Conquer Club

Create "CC Time" to avoid time confusion *Done*

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Universal Time/Display Server Time *Pending*

Postby corner G on Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:47 pm

I did a post simaler to this so I thought id make it into a poll:
conquerclub should have a displayed time that will be used as settime for a private and/or real time game.

Cynthia wrote:
Hitman079 wrote:i wonder when I'LL get quoted *sniffle* :cry:

same here :cry:
Corporal corner G

Postby Banana Stomper on Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:07 am

i don't know why, but for some reason i like the idea. regardless of the fact that i can't really think of a good reason for it. Something similar to this idea, which i think might be somewhat useful, but not in any meaningful way would be for in the heading thing, next to where it says conquer club all big, there were a bunch of clocks like they have in train stations and stuff displaying the time in key cities througout the world. It wouldn't be useful in any meaningful way, but since we are playing people throughout the world, it might be nice to know what time it is there. It would also look cool. With analog clocks across the top......yea
Corporal 1st Class Banana Stomper

Postby Tr0y on Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:51 am

I would like a server time displayed somewhere on the page... it could be hidden in the source for all I care... That way I can sync client time with server time... :roll:
Corporal Tr0y

active clock

Postby corner G on Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:42 pm

I think we should have a clock runnig somewhere to the left of the screen for refrence, like, saying to play real time at 3 pm or to know exactly how old a post is.
Cynthia wrote:
Hitman079 wrote:i wonder when I'LL get quoted *sniffle* :cry:

same here :cry:
Corporal corner G

Universal clock

Postby Aussie on Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:59 pm

Yes, definitely. I have trouble figuring out when a move was played. Where is your server located anyway? I am in New York- you seem to be about 6 hours ahead of me, correct?
New Recruit Aussie

Postby notkin on Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:39 pm

I believe it is possible for the site to allow us to set our clocks so that if it is 3 here then we can make the site clock say 3 for us and so everything is relative to your timezone.

Personally I like my idea better (biased perchance?) but if it is not possible I am all for yours.
Cadet notkin

Postby shaddowfire on Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:12 am

I don't think it is necessary. It is just one more thing that would run on the server. Each one of us has a clock on our computers, and each one of us can change the time displayed in the game log/chat to our own time zone. If you are trying to communicate across time zones, either A look up the difference, or B just tell time by sayin, "I'll be back in 5 hrs." and like that
Blades will bleed. Shields will shatter. But as the light fades, will the hero rise again or will darkness reign?

~Twilight Princess
Lieutenant shaddowfire

Create "CC Time" to avoid time confusion *Done*

Postby sully800 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:37 pm

Create a single "Conquer Club Time" that would be visible on every page of the website to avoid confusion in announcements (such as the duration of a special event, or the exact occurrence of planned down time)
  • It's nice that users can set their own time for the forums, but for everyone who is not on EST, conversion can be a pain. Especially when you consider things like Daylight Savings, which happens this weekend.
  • There is unused space in the medium green bar that has "Home, Instructions, Scoreboard" etc. This would be a perfect place to put in a clock that could be seen anywhere on the site.
  • Main benefit - it would limit confusion and make things easier for everyone!
Major sully800

Re: Create "CC Time" to avoid time confusion

Postby frankiebee on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:54 pm

Hm, just build in a clock with the Eastern USA Time, (or the time that is used for most events.) And use that time for all announcements from the staff.

Why should we call it 'CC time' 8-[ ?
Colonel frankiebee

Postby jesusfreak16 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:49 pm

sully800 wrote:Create a single "Conquer Club Time" that would be visible on every page of the website to avoid confusion in announcements (such as the duration of a special event, or the exact occurrence of planned down time)
  • It's nice that users can set their own time for the forums, but for everyone who is not on EST, conversion can be a pain. Especially when you consider things like Daylight Savings, which happens this weekend.
  • There is unused space in the medium green bar that has "Home, Instructions, Scoreboard" etc. This would be a perfect place to put in a clock that could be seen anywhere on the site.

Great idea!!
Captain jesusfreak16

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:51 pm

sully800 wrote:Create a single "Conquer Club Time" that would be visible on every page of the website to avoid confusion in announcements (such as the duration of a special event, or the exact occurrence of planned down time)

Yea, I remember when I played one this one website (http://www.hattrick.org) they had a central clock based around the British time or something. It'd make EVERYTHING a lot easier.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:03 pm

Something like this may be a component of the larger re-design that will be happening (and that is currently going on). But even sooner than that would definitely be beneficial as well.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:00 pm

I second this Sully suggestion! My timezone has been off ever since I joined. I can't ever figure out when someone else is going to be online to play speed doubles and such.

Some kind of standard clock time on EVERYTHING would be a great way to be able to tell someone else....hey, let's meet for speed doubles at 12:34 ConquerClub Time! Instead of trying to add and subtract and everything else.
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:16 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Something like this may be a component of the larger re-design that will be happening (and that is currently going on). But even sooner than that would definitely be beneficial as well.

--Andy

Bump.

I think this would be a really big improvement to the site with only a little amount of coding required, and we should give it a shot in the new suggestion-system.

I mean, Idk much about coding stuff into a website, but I'd think that it'd be easy just to place a generic clock on the top right of the screen.

Andy alluded to a "re-design", but that was a few months ago. Is that "re-design" still happening?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:40 am

When we do events, or lack has an alert (like he did for this past schedule server maintenace), Lack will test using a link to a Time converter. If this seems to alleviate the issue, we'll keep with that.

If it doesn't, we may look into an official CC time hosted somewhere on the site.

--Andy

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:49 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:When we do events, or lack has an alert (like he did for this past schedule server maintenace), Lack will test using a link to a Time converter. If this seems to alleviate the issue, we'll keep with that.

If it doesn't, we may look into an official CC time hosted somewhere on the site.

--Andy

Yea, I noticed that because I didn't really know why the "5:00 CST" was a link.

Not many people (like I did) KNOW it was a link to a time converter, and I just think a CC clock would be a lot of help with only a little amount of work.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby alex951 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:56 pm

Great idea sully this would make organization eazy
Corporal alex951

Postby lackattack on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:18 am

We are now using CC Time on announcements and events:

Conquer Club will be shut down for a server upgrade around 6:30am CC Time for 30 minutes. Please avoid taking turns or playing speed games around that time.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Ace Rimmer on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:26 am

Unfortunately most people can't seem to understand how to use the worldclock website to convert from UTC to their timezone (as seen by the number of questions about the time starts for the Trivia Contest in live chat). A clock showing CC time or UTC or something may make it easier, but it will still require math, the same as the links that are posted to the worldclock website.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:55 am

jakewilliams wrote:Unfortunately most people can't seem to understand how to use the worldclock website to convert from UTC to their timezone (as seen by the number of questions about the time starts for the Trivia Contest in live chat). A clock showing CC time or UTC or something may make it easier, but it will still require math, the same as the links that are posted to the worldclock website.

A little digital 24-hour timeclock at the top of the page beside CC would be handy. Calling it CC time avoids disgruntled feelings about whose timezone got used. The only math it would require is figuring out the difference between what the site clock said now to the time they're supposed to be there.

Even those who say they understand UTC time got it wrong. Based on what some mods told me in Live Chat, yesterday's trivia should have been at 12:30 by my clock; but it wasn't until 4:30.

I might understand how to use a worldclock website, but I first need to understand how to get to a worldclock website.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:59 am

I know I'd definitely like to see a CC Time Clock somewhere on the website. It'd be handy not only for Events and Celebrations, but telling your partner to meet you online at 14:00 CC Time---or setting up some speed games with a friend at 23:00 CC Time.

--Andy

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:06 pm

And imagine how quick the coding would be. We definitely need this.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby ChewyBlu3y on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:05 am

So let me get this straight, CC time =Eastern [USA] time?
Sergeant 1st Class ChewyBlu3y

Postby perchorin on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:12 am

Take it from someone who lives in South Korea, this would be the best thing ever, please make it happen soon guys!
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:52 pm

perchorin wrote:Take it from someone who lives in South Korea, this would be the best thing ever, please make it happen soon guys!

Yeah, I really do empathize for all of our Eastern Hemisphere players in general. It must really be bumming to have to work out the time =[
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions