Conquer Club

Xi Games Recruitment Drive

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Xi Games Recruitment Drive

Postby glide on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:42 am

Tired of foolish alliances, dishonest truces, and rude or abrasive players?
Xi is one of, if not THE oldest groups within CC, and was transferred over from the old MSN site at CC's inception in 2006. We are proud of our accomplishments, and our motto : "Friends killing friends, with honor". It is our intention to hold our first public recruitment drive , and with that in mind, we would like to briefly state our policies, and open lines of communication with the general CC public.
We do not allow truces, alliances, or shady tactics in our games, or by any of our members. Nor do we allow members to belong to another COMPETITIVE clan or group. Membership in any other type group is fine, and Xi members are certainly allowed to play who they want, whenever they want. We discourage bad language in our game chat, and are happy in the knowledge that if we join an Xi sponsored game, we know we will not have to worry about bad language, smack-talk, truces, etc. It is for this reason that many of our +100 members play all their games with other Xi members. However, new blood is always exciting, and we all have friends outside of our own group.....so, now is the chance for anyone interested to apply to Xi for a probationary membership.
After a few games in which we can get to know you, an Xi member could decide to sponsor you for full membership. That routine would be explained at that point. But, for now, we'd be pleased to see who out there, not already a member of a clan, would be interested in joining Xi. If that's you, please post below, and one of our members will get right back to you.
Gatekeeper, and Proud Member of XI Games
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Location: 7km outside the thriving metropolis of Centreville, New Brunswick!

Re: Xi Games Recruitment Drive

Postby benga on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:04 am

xi games is not a clan
Sergeant benga

Postby glide on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:13 am

benga wrote:xi games is not a clan

No, it is not. Which is why Xi games is listed as a "group" and not as a clan. But, it is our prerogative to disallow Xi membership to any CC member who IS a member of a competitive group or clan. We are a tightly knit, and happy online family, and are simply looking for any others who might fit in with us.
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Postby KoolBak on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:03 pm

benga wrote:xi games is not a clan

:-s Interesting post.....

I have been xi for over 6 years....made several friends that became RL ones....excellent group for the right people....come play with us!
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal KoolBak

Postby finagin on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:50 pm

I would like to join, if you'll have me. I believe there to be at least one member in Xi Games that knows I would fit in (BP 8-)
Sergeant finagin

Postby glide on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 am

finagin wrote:I would like to join, if you'll have me. I believe there to be at least one member in Xi Games that knows I would fit in (BP 8-)

That sounds great finagin........Bubonic Plague will be your sponsor, and I will start the ball rolling!
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:24 am

what is wrong with truces that are set fair and square? in what world is that a shady tactic?
Major betiko

Postby Shannon Apple on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:49 am

I've never been a member of Xi, but I did often play with someone who was involved with them back when I first started playing. I understand completely why they are against truces. I don't even like them myself really. It all depends on the kind of player that you are, Betiko, and some people may enjoy being a part of this group so that they don't have to worry about winning the game too early and getting taken down by a truce. :lol: it happens most often in multiple team games where 2 teams team up. It kinda is cheap tactics because at the end of the day, only one can win. XD. A truce just ensures that it's gonna be one of the people who made the truce who wins and not the player/team was winning to begin with.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:48 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:I've never been a member of Xi, but I did often play with someone who was involved with them back when I first started playing. I understand completely why they are against truces. I don't even like them myself really. It all depends on the kind of player that you are, Betiko, and some people may enjoy being a part of this group so that they don't have to worry about winning the game too early and getting taken down by a truce. :lol: it happens most often in multiple team games where 2 teams team up. It kinda is cheap tactics because at the end of the day, only one can win. XD. A truce just ensures that it's gonna be one of the people who made the truce who wins and not the player/team was winning to begin with.

well knowing that you might get truthes against you if you become too strong too fast is part of the strategy. diplomacy is definitely a fun part of the game.
this is like "oh we play chess but in our game there is no queen because it's cheap tactics". You guys are using maps that all involve super powers making truces and alliances you know....
Major betiko

Postby KoolBak on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:38 pm

lol....Betiko....we all have opinions, right? Well, this is a group of like-minded people that think alliances in singles games have no place. It's a SINGLES game....you play and deal with it. We play TEAM games if we want partners.

Your queen analogy is inappropriate. That's been our way for close to 10 years now, ok? Thanks for your concern, and thanks for your kind words Shannon ;)

AND:
Corporal KoolBak

Postby glide on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:55 pm

betiko wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:I've never been a member of Xi, but I did often play with someone who was involved with them back when I first started playing. I understand completely why they are against truces. I don't even like them myself really. It all depends on the kind of player that you are, Betiko, and some people may enjoy being a part of this group so that they don't have to worry about winning the game too early and getting taken down by a truce. :lol: it happens most often in multiple team games where 2 teams team up. It kinda is cheap tactics because at the end of the day, only one can win. XD. A truce just ensures that it's gonna be one of the people who made the truce who wins and not the player/team was winning to begin with.

well knowing that you might get truthes against you if you become too strong too fast is part of the strategy. diplomacy is definitely a fun part of the game.
this is like "oh we play chess but in our game there is no queen because it's cheap tactics". You guys are using maps that all involve super powers making truces and alliances you know....

We're looking for new like-minded members, not a critique on our Code of Conduct. Live and let live my friend. We are happy with our ways. Have a nice day.
Elsewhere. :lol:
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Postby betiko on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:17 pm

No prob, was just a bit surprised that you could call "shady tactics" the fact of using truces and alliances in a game of risk. You guys can play your "diet coke" CC together I have no prob with that, just no need to call shady the standard rules as if you were the keepers of morality.
Major betiko

Postby KoolBak on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:21 pm

You appear to be the one with the self-appointed need to point out "Betiko's Right and Wrong"....

I see you're a SOC leader....did you know Wacicha, who was a big part of the SOC? He is a founding member of xi....di you berate his diet coke playing as well? Please go away; enjoy your Classic Coke to the best of your ability.

AND:
Corporal KoolBak

Postby glide on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:39 pm

betiko wrote:No prob, was just a bit surprised that you could call "shady tactics" the fact of using truces and alliances in a game of risk. You guys can play your "diet coke" CC together I have no prob with that, just no need to call shady the standard rules as if you were the keepers of morality.

This is not a thread about your opinions, however, perhaps you should read what I wrote again.......the word OR is important.
"We do not allow truces, alliances, or shady tactics in our games, or by any of our members."

Now can we please reserve this thread for people actually interested in inquiring about joining Xi games? Thank you.
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:16 pm

I think you've got a good group going. I've played with various xi gamers over the years, and always enjoyed their company. Good luck in your recruitment drive!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby 4 U 2 NV on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:17 am

great group. how have your numbers been doing, my friends?
Major 4 U 2 NV

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:42 am

I just don't understand why you don't allow members to be part of a competitive clan..
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby KoolBak on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:50 am

Duk....Thanks for the kind words ;o) 4U....good to hear from you! Hope you are well....

Iam.....'Twas a choice we made many years ago.....long story but if one is interested in competition in a group format, clans are it. If one is interested in playing with good friends and agree with our values, it basically precludes clan type activity....works for us ;)

AND:
Corporal KoolBak

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:54 am

KoolBak wrote:
Iam.....'Twas a choice we made many years ago.....long story but if one is interested in competition in a group format, clans are it. If one is interested in playing with good friends and agree with our values, it basically precludes clan type activity....works for us ;)

That's kind of what I figured, but I don't understand how it precludes clan type activity.

I'm not disagreeing with your methods here, simply looking for clarification. There are plenty of people in clans who don't use truces and aren't unpleasant in chat. I'm not sure why they'd be excluded.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby KoolBak on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:18 pm

Appreciate your position my friend.....believe me, this has been deliberated again and again in-house but we adhere to our original decision.....there had been instances of members involved in tourneys where they did not present themselves well and our name was associated with the disagreements (this was back in the MSN site, but it was similar to CC)....we made the decision, and unfortunately, the actions of a very few affect the many....we stick by the rule.

We are ALWAYS happy to play with folks outside the group and have a large number that regularly join our games....many names you'd recognize from the site.....we just ask that they play by the rules ;o)

Thanks for your interest-

Now I gotta go kill some brothers and sisters :twisted:

AND:
Corporal KoolBak

Postby glide on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Yes folks, it is what it is. We took care and lots of time to refine our Code of Conduct, which contain our rules and bylaws, and we stick with them. So, if we can get back to the original purpose of the thread.......any CC players, not members of competitive groups or clans, that may be interested in joining Xi games, please post your name here. We'll arrange a few "meet and greet" games, and get to know each other, and go from there.
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Postby Roger Dodger on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:01 pm

I have played with many people here in CC for many years. Don't get me wrong, I love u guys. I also love my XI family. Not sure when I got there but, I think and this is only my opinion. That when u r playing in a clan type group it's always your clan vs theirs. And that's a personal choice. Sometimes it can bred bad feelings.everyone knows battles can be fierce. I play with my XI family mostly. It's more like getting whooped by a brother or sister. You can even learn a lesson or two. The difference between XI and everything else to me is friends vs family. That is what XI means to me.

Regards. RD
So, I sticka my tonga at all youa.

Proud Member of XI Games
Private Roger Dodger

Postby glide on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:47 pm

glide wrote:Tired of foolish alliances, dishonest truces, and rude or abrasive players?
Xi is one of, if not THE oldest groups within CC, and was transferred over from the old MSN site at CC's inception in 2006. We are proud of our accomplishments, and our motto : "Friends killing friends, with honor". It is our intention to hold our first public recruitment drive , and with that in mind, we would like to briefly state our policies, and open lines of communication with the general CC public.
We do not allow truces, alliances, or shady tactics in our games, or by any of our members. Nor do we allow members to belong to another COMPETITIVE clan or group. Membership in any other type group is fine, and Xi members are certainly allowed to play who they want, whenever they want. We discourage bad language in our game chat, and are happy in the knowledge that if we join an Xi sponsored game, we know we will not have to worry about bad language, smack-talk, truces, etc. It is for this reason that many of our +100 members play all their games with other Xi members. However, new blood is always exciting, and we all have friends outside of our own group.....so, now is the chance for anyone interested to apply to Xi for a probationary membership.
After a few games in which we can get to know you, an Xi member could decide to sponsor you for full membership. That routine would be explained at that point. But, for now, we'd be pleased to see who out there, not already a member of a clan, would be interested in joining Xi. If that's you, please post below, and one of our members will get right back to you.

Just thought I'd bump this back, so that people could see the original message..... come on down, we're friendly, and hardly ever bite..lol
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Postby glide on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:00 am

We're still on the lookout for prospective new members. Feel free inquire by pm if interested.
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Postby glide on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:41 am

glide wrote:We're still on the lookout for prospective new members. Feel free inquire by pm if interested.

bump :)
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Next

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup