Conquer Club

Calling All Christians! - Jesus Freaks Recruitment Thread

Find or create a usergroup based around a particular interest or commonality.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Calling All Christians! - Jesus Freaks Recruitment Thread

Postby Caleb the Cruel on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:32 pm

Hello all,

I am Caleb, moderator of the Jesus Freaks(JFC) and am proud to announce that the clan is currently accepting new members! The only requirement to join is that you are a Christian! If you are a Christian, and are interested in having discussions about the Bible, playing RISK with fellow Christians, having clan wars against opposing groups, and being emersed in fellowship with fellow believers, this is the group for you! We are an official usergroup here at Conquer Club which means we have our own private forum on this website so we don't have to deal with those atheist pests. :lol: To join, simply CLICK HERE or on my Jesus Freaks banner below and press "Subscribe". Hope to see you in the forum!

God bless,
-Caleb, JFC Moderator

Note: Please do not hijack this thread as many atheists have done in the past. You can argue with us in the Clubhouse. :wink:
Corporal 1st Class Caleb the Cruel

Postby Blastshot on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:42 pm

Just to clarify, as Caleb made it sound as you had to be a hard core Christain, you dont. I just joined to show my support for Christianity, then realized what a nice community it is. We have discussions about the bible constantly, and are just now starting a Verse Of the Week thread to post and discuss verses of the bible. If you have any questions about the bible, or Christianity itself we(well, most of us:P) can give you our their insights and beliefs to answer your question(s). We also have In-Group Tourneys. By no means do you have to post about your beliefs due to the constant Atheist/Christianity arguements we wont make you, or even ask you to post about them. There are hardly any limitations to our group. There is no 1-clan rule or really anything, so please even if you arent a hard core Christain, show your support by joining, we ask of nothing more.

PS: Also if you are in the clan and need somone trustworthy to watch your account, we can usually find someone to help.
If someone described asked me to describe myself in one word, that word would be: Rocker
Private Blastshot

Location: A little town, in a medium state, from a large country

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:47 pm

We also have our own little debates between ourselves (Like Catholic vs Protestant ideals), and if you are a nondenominational Christian, you are also welcome to join us, as many members are nondenominational. :wink:
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby yankeesfan on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:07 pm

if you are cristian and you want to be in a clan this is the one for you.
the benifits are sweet sig and you will be a member of the clan
ImageImageImage
Private yankeesfan

Postby misterman10 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:54 pm

yankeesfan wrote:if you are cristian and you want to be in a clan this is the one for you.
the benifits are sweet sig and you will be a member of the clan

obviously
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:07 pm

Definitely a great community. There's virtually no moderation... because there doesn't have to be. A nice group of guys to hang around with.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby golilox on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:52 pm

OnlyAmbrose wrote: A nice group of guys to hang around with.

And girls :)
Sergeant 1st Class golilox

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:05 am

Of course! :D
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby vuDore on Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:15 am

I support this thread. ;)
Cook vuDore

Postby Skittles! on Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:30 am

Are the sheep gathering to support their leader for the great Sheppard? :wink:
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Caleb the Cruel on Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:47 pm

Do I smell hijacking?

Postby golilox on Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:12 pm

Skittles! wrote:Are the sheep gathering to support their leader for the great Sheppard? :wink:

Interesting choice of words I must say!
Sergeant 1st Class golilox

Postby Skittles! on Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:35 pm

golilox wrote:
Skittles! wrote:Are the sheep gathering to support their leader for the great Sheppard? :wink:

Indeed. Do you like them? :wink:

Caleb, I'm not trying to hi-jack. I didn't know you could smell them too :lol: You should be a mod with all those skills!
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Caleb the Cruel on Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:21 pm

Skittles! wrote:
golilox wrote:

Caleb, I'm not trying to hi-jack. I didn't know you could smell them too :lol: You should be a mod with all those skills!

First I'm working on conquering all of the usergroup's forums(2 down, working on a 3rd). Then maybe they'll realize they need to make me a mod of the public forums. :wink:

Postby Skittles! on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:26 pm

What one is the third, may I ask?

And Caleb, you're acting more and more like a Dictator every day :lol:
Private Skittles!

Postby Caleb the Cruel on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:20 am

Skittles! wrote:What one is the third, may I ask?

And Caleb, you're acting more and more like a Dictator every day :lol:

You're lucky it's just Conquer Club, and not the world.

And yes, you may ask, but I shall not answer. :wink: I don't expect the 3rd one to come around anytime soon, but my time will come.

Postby Skittles! on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:35 am

Oh, believe me, I know I am lucky :D
Private Skittles!

Postby CrazyAnglican on Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:53 am

Yes, its a laid back group of people. The discussions can be quite interesting, and there are a few Christians who post there that won't anywhere else. It's a fun clan to be part of, and a big one I think were closing in on 150 members or so?
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Postby got tonkaed on Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:42 am

CrazyAnglican wrote:Yes, its a laid back group of people. The discussions can be quite interesting, and there are a few Christians who post there that won't anywhere else. It's a fun clan to be part of, and a big one I think were closing in on 150 members or so?

thats pretty interesting, i wouldnt have guessed from the amount of people in the shooting off forum that numbers were sneaking up on 150. How goes the discussion in those parts?
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby CrazyAnglican on Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:32 pm

got tonkaed wrote:
CrazyAnglican wrote:Yes, its a laid back group of people. The discussions can be quite interesting, and there are a few Christians who post there that won't anywhere else. It's a fun clan to be part of, and a big one I think were closing in on 150 members or so?

thats pretty interesting, i wouldnt have guessed from the amount of people in the shooting off forum that numbers were sneaking up on 150. How goes the discussion in those parts?

Pretty interesting, I just answered a post about sacraments and how different churches think differently about them. It's one of thsose things we agree on more often than not, but its interesting to hear Catholics, Presbyterians, Lutherans, and Baptists discuss the familiar topics with differing viewpoints.

As far as the number of people, I was surprised as well. There are some very vocal people who speak out against religion and Christianity in general, but every "What religion are you" poll, that I've seen, shows that at least half of the respondents are Christian. We're really not as vocal as one might believe. I try to limit my posts to just defending my beliefs without attacking anyone else.

That's one thing I've liked to see in the Jesus Freaks Forum, You might think that with a closed user group people would be nasty about non-Christians. It's actually quite the opposite we have a running "Who's your favoite non-Christian CC member" thread where we speak up and point out the people that we disagree with but respect and like.

Being a Christian is a prerequisite for our clan, but if you would like to see a sample of the type of things we talk about there's an old thread "The Fish Club" that I started early this year. It's pretty similar, but got hijacked a bit.
Corporal CrazyAnglican

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:38 pm

Caleb the Cruel wrote:
Skittles! wrote:
golilox wrote:

First I'm working on conquering all of the usergroup's forums(2 down, working on a 3rd). Then maybe they'll realize they need to make me a mod of the public forums. :wink:

You shouldn't even count JF, Caleb, we're pretty low maintenance as far as clan forums go ;)
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby Skittles! on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:23 am

CrazyAnglican wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:

Pretty interesting, I just answered a post about sacraments and how different churches think differently about them. It's one of thsose things we agree on more often than not, but its interesting to hear Catholics, Presbyterians, Lutherans, and Baptists discuss the familiar topics with differing viewpoints.

As far as the number of people, I was surprised as well. There are some very vocal people who speak out against religion and Christianity in general, but every "What religion are you" poll, that I've seen, shows that at least half of the respondents are Christian. We're really not as vocal as one might believe. I try to limit my posts to just defending my beliefs without attacking anyone else.

That's one thing I've liked to see in the Jesus Freaks Forum, You might think that with a closed user group people would be nasty about non-Christians. It's actually quite the opposite we have a running "Who's your favoite non-Christian CC member" thread where we speak up and point out the people that we disagree with but respect and like.

Being a Christian is a prerequisite for our clan, but if you would like to see a sample of the type of things we talk about there's an old thread "The Fish Club" that I started early this year. It's pretty similar, but got hijacked a bit.

I don't think I ever visited the Fish Club thread.. Just because, well, it's a place where Christians could speak in the main-forums.

When did s.xkitten join the JFC? I didn't know she was a Christian.
Private Skittles!

Postby Caleb the Cruel on Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:01 pm

*bump*

Re:

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:34 am

CrazyAnglican wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:

Except, it seems like whenever JesusFreaks is mentioned, it is in reference to the more conservative, or "evangelical" sides of Christianity.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Re: Calling All Christians! - Jesus Freaks Recruitment Thread

Postby Kotaro on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:52 pm

I would like to be added.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Next

Return to Create/Join a Social Usergroup