Conquer Club

Clan Directors Callout - Open till June 30th

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clan Directors Callout - Open till June 30th

Postby IcePack on Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Candidates applying should have a high activity on Conquer Club/within Clans and be familiar enough with rules and procedures to answer some basic questions. Additionally, candidates should have a cool-head and calm demeanor, and be eager to help take the Clans Dept. to the next level. Candidates should be able and willing to handle their assigned task(s) and design / run one "special event" each calendar year.

An ideal candidate would also be willing to Skype group chat (text, not voice or video) w/ the other Clan Directors from time to time.
      Don't be dissuaded however if you don't meet some of these requirements. For example, We also need individuals who can provide a different perspective, so even being relatively inexperienced in the clan arena could be an asset if you're interested in helping new Clans prosper.

Depending on the level of response, we may hold a small interview or follow up PM to get a better feel or ask some additional questions.
      So if you feel like you could contribute, please send a PM to Keefie with the following:

===============
      PM Subject: Clan Director Application
      --------------------------
      Username:

Availability / Time I Can Dedicate per Week: (weekends only, all day, mornings, evenings etc)

Comments: (one or two paragraphs in length describing why you think you are a good candidate)

Objectives: (one or two paragraphs in length describing what you'd like to do if given the job)
      ===============
    Multi Hunter
    Multi Hunter

Re: Clan Directors Callout

Postby IcePack on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:09 pm

Note: Depending on number / quality of applicants there are potentially multiple positions available
    Captain IcePack
    Multi Hunter
    Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:20 pm

I've already got one foot through the door.
    Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Keefie on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:20 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I've already got one foot through the door.

You sure have :lol:

Captain Keefie
    Chatter
    Chatter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:34 pm

Ah, Steve Bronstein. A classic.
    Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Robespierre__ on Tue May 01, 2018 8:35 pm

OK that got a literal lol out of me ... or at least a COL (chuckle out loud) ....

I would volunteer but then I could not get my superior clanmates to cover for me for all of my important turns against Josko due to coverage rules.
    Colonel Robespierre__

Postby IcePack on Wed May 02, 2018 4:54 pm

We only have one applicant, is there nobody else interested?
    Captain IcePack
    Multi Hunter
    Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sat May 05, 2018 3:50 pm

IcePack wrote:We only have one applicant, is there nobody else interested?

Bump
    Captain IcePack
    Multi Hunter
    Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun May 06, 2018 12:17 pm

IcePack wrote:

Bump

Send a PM out to clan leaders or something, just don't bother with Ascension because you'll reject me and I highly doubt anyone in our clan would volunteer.
    Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Keefie on Sun May 06, 2018 12:38 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
    IcePack wrote:

Bump

Send a PM out to clan leaders or something, just don't bother with Ascension because you'll reject me and I highly doubt anyone in our clan would volunteer.

Awwwwwwwwww

Captain Keefie
    Chatter
    Chatter

Postby IcePack on Sun May 06, 2018 1:26 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
    IcePack wrote:

Bump

Applications aren't just accepted / rejected by me. First they are reviewed by the Clan team. Then, any newly selected moderators get feedback / approval from all Team Leaders, and lastly, the admin. I don't recall rejecting your application last time, in fact I believe I provided feedback to you on how you could potentially improve your chances, something I don't generally do to most applicants. So, pretty much the opposite case here.

Far as sending out PM's, perhaps. Its supposed to be for all clan members, not just leaders. Leaders are the ones to most likely see this anyway, so if they viewed it and didn't apply, they likely aren't interested anyway. So PM's would have to go to all members of every clan, which is fairly disruptive / to be avoided thus, the callout thread + announcement.

Thanks

EDIT: I also posted in CDF awhile ago for leaders
    Captain IcePack
    Multi Hunter
    Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon May 07, 2018 7:01 am

Keefie wrote:
    iAmCaffeine wrote:
    IcePack wrote:

Bump

Awwwwwwwwww

Stop pretending like you don't want me lol.

IcePack wrote:Applications aren't just accepted / rejected by me. First they are reviewed by the Clan team. Then, any newly selected moderators get feedback / approval from all Team Leaders, and lastly, the admin. I don't recall rejecting your application last time, in fact I believe I provided feedback to you on how you could potentially improve your chances, something I don't generally do to most applicants. So, pretty much the opposite case here.

Far as sending out PM's, perhaps. Its supposed to be for all clan members, not just leaders. Leaders are the ones to most likely see this anyway, so if they viewed it and didn't apply, they likely aren't interested anyway. So PM's would have to go to all members of every clan, which is fairly disruptive / to be avoided thus, the callout thread + announcement.

Thanks

Actually I'm well aware you run the CD team like a dictatorship and if I applied I'm extremely confident there's no chance I'd be accepted. Pretty sure I've applied twice, definitely at least once. I'm pretty sure you did give me feedback, which was poor and a waste of typing. If you're gonna hire people like CM14 then that says a lot about the calibre of volunteer you want really. I aint about to change how I act just because people take a few words online to heart and get all emotional for no logical reason. People react the same way to me in person, doesn't mean I'm about to start behaving differently, just means they're not worth my time.

I suggested PMing clan leaders so they could bring it up with their clans so that people are made more aware, not just to tell leaders specifically.
    Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Keefie on Tue May 08, 2018 11:43 am

Icepack does not run the CD Dept like a dictatorship, I'm allowed to do anything I want that he says I can. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh f*ck, jeez these electrodes hurt.
    Captain Keefie
    Chatter
    Chatter

Postby IcePack on Tue May 08, 2018 12:52 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
    IcePack wrote:Applications aren't just accepted / rejected by me. First they are reviewed by the Clan team. Then, any newly selected moderators get feedback / approval from all Team Leaders, and lastly, the admin. I don't recall rejecting your application last time, in fact I believe I provided feedback to you on how you could potentially improve your chances, something I don't generally do to most applicants. So, pretty much the opposite case here.

Thanks

Actually I'm well aware you run the CD team like a dictatorship and if I applied I'm extremely confident there's no chance I'd be accepted. Pretty sure I've applied twice, definitely at least once. I'm pretty sure you did give me feedback, which was poor and a waste of typing. If you're gonna hire people like CM14 then that says a lot about the calibre of volunteer you want really. I aint about to change how I act just because people take a few words online to heart and get all emotional for no logical reason. People react the same way to me in person, doesn't mean I'm about to start behaving differently, just means they're not worth my time.

I suggested PMing clan leaders so they could bring it up with their clans so that people are made more aware, not just to tell leaders specifically.

I’m pretty skeptical of you being well aware of anything if you think it’s a dictatorship lol.

You have applied twice in the past and as I said, you were provided feedback the last time. If you choose to ignore it that’s up to you. As I said there are certain criteria laid out for all moderators, not just my own. If you feel you don’t want to change how you act in order to be considered for a TeamCC position then that’s your prerogative. But don’t then complain that it’s me that’s keeping you from being accepted / considered lol

I’m pretty sure insulting current / past team members isn’t the way to get yourself on the team, regardless of how you feel. It’s also a great example of what wouldn’t be ok as a team member, so I’m pretty sure that only reinforces the feedback that was given as something necessary. As for me, I aim to have diverse people and backgrounds / opinions so I can hear different perspectives as the team moves forward. Any team members that are selected are expected to be able to work with any other clan moderators, current or future.

If it’s not worth your time, again that’s up to you decide how your time is spent. Youre welcome to skip past the announcement if you aren’t interested.
    Captain IcePack
    Multi Hunter
    Multi Hunter

Postby Vid_FISO on Tue May 08, 2018 1:34 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote: If you're gonna hire people like CM14 then that says a lot about the calibre of volunteer you want really.

You say a number of things sometimes that need to be said, whether right or wrong, but that could lead to clarity. But, I do take exception to you having a go a CM14, a big loss to us since she left, extremely funny when drunk and someone clearly devoted to improving CC for the majority rather than the select few.
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
    Major Vid_FISO

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed May 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:
    iAmCaffeine wrote: If you're gonna hire people like CM14 then that says a lot about the calibre of volunteer you want really.

You say a number of things sometimes that need to be said, whether right or wrong, but that could lead to clarity. But, I do take exception to you having a go a CM14, a big loss to us since she left, extremely funny when drunk and someone clearly devoted to improving CC for the majority rather than the select few.

I'm sure she has done very valuable things for your clan and whatnot, but people who are two faced I have no time for, sorry.

IcePack wrote:I’m pretty skeptical of you being well aware of anything if you think it’s a dictatorship lol.

I was quoting someone else, make of it what you will.

IcePack wrote:You have applied twice in the past and as I said, you were provided feedback the last time. If you choose to ignore it that’s up to you. As I said there are certain criteria laid out for all moderators, not just my own. If you feel you don’t want to change how you act in order to be considered for a TeamCC position then that’s your prerogative. But don’t then complain that it’s me that’s keeping you from being accepted / considered lol

I’m pretty sure insulting current / past team members isn’t the way to get yourself on the team, regardless of how you feel. It’s also a great example of what wouldn’t be ok as a team member, so I’m pretty sure that only reinforces the feedback that was given as something necessary. As for me, I aim to have diverse people and backgrounds / opinions so I can hear different perspectives as the team moves forward. Any team members that are selected are expected to be able to work with any other clan moderators, current or future.

If it’s not worth your time, again that’s up to you decide how your time is spent. Youre welcome to skip past the announcement if you aren’t interested.

I think it's quite clear I'm not going to apply, I basically said as much earlier. I also never said you have done or would keep me from being accepted, rather I stated "I'm extremely confident there's no chance I'd be accepted", and "you'll reject me" which was directed at the group, not you personally. The fact you think it's aimed at solely you though is quite interesting, almost like a subconscious admission. Or maybe I should have worded it better. Not sure and it doesn't really matter.

I'm not about to change how I behave just to potentially be considered to join a moderating team. You know more about me than you pretend to in public forums but it doesn't really bother me, act how you like. At least I know I conduct myself on the same principles in every situation.

Honestly I'm not even sure why you're replying unless you felt it necessary to defend against what I said.
    Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed May 09, 2018 1:26 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
    Vid_FISO wrote:

I'm sure she has done very valuable things for your clan and whatnot, but people who are two faced I have no time for, sorry.

You sure do seem to have an awful lot of time to spend on me. Two faced is probably the worst description of me as I’ve told each of them what I think about him or her to his or her face. Glad to see the “team” is feeding you inside information. It’s either that or you’ve decided to start spreading rumors about me too to aid The effort.
    11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
    Sergeant 1st Class CatchersMitt14

Postby IcePack on Wed May 09, 2018 1:46 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
    Vid_FISO wrote:

CM14 can be described many ways, two faced would not be one of them.

iAmCaffeine wrote:
    IcePack wrote:You have applied twice in the past and as I said, you were provided feedback the last time. If you choose to ignore it that’s up to you. As I said there are certain criteria laid out for all moderators, not just my own. If you feel you don’t want to change how you act in order to be considered for a TeamCC position then that’s your prerogative. But don’t then complain that it’s me that’s keeping you from being accepted / considered lol

I think it's quite clear I'm not going to apply, I basically said as much earlier. I also never said you have done or would keep me from being accepted, rather I stated "I'm extremely confident there's no chance I'd be accepted", and "you'll reject me" which was directed at the group, not you personally. The fact you think it's aimed at solely you though is quite interesting, almost like a subconscious admission. Or maybe I should have worded it better. Not sure and it doesn't really matter.

I'm not about to change how I behave just to potentially be considered to join a moderating team. You know more about me than you pretend to in public forums but it doesn't really bother me, act how you like. At least I know I conduct myself on the same principles in every situation.

Honestly I'm not even sure why you're replying unless you felt it necessary to defend against what I said.

I agree that’s clear, I never said it wasn’t. I said it was your choice. You quoted me and said “you’ll”, so you can understand why I thought you were directing it towards me, instead of the team.

I’m not sure why you think I conduct myself under different principles in different situations, maybe another “source” you have :lol:

I’m replying because you posted in a thread looking for clan directors and implied you’d be treated any differently then other applicants. Then afterwards, we’ve continued something called a conversation. There’s no need for me to defend anything, as I’ve done nothing that would require that.
    Captain IcePack
    Multi Hunter
    Multi Hunter

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed May 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ..........

any increase on the single (not iamcaffine this time) applicant yet? Someone (un)suitable to the current regime? You don't do a good job of selling the role.
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
    Major Vid_FISO

Postby IcePack on Wed May 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:Meanwhile, back at the ranch ..........

any increase on the single (not iamcaffine this time) applicant yet? Someone (un)suitable to the current regime? You don't do a good job of selling the role.

We now have two applications last I checked.
    I’ve held off dictating to other people that they must apply, in hopes that more volunteers come forward ;)
    Captain IcePack
    Multi Hunter
    Multi Hunter

Postby willedtowin1 on Wed May 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Is this where I sign up for Free Beer?

Unsure why the candidates are not posted in this thread.
    If it were not a Dick-Tater-Ship......then the names would/could be agreed upon by current
    Clan Leaders? Or at least simply they could asked a few quality questions........

BTW
    I have no time....but somehow made time enough to post this silly question.
    Colonel willedtowin1

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed May 09, 2018 6:17 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
    iAmCaffeine wrote:
    Vid_FISO wrote:

You sure do seem to have an awful lot of time to spend on me. Two faced is probably the worst description of me as I’ve told each of them what I think about him or her to his or her face. Glad to see the “team” is feeding you inside information. It’s either that or you’ve decided to start spreading rumors about me too to aid The effort.

An awful lot of time to spend on you? What are you talking about? I made one comment in passing and then responded to another comment about it. And what inside information have I been fed? I really have no clue what the f*ck you're talking about lmao. I don't spread rumours either by the way, I thought it'd be obvious I'm much more of a direct person. I almost didn't respond to this post because it would be even more hilarious to let you believe all this random shit. Like I actually have no clue what you're talking about in half of that.

IcePack wrote:I’m not sure why you think I conduct myself under different principles in different situations, maybe another “source” you have :lol:

Source? Yikes. You and CM14 are funny. I said I quoted somebody and now there is a leaking team and a source and spread rumours? Holy shit lmfao. Is this like journalism now? Are you guys conspiracy theorists? I say one tiny thing and you're both shouting shit about leaks and a source. Pretty ironic when CM14 claims I'm spreading rumours about her. What would I even say? I barely no anything about her. Thanks for making me laugh before I go to bed.

IcePack wrote:I’m replying because you posted in a thread looking for clan directors and implied you’d be treated any differently then other applicants. Then afterwards, we’ve continued something called a conversation. There’s no need for me to defend anything, as I’ve done nothing that would require that.

The main reason for my post initially was to give you a suggestion to find some more applicants and poke some fun. I've had plenty of fun. Take my suggestion or don't. As for treating me differently, you can't neuter bias and if you try to say otherwise you're lying.
    Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby willedtowin1 on Wed May 09, 2018 6:32 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:The main reason for my post initially was to give you a suggestion to find some more applicants and poke some fun. I've had plenty of fun. Take my suggestion or don't. As for treating me differently, you can't neuter bias and if you try to say otherwise you're lying.

Lighten up Francis =/
    Colonel willedtowin1

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed May 09, 2018 6:41 pm

willedtowin1 wrote:
    iAmCaffeine wrote:The main reason for my post initially was to give you a suggestion to find some more applicants and poke some fun. I've had plenty of fun. Take my suggestion or don't. As for treating me differently, you can't neuter bias and if you try to say otherwise you're lying.

Lighten up Francis =/

How? I'm having more fun with this thread than anyone else. IceyP is easy.
    Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Wed May 09, 2018 7:13 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
    IcePack wrote:I’m not sure why you think I conduct myself under different principles in different situations, maybe another “source” you have :lol:

Source? Yikes. You and CM14 are funny. I said I quoted somebody and now there is a leaking team and a source and spread rumours? Holy shit lmfao. Is this like journalism now? Are you guys conspiracy theorists? I say one tiny thing and you're both shouting shit about leaks and a source. Pretty ironic when CM14 claims I'm spreading rumours about her. What would I even say? I barely no anything about her. Thanks for making me laugh before I go to bed.

The source bit was a joke based on your "quoting someone else" response. If you didn't get it from my quotations, I thought the big laughing face might have tipped you off.

willedtowin1 wrote:Is this where I sign up for Free Beer?

Unsure why the candidates are not posted in this thread.
    If it were not a Dick-Tater-Ship......then the names would/could be agreed upon by current
    Clan Leaders? Or at least simply they could asked a few quality questions........

BTW
    I have no time....but somehow made time enough to post this silly question.

Its not a dictatorship in that I don't personally select who gets added alone. The Clan Director Team basically is doing what you are suggesting the Clan Leaders do, because we actually do the work in the background, can see applicant histories, discuss pros / cons, interview potential people, provide feedback. As I said, the process also involves ALL team leaders from all departments for adding someone to TeamCC, as well as the Admins weighing in.

There isn't much point of doing a big Q&A with people with all the layers / process that exist already if they aren't qualified, or maybe are qualified but don't fit well with the work thats needed (for example, their interest might be with running the Conquerors Cup only, when that already has someone covered, etc).
    Captain IcePack
    Multi Hunter
    Multi Hunter

Next

Return to Clan Archives