Moderator: Community Team

Re: Create "CC Time" to avoid time confusion

Postby Leehar on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:16 am

I support this!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby nemrehs1 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:31 am

I would love to see CC Time in use, since the trivia contest has started, i have had to convert time on every date, and i have had to ask around for times a lot. It would be very very helpful for me and everyone else who is not in UTC timezone :P. Please make this happen.
09:42:14 * jakewilliams quit (kicked from Trivia Contest by jakewilliams - reason: So long, and thanks for all the fish)
Lieutenant nemrehs1

Postby Calidrmr on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:38 am

I think this should get implemented, as it is very confusing and I feel bad for the mods having to answer endless questions about what time the next contest is going to be. And, tbh...it's slightly difficult for me to do the conversions too...lol 8-[
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Sergeant Calidrmr

Postby TheSaxlad on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:40 am

I agree. BUMP :)
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:44 am

ChewyBlu3y wrote:So let me get this straight, CC time =Eastern [USA] time?

Yes, that's correct.

It seems like the best place to put the clock is in the green navbar on top, right under the CC logo.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby lackattack on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:48 am

But if we had a cc time "clock" instead of a cc time "link" you would still have to do conversions.

Also, I worry that it will confuse people who change the timezone in control panel. It coudl make people beleive that game logs are now in cc time when in fact their are still in your preferred timezone.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:50 am

lackattack wrote:But if we had a cc time "clock" instead of a cc time "link" you would still have to do conversions.

You would only need to do a conversion once. Most of the people who would read the announcements come here regularly enough that they will learn the conversion by heart, without even realizing that they could just do it by converting to UTC-5.

Also, I worry that it will confuse people who change the timezone in control panel. It coudl make people beleive that game logs are now in cc time when in fact their are still in your preferred timezone.

Perhaps change the game logs to CC time as well? As long as there's a clock always running, people will still know how long ago the comments were.

Postby TheSaxlad on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:08 am

how about an actual clock face on the site with the current time? CC of course. and shouldn't cc time be UTC rather than EST?
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:19 am

TheSaxlad wrote:how about an actual clock face on the site with the current time? CC of course. and shouldn't cc time be UTC rather than EST?

A simple digital time readout is better than an actual clock face, for a variety of reasons.

CC time is EST because that's where lack lives. Got to give him some latitude (ha ha ha) on that one.

Postby AAFitz on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:01 am

Perhaps we can use an impartial time unit to be fair to all countries.

Convert to centon, centar, and ycentar. This should clear up all confusion and we can base it on the orbit of Earth, just to make it easier for most of us.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:49 am

lackattack wrote:But if we had a cc time "clock" instead of a cc time "link" you would still have to do conversions.

You are right conversions would still have to be done---however, I think it would go a long way towards eliminating uncertainty when certain events/celebrations---or even individual user things like 'I want you to be online at 14:00 CC Time to take our turn in our Doubles game'.

In regards to the timezone and control panel confusion, I don't think it will be really be an issue. We can always add a FAQ item, though I know few read those. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby amazzony on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:55 pm

This would be an awesome thing and I know that the whole Special Events team supports this idea. So far every event we've organised has required some managing with time zones and it's quite annoying because all 4 of us live in different time zones which means a lot of converting of time quite often. Yes, with CC time it would need converting too but it would be a lot easier than messing with UTC which changes when the clock is turned. Anyways, I hope this thing gets implemented soon as it would be a huge help to all who take part of the events that Special Events Team is organising.

Get it done, please?! :mrgreen:
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Also, we should call it "Turtle Time". The alliteration is sexy.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby JoshyBoy on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:51 am

Submitted. As far as I am aware, this is already been taken into consideration, and is being worked on. As far as I am aware.... :roll:
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions