the end is for money, drama and excitement. All perfectly understandable in the sporting world, but not so appropriate in CC.
Captain jetsetwilly

Postby Vid_FISO on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:11 am

Presumably if there isn't a significant influx of entries in the next 6 days the talk of relegation/ play offs is rather pointless?
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Lindax on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:33 am

Vid_FISO wrote:Presumably if there isn't a significant influx of entries in the next 6 days the talk of relegation/ play offs is rather pointless?

Presumably when we (finally) decide the format for promotion/relegation there will be an influx of entries. :-)

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby TheMissionary on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:05 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:
TheMissionary wrote:Can we just stop playing grab ass and make a format that benefits everyone? Just set it up like a sports league. Everyone plays so many games in and out of their division. Best teams advance to a playoff. If we could keep one format year after year, this nonsense wouldn't happen.

Sorry, small dig at that system, can't help myself ! Basically, I'm of the opinion that the best team over the course of the season earns their victory. Any play off tagged on the end is for money, drama and excitement. All perfectly understandable in the sporting world, but not so appropriate in CC.

I disagree. You are taking the best performers from an even playing field, and placing them against each other, winner takes all.

However, with no playoff, I think the league could be used for seeding in the CCup. Given time permits of course. This would also help break up the load for clans, playing both events.

Captain TheMissionary

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:32 am

TheMissionary wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:

I disagree. You are taking the best performers from an even playing field, and placing them against each other, winner takes all.

However, with no playoff, I think the league could be used for seeding in the CCup. Given time permits of course. This would also help break up the load for clans, playing both events.

I don't see how the CL, which is simply loads of small skirmishes, should correlate to the CCup, which is full scale wars. Even more so considering there is a player limit on the CL.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby angola on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:51 am

I'm sure there is a post somewhere and I've just missed it, but is there a timeline for when this will start? Trying to figure out how urgent we need to be in our map planning.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Lieutenant angola

Postby Lindax on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:00 pm

angola wrote:I'm sure there is a post somewhere and I've just missed it, but is there a timeline for when this will start? Trying to figure out how urgent we need to be in our map planning.

I just posted one more poll in CDF. That poll is open for 4 days. After that we'll make sure everybody still has enough time to sign-up.

I expect the actual playing to start towards the end of April.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby angola on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:05 pm

OK. Thanks for the response.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Lieutenant angola

Postby Lindax on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:36 pm

UPDATE:

After a few polls the promotion and relegation format for CL7 has been decided:

After the CL6 we create a Premier Division with the 12 highest placed clans that sign up for the CL7.

With the rest of the clans we form 2 Second Divisions (A & B if you like). We form those divisions as equal as possible by dividing clans that participated in CL6 depending on their placement. Which division will be called A or B we can then determine randomly.

After CL7 is finished, the bottom 4 clans of the Premier Division relegate to the Second Divisions. Clans 9 and 12 go to one Second Division and clans 10 & 11 go to the other Second Division (again randomly).

From each second division, the top 2 clans promote to the Premier Division.

New participants: New clans, or clans that have not participated in CL6, will be randomly divided over the 2 Second Divisions.

Mergers: If 2 clans from the Premier Division merge, the new clan can stay. If one of them is not in the Premier Division, they have to start again in a Second Division.

Drop-outs: If 1 clan drops out of the Premier Division, we relegate only 3 clans. If more clans drop out we relegate the amount needed to still have 4 clans promote from the Second Divisions. If more than 4 clans drop out of the Premier Division, we promote more clans to stay on 12 clans. If we have odd numbers we promote the clan with the best record. If a clan eligible for promotion drops out, we promote the next clan of their Second Division.

Because of the delay in coming to this decision, we'll leave the sign-up thread open until April 15.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Re: CL6 Open for Sign-Up - Discussion - UPDATE!

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:23 am

>>After the CL6 we create a Premier Division with the 12 highest placed clans that sign up for the CL7.<<

are you want to say 12 highest placed clans in CL6 that sign up for CL7 will be placed in Premier LEague?

i wonder why not 14 or 16 highest placed in Cl6 will form Premier League?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Keefie on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:36 am

Qwert wrote:>>After the CL6 we create a Premier Division with the 12 highest placed clans that sign up for the CL7.<<

are you want to say 12 highest placed clans in CL6 that sign up for CL7 will be placed in Premier LEague?

Qwert,

It's been decided by vote in the CDF that 3 divisions is the preferred format. Bearing in mind the number of clans likely to sign up, it was felt that 12 was about the correct number. If there is a significant reduction or increase in the predicted number, then I'm sure that this will be re-visited.

K
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Qwert on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:11 pm

Keefie wrote:
Qwert wrote:>>After the CL6 we create a Premier Division with the 12 highest placed clans that sign up for the CL7.<<

Qwert,

It's been decided by vote in the CDF that 3 divisions is the preferred format. Bearing in mind the number of clans likely to sign up, it was felt that 12 was about the correct number. If there is a significant reduction or increase in the predicted number, then I'm sure that this will be re-visited.

K

i think that this its misunderstanding. I talk about CL7.
Are this write that Top 12 clans in end of CL6, when sign up for CL7 will form Premier League?
And rest from 13 to last ranked in end of Cl6 will be deployed in two Second League?

This its what i ask to understand format.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Keefie on Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:22 pm

After the CL6 we create a Premier Division with the 12 highest placed clans that sign up for the CL7.

With the rest of the clans we form 2 Second Divisions (A & B if you like). We form those divisions as equal as possible by dividing clans that participated in CL6 depending on their placement. Which division will be called A or B we can then determine randomly.

After CL7 is finished, the bottom 4 clans of the Premier Division relegate to the Second Divisions. Clans 9 and 12 go to one Second Division and clans 10 & 11 go to the other Second Division (again randomly).

From each second division, the top 2 clans promote to the Premier Division.

New participants: New clans, or clans that have not participated in CL6, will be randomly divided over the 2 Second Divisions.

Mergers: If 2 clans from the Premier Division merge, the new clan can stay. If one of them is not in the Premier Division, they have to start again in a Second Division.

Drop-outs: If 1 clan drops out of the Premier Division, we relegate only 3 clans. If more clans drop out we relegate the amount needed to still have 4 clans promote from the Second Divisions. If more than 4 clans drop out of the Premier Division, we promote more clans to stay on 12 clans. If we have odd numbers we promote the clan with the best record. If a clan eligible for promotion drops out, we promote the next clan of their Second Division.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby TheMissionary on Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:03 pm

We had a format like this decided before, and everything changed the following year. Qwert had the best format we've seen, in my opinion. Of course you get the right nimrods to complain, and there's a realignment. Part of the reason I've obligated to stay out of the politics of the CC world.

Captain TheMissionary

Postby Keefie on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:52 pm

TheMissionary wrote:We had a format like this decided before, and everything changed the following year. Qwert had the best format we've seen, in my opinion. Of course you get the right nimrods to complain, and there's a realignment. Part of the reason I've obligated to stay out of the politics of the CC world.

CL6 will pretty much be using the same format as the one Qwert devised for CL5. CL7 will be different, not because of politics, but because that's what the majority of clans want.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby josko.ri on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:46 am

There is a rule which in my opinion is not worded correctly:

Both phases consist of a double round robin, i.e., each clan plays each other twice in the same round, with home and away games.

Points will be awarded as follows:

Win: 2 Points
Draw: 1 Point
Loss: 0 Points

This rule can be explained on two ways, which of them are correct?

1) If each clan plays each other TWICE, then it means there will be TWO outcomes of that match.
For example, if clan A wins home set 6-2 and draws 4-4 on clan B home set, that means clan A will carry on 3 points (2 for win on home set and 1 for a draw on away set), while clan B will carry on 1 point (draw on home set and lose on away set).

2) If Points are awarded according to total winner of the round (not total winner of a home&away set separately), then, with using the same example like for case (1), clan A would win 10-6 and earn 2 points, while clan B will not earn any point.

Which of those 2 scenarios are correct? I am affraid that scenario (2) is correct and I regret about that because scenario (1) was innovation offered by CL5 which most of clans liked very much, so I do not a reason to again merge home&away sets together, rather than value them separately.

In real sports leagues, there always exists home and away fields, which are counted separately, i.e. result from home match and result from away match counts as 2 results, not as one (merged) result.

What count as merged home&away results are CUP competitions, and we already have ConquerorCup where home set and away set are merged together into one to determine winners. In LEAGUE format, we should not stick to rules which follow cup format style, but we should rather stick to rules which follow league format style.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Re: Re: CL6 Open for Sign-Up - Discussion/Updates

Postby Qwert on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:55 am

"Both phases consist of a double round robin, i.e., each clan plays each other twice in the same round, with home and away games.

Points will be awarded as follows:

Win: 2 Points
Draw: 1 Point
Loss: 0 Points"

this its not same like Cl5,, i dont know why they change this?
Real Round robin, are when in league with 12 teams, where Clan A in first round play with Clan B at home,, and then in round 12 clan A play Away with Clan B.

Mine oppinion its that much interesting,when you have every round diferent opponent( round robin), instead that every week you play two round with same opponent.
But if people vote for this change, then ok.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Lindax on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:08 am

Home and away games are treated as separate rounds/matches, i.e., clans get the points for both.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby josko.ri on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:48 am

Lindax wrote:Home and away games are treated as separate rounds/matches, i.e., clans get the points for both.

Lx

So, in every round, a single tie between two clans will be worth 4 points in total, 2 points for clan A home set, and 2 points for clan A away set?
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby jetsetwilly on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:53 am

Lindax wrote:Home and away games are treated as separate rounds/matches, i.e., clans get the points for both.

Lx

That's good, I thought it was just a bit more interesting to play the two halves at different times.
Captain jetsetwilly

Postby Lindax on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:18 pm

josko.ri wrote:

Lx

So, in every round, a single tie between two clans will be worth 4 points in total, 2 points for clan A home set, and 2 points for clan A away set?

Correct, it's always 4 points in total.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Keefie on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:00 pm

josko.ri wrote:

Lx

Josko, are Kort entering then ?
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives