Conquer Club

FORMING: Jolly Ranchers - non-competitive

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: FORMING: Jolly Ranchers - non-competitive

Postby Denise on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:44 pm

king achilles wrote:Ranching is poor sportsmanship. Just like not condoning any group that promotes farming, even the practice of ranching, or whatever some of you would call it, though it is not against the rules as of now, will also not be condoned or endorsed as a usergroup or clan, be it jolly or not.

=D> =D> =D>
Major Denise

Postby eddie2 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:51 pm

king achilles wrote:Ranching is poor sportsmanship. Just like not condoning any group that promotes farming, even the practice of ranching, or whatever some of you would call it, though it is not against the rules as of now, will also not be condoned or endorsed as a usergroup or clan, be it jolly or not.

+2 =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby lanyards on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:10 pm

You said it yourself. Farming is against the rules, usergroups devoted to farming are not allowed. Ranching, which is an inconsistent term that could mean anything really, is perfectly permissible, however this usergroup is not?

ljex asked why, and other than your opinion that whatever you think ranching is to be poor sportsmanship, you didn't really answer anything...except distinguishing farming as off limits and this as not, and then contradicting the rules.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but you did a poor job of answering why and mostly avoided the question.

If what it comes down to is that your an admin and what you say goes, so be it. I'll respect that, but I'm also curious what the problem is.
WANT AN ADVANTAGE WHILE WORKING TOWARDS MEDALS?
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=529&t=226714
Major lanyards

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:19 pm

How about you check the GLG C&A thread where Lackattack said today that they are actively working to put a stop to ranching because he doesn't "like it either when our Conqueror gets his points from cheap tactics".

Is that clear enough for you?
Major Bones2484

Postby ljex on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:21 pm

okay good enough reason...i agree just curious if cc had a reason more than just they didnt want it to get started
Captain ljex

Postby lanyards on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Bones2484 wrote:How about you check the GLG C&A thread where Lackattack said today that they are actively working to put a stop to ranching because he doesn't "like it either when our Conqueror gets his points from cheap tactics".

Is that clear enough for you?
I hadn't read that but yes I guess so. As I said, I understand if this wasn't allowed due to the administration having a problem with it but it was my understanding they didn't.

And no need for hostility bonezor.
Major lanyards

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:50 pm

lanyards wrote:And no need for hostility bonezor.

Sorry, maxastuy. Didn't mean to offend.
Major Bones2484

Postby lanyards on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Wow. Alright, well I recanted, and there's nothing more going on here other than trolling and baiting, so lock 'er up!
Major lanyards

Postby macbone on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Excellent decision from the admins here.
Colonel macbone

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:41 pm

with all due respect. . .

1)Ranching is currently legal, and so should be allowed until new rules evolve.
2)Calling Ranching Poor Sportsmanship sorta sounds like Baiting/flaming to me -- but I'm sorta new here
3)Ranching is PURELY managing risk. Like life insurance.
4)claims by detractors of hordes Cooks/Cadets is exaggerating/lieing.
5)if going to eliminate Ranching, better to elimiate CLickies for FS/speed against non-clickies

I have it on good authority by my legal counsel "the bush master" that his law firm can win a HUGE Civil Rights violations case for me on this.

Would "Herders of the Blind Sheep" be a better SOCIAL clan name? willing to work with management

GLG

PS: why does CC bother to enforce rules NOT in existence, but not fairly enforce current bait/flame/troll rules?
Field Marshal Gen.LeeGettinhed

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Unwritten Rules

Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to: throwing games or deliberately benefiting from thrown games, intentional deadbeating, holding players hostage, serial teammate killing, hijacking accounts, systematically "farming" new recruits.

So with this non-specific clause which can cover pretty much anything that is done on CC it could be deemed that bogrolling (formerly 'ranching') is a gross abuse of the game. Whilst its practitioners may apparently continue to escape censure, the administration can at least apply some common sense and not have them flaunt it in people's faces. The upholding of the following may be applied if bogrolling is seen to be a breach of unwritten rules:

Forum Guidelines

Posting in the forum is a privilege, not a right. If you want to continue to keep this privilege, play by the rules.

in addition to:

If a mod or admin specifically say you shouldn't be doing something, regardless of if it's specifically spelled out in the rules, or if you think that they are stupid, it still means don't do it.

So for a forum dedicated to bogrolling perhaps its advocates should go to a more appropriate site, e.g. http://www.pieceofshit.com
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby aad0906 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Gen.LeeGettinhed wrote:
I am amazed that this player thinks he can read minds. He claims it's to target Cooks and Cadets -- but I've played neither (or few of) in a LONG time. Then he baits/flames KoRT when saying he isn't? Request he troll elsewhere.

He wasn't trolling, he was wishing you good luck. Maybe he was mistaken about the cooks and cadets as you seem to focus on privates.
Colonel aad0906

Postby QoH on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:27 pm

Gen.LeeGettinhed wrote:with all due respect. . .

