Conquer Club

[Official] Claniversity

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[Official] Claniversity

Postby IcePack on Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:37 pm

The Clan Department is pleased to announce the Claniversity 2.0 Training Program!
Currently, the program is not designed for existing clan players to take the courses, but for those who would like to improve their core team skills and increase their attractiveness and value to existing clans and advanced tribes or even prepare them for starting a tribe/clan of their own.

Mission Statement
Claniversity is a program designed to teach interested players about the clan and advanced tribe lifestyle; introduce them to other CC players with similar interests; and provide training in core skills needed to become valuable members of these competitive groups.

Mentors
We are starting with two mentors, who can be contacted by those already in or are interested in the program.

MudPuppy
CatchersMitt14

Academic Calendar and Admission Process
Claniversity is a 6-month program divided into two terms ending each equinox and solstice. Interested players may enter Claniversity at any time and will be assigned a projected graduation date based on their entrance date. Quarter end dates are as follows with the first graduation ceremony scheduled for the 2016 autumnal equinox (northern hemisphere):

• Summer Solstice (June 20, 2016)
  • Autumnal Equinox (September 22, 2016) - First Graduating Class
  • Winter Solstice (December 21, 2016)
  • Vernal Equinox (March 20, 2017)
  • Summer Solstice (June 21, 2017)
  • Autumnal Equinox (September 22, 2017)
  • Winter Solstice (December 21, 2017)
  • Vernal Equinox (March 20, 2018)
  • Summer Solstice (June 21, 2018)
  • Autumnal Equinox (September 23, 2018)
  • Winter Solstice (December 21, 2018)

How do you sign up?
All interested students in good standing on CC and not already in a clan will be accepted with no restriction on premium status, tribe/past clan affiliation, etc. Students can apply through an option on the Clan Tab. This will add them to the Claniversity user group and send a PM with instructions on how to apply for a housing assignment.

Claniversity Houses
Students will be split into houses. Initially, we will have two houses but will expand that to up to four houses based on enrollment levels and general activity. House names are based on famous CC admins/mods (e.g., Dufresne House, MarVal House, Lack House, Prime House)

Students may request a certain house but will ultimately be placed based on a combination of preference, need (i.e., students will have higher probability of being placed in houses with lower enrollment), and chance (via random.com). Friends may request being placed in the same house.

Once placed in a house, students may not switch to another house.

House members will individually earn points by taking classes, competing, and making quality forum contributions... or potentially lose points by missing turns in Claniversity games or making inappropriate posts. The individual points for each house member will be tallied to determine total house points which will determine the winning house each quarter. House points will be reset each quarter but individual points for each quarter will be totaled to determine if minimum graduation requirements have been met. There will be a cap placed on points earned by an individual each quarter that count toward the house competition in order to prevent domination by a small number of active students (no cap will be placed on the individual's personal tally, however). There will be opportunities to earn credits and other rewards for exceptional students or specific assignments. Graduates will earn a training achievement medal:

Intramural Competitions
Houses compete against each other in all but the doubles ladder:
  • Ongoing Doubles Ladder - open to active students from all houses.
  • Mixed Doubles Round Robin Tournament - First tournament for incoming students. The purpose of this tourney is to be used as a meet and greet for new students to become familiar with their housemates and hopefully find some playing partners for the doubles ladder and/or future team tournaments.
  • Triples Tournament - Second tournament of a student's first quarter.
  • Quads Tournament - First tournament of a student's second quarter.
  • House Cup - Final tournament of a student's Claniversity career. This is a mixed format team tournament between houses.

Curriculum
Classes in strategy will be run quarterly. Student participation is highly encouraged. The professor will present scenarios for discussion. Students and the professor will discuss the risks and benefits of various moves in each of these scenarios. Points will be awarded to students based on the level of class participation. In the future there will be lesson plans (scenarios) available for students to put into practice what they've learned.

Students will also have opportunities to learn leadership roles in advanced placement classes beyond the standard curriculum (if desired).

Opportunities to earn points
  • Strategy Classes: 30-50 points per class. Classes are one quarter in length. Base point value awarded for minimum participation with bonus points added for active participation.
  • Mini Classes: 10-15 points per class. Potential topics include "Game Log Reading," "Scouting Your Opponent," etc.
  • Participation in Intramural Sport Tournaments: 20-80 points per tournament. Anticipate two tournaments per quarter per class. Minimum points awarded for participation; additional points awarded for tournament success.
  • CD Awarded Points - CD's will monitor the threads and occasionally award points for quality posts (10 maximum per student per quarter). Possible points awarded for extra credit projects (TBD).

Detention
Students are expected to treat fellow Claniversity students, professors, and administration with respect. This includes being respectful in posts, game chats, PMs, and all other forms of communication. Players will get one warning for disrespectful communication. Penalties for future infractions will be punished with point deductions, suspension, or expulsion depending on the student's record and severity of infraction.

Missing turns in Claniversity team games is HIGHLY frowned upon. In order for players to be effective members of a team, they need to be reliable. Claniversity games will be monitored for misses. A missed turn incident is defined as one or more missed turns within a 24-hour period. For example, an emergency that keeps you away from CC and results in 3 missed turns counts as one incident. Penalties for missed turn incidents over a rolling 3-month period are as follows:
  • First Incident: 1-point penalty;
  • Second Incident: 3-point penalty;
  • Third Incident: 6-point penalty;
  • Fourth Incident: Expulsion from Claniversity

show
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [Official] Claniversity

Postby -1-1-3- on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:40 am

no sorting hat ?

(don't tell me you consider random.com as sorting hat IcePack : ) ...)
Colonel -1-1-3-

Postby MudPuppy on Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:01 am

-1-1-3- wrote:no sorting hat ?

(don't tell me you consider random.com as sorting hat IcePack : ) ...)

Of course we have a sorting hat... powered by the fairest random number generator of them all (Random.org):

Colonel MudPuppy

Postby -1-1-3- on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:23 pm

;)

Your message contains 2 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 4.
Colonel -1-1-3-

Postby Koganosi on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:41 pm

MarVal house! That some people still know that name.

Question how would this intervere with team training in general from the SoC?

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:40 pm

Koganosi wrote:Question how would this intervere with team training in general from the SoC?

Urs

Koganosi

Both Claniversity and SoC team training have a similar goal; the promotion of team play on CC. They each take a slightly different approach to training and compliment each other more so than compete with each other. Claniversity will at least start off with more of a classroom style training with case studies and discussions on strategy. SoC offers wonderful hands-on in-game training that is a more personalized... but CatchersMitt14 and I will definitely make ourselves accessible to our students as well.

As a former SoC team teacher, I know the hands-on approach is an effective teaching methodology. I believe the Claniversity classroom approach can be equally effective. I see no reason why the two approaches would interfere with each other... it just offers another resource to the CC community and I thank BigWham for promoting and supporting both programs [/suckuptothebigboss] :P
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Raiga on Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:19 am

Hey,
just checkin as MudPuppy asked in PM.
Cheers
Raiga
Brigadier Raiga

Postby skeeta on Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:55 pm

Hey guys.
I've just applied to join the claniversity. My PM came through as it should but neither of the links in it (Claniversity Forum and Housing Assignment Application Thread) work.
When I click on either it tells me I'm not authorised to view that forum.
I've tried logging out and back in again but it didn't help.
Any ideas what's going on?
Private 1st Class skeeta

Postby IcePack on Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:29 pm

We've had limited people tell us that they had a delay when they join, but haven't been able to track it because it's usually after the fact.
If you're still unable to let me know / PM me and maybe we can try figuring out why.
Regardless from what we've heard eventually it would figure itself out and gain access to forums, but it would be nice to figure out and resolve the delay issue.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Zoki77 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:31 am

Same problem as skeeta, it has been 24 hours since i got the welcome PM and i still get not authorized.
Major Zoki77

Postby Natanovich on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:59 am

I registered but i am not authorized to access the link that was send to me via pm. apparently i have to choose a house.
Cook Natanovich

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:05 am

Natanovich wrote:I registered but i am not authorized to access the link that was send to me via pm. apparently i have to choose a house.

According to my administration you've been a member since July last year. I'll try something to fix it later today.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Return to Clan Archives