Conquer Club

World Cities Contest: We have a winner!

The arena for official Foundry competitions: the War of Art!

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Which map do you prefer?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:28 am

LONDON
41%
DUBAI
4%
ISTANBUL
55%

Total votes : 181

Re: World Cities Contest: Phase Three

Postby natty dread on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:12 pm

Dear Mr. Porkenbeans,
I fail to understand why you are accusing my person of any kind of foul play. I merely noticed you opining that the contest entries here are all pieces of crap. Your comments were uttered in such a confident manner; hence I concluded that you must be a mapmaking guru of sorts - one who has tons of unbelievably amazing maps under his belt.

Being a curious person, this naturally sparked my curiosity. Therefore I enquired where might I see these amazing masterpieces of yours - and possibly even play them? But alas, for some reason, you apparently took my honest enquiry as an insult... I cannot being to fathom why that would be!

I assure you, no insult was intended, and any perceived slight on my part must simply have been a grievous misunderstanding.

With Best Regards,
N. D., Esquire
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby HanniBull on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:51 pm

London
Private 1st Class HanniBull

Postby ender516 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:03 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Please guys, STOP this nonsense talking NOW!
Honestly I'm a really tired to read this type of things on each contest thread. Perhaps our mapmakers are a little too touchy?
Guys, if you want to play a "mine is bigger than yours" game, can I suggest you both to use private messages? I think that no one here wants to read again and again and again these bullshit. :roll:

I'm with you on this one.

Natty, you must know by now that there will be unkind comments made in a contest topic. If the entries had remained anonymous as I thought that they were intended to be, you might not find old foes taking potshots, and then be tempted to fire back at targets that are not fair game here, that is, maps that are not in this contest.

Pork, your original comment, although perhaps harsh, was certainly on topic. However, your "BTW" response to Natty was not. Don't rise to the bait.

I will stop here before someone accuses me of trying to moderate a topic outside my purview. (Maybe too late, but I'm not deleting this now.)
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:08 pm

I made this comment in another thread on the subject. I didn't realize at the time that the map had already moved on to a different area.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby natty dread on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:11 pm

ender516 wrote:If the entries had remained anonymous

I am not the one who broke the anonymity. You can thank the.killing.44 for that.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:22 pm

I voted for Istanbul. London is good, though I have reservations on the style of the title. Dubai, well it is different, at the same time I can't seem to figure it out. Too busy.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:46 am

isaiah40 wrote:I voted for Istanbul. London is good, though I have reservations on the style of the title. Dubai, well it is different, at the same time I can't seem to figure it out. Too busy.

I think you've mapped out my thoughts as well.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: World Cities Contest: We have a winner!

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Hello everyone!

It is with great pleasure that I can announce the winner of the World Cities Contest.
Congratulations to ISN2 for developing both gameplay and graphics of the map that gained the most public votes! =D>

You have been awarded a General Achievement Medal for winning the competition, moreover you will receive a Cartography Contribution Medal and 1 Year of Premium Membership as soon as the map will be quenched.

Istanbul

In addition, Bruceswar, DJ Teflon, ISN2, isaiah40 and sannemanrobinson have been awarded a General Achievement Medal for being the authors of the shortlisted maps in the phase two of the competition.
Finally natty_dread has been awarded a General Achievement Medal for being the author of the London Map that received most votes.

Thanks to all ConquerClub Members that voted and a Special Thanks to all who took part to the World Cities Competition: Isaiah40, Kengyin, Bruceswar, DJ Teflon, sannemanrobinson, Phantomzero, ISN2, Victor Sullivan, Industrial Helix, Riskismy, natty_dread, MrBenn and CJ Lues.

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby porkenbeans on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:24 pm

:D \:D/
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Congrats, ISN2!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby MrBenn on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Well done chaps!

(and it's nice to have a new mapmaker win the contest - perhaps you'll be able to rival WidowMakers for contest victories at some point?! :lol: )
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Previous

Return to Competitions