1)Ranching is currently legal, and so should be allowed until new rules evolve.
Allowed, maybe, but condoned? Admin have said this quite clearly. No.
2)Calling Ranching Poor Sportsmanship sorta sounds like Baiting/flaming to me -- but I'm sorta new here
Not really.
3)Ranching is PURELY managing risk. Like life insurance.
Does that automatically make it ok?
4)claims by detractors of hordes Cooks/Cadets is exaggerating/lieing.
Not when that's what the majority of your games are, whether past, present or who you plan on playing.
5)if going to eliminate Ranching, better to elimiate CLickies for FS/speed against non-clickies
2 different things. You can 2 different FS masters play each other. Why ruin it for them?

I have it on good authority by my legal counsel "the bush master" that his law firm can win a HUGE Civil Rights violations case for me on this.

Would "Herders of the Blind Sheep" be a better SOCIAL clan name? willing to work with management
Nope.

GLG

PS: why does CC bother to enforce rules NOT in existence, but not fairly enforce current bait/flame/troll rules?
You know I've wondered that myself. I'm still waiting for your deserved ban, as you do just as much baiting and flaming around here.

Since GLG has me on foe, I don't think he'll read this. Oh well. There goes 2 mins of my life I'll never get back.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 am

Me and Jsnyder are buds... to be honest I'm wanting in just to have "Jolly Ranchers" in my groups dropdown XD
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:52 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:Me and Jsnyder are buds... to be honest I'm wanting in just to have "Jolly Ranchers" in my groups dropdown XD

Mate, the only thing that would drop down is the high esteem in which I've held you. ;)
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby hmsps on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:40 am

king achilles wrote:Sorry but this group is not happening.

Common sense prevails =D>
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Lieutenant hmsps

Postby jsnyder748 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:57 pm

hmsps wrote:

lol seriously this makes no sense to me....this whole website is screwed up. Common sense was lost long ago. This strategy has been around as long as ther has been a conquerer.....i play almost all open games and i play settings i will beat other good teams on regardless of if they join or not. hmsps, you have even joined quite a few of my quads games...
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby Crazyirishman on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Sorry but imma a lil slow round heer, can someone splain to me how these ranchers are so jolly?

Also GLG, you should be ashamed of yourself and I though you would have learned by now to not associate your tactics with the agriculture industry. I had high hopes that you had learned and adjusted based on this post, but yet again you leave me here crushed picking up the shattered pieces of my heart as I think about how my fellow ranching brothers who I grew up with will be looked down upon, when in reality they provide for the greater good.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:13 am

dog gone it, I forgot to include the MOST IMPORTANT THING.

I tentatively lined up JOLLY RANCHERS candy company as sponsor with:
-5 yr prepaid memberships for official members -- approved by GLG
-1000 free memberships for underprivileged opponents -- approved by our JR clan board
-1 yr supply of Jolly Ranchers candies for all official members
-120 free memberships to offer as prizes for tournaments (10/mo) bearing the Jolly Ranchers name

Admin missed the boat on this one. Shoot, I think that's more memberships than the peanut gallery would lose.

Well there's always Preparation-H to sponsor my ol' buddy K-Her's next "duz yer butt hurt?" clan. . .or Pillsbury to sponsor Baker's Dozen

I may have to find another site to use my Marketing Skills at.

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)

Postby hmsps on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:36 am

jsnyder748 wrote:
hmsps wrote:

lol seriously this makes no sense to me....this whole website is screwed up. Common sense was lost long ago. This strategy has been around as long as ther has been a conquerer.....i play almost all open games and i play settings i will beat other good teams on regardless of if they join or not. hmsps, you have even joined quite a few of my quads games...
If there is anything u don't understand, feel free to drop me a pm and talk it through. Am actually quite surprised that u would associate yourself with ranching or whatever u want to call it as you didn't seem the type. A lot of the games u set up are competitive (all of mine are) so couldn't see ur point on me joining some of your games. You are more than welcome to bring your teams and join mine.
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Lieutenant hmsps

Postby NoSurvivors on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:11 pm

GLG, finally found the thread LMAO sorry for the long wait, In please ;)
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 am

OBVIOUSLY in... duh...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby QoH on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:03 pm

For all those people who keep saying "in" this ain't happening. Or at least, didn't KA say that?
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby jgordon1111 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:09 pm

For all the in's I believe GLG has started a new one PAP, Got a different twist about ranching. Actually GLG says he is reforming and would now like a group of like minded players to discuss the demise of ranching and other things
Private jgordon1111

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Fellow players, please join me in singing:

Kum ba yah, my lack, kum ba yah. Kum ba ya, my lack, kum ba ya. Kum ba yah, my lack, kum ba ya. Oh, Lack, kum ba yah.

Someone's Ranching, lack, kum ba yah. Someone's Flaming, lack, kum ba yah. Someone's Baiting, lack, kum ba yah. Oh Lack, kum ba ya.

We're reforming, lackm kum ba yah. Tho we're legal, lack, kum ba yah. Stop the flaming, lack, kum ba yah. Oh Lack, kum ba ya.

Now have a Coke and a smile :mrgreen:

PreviousNext

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup