Conquer Club

Eliminate foe list for Battle Royales

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Eliminate foe list for Battle Royales

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:24 pm

wrestler1ump wrote:
Ditocoaf wrote:While the foe list is intended to be, and usually is, a way to fend off unacceptable players... it isn't always that way. The foe list is easily, and occasionally, used as a sort of weapon. Also, there exist overly-sensitive players, with a itchy finger on the foe button. I do not think I am on any foe lists (except Klobber's), but this is still a real issue.

Can you imagine what would happen if Klobber joined a BR? Sure, the "game would still fill up quickly"... but half the site's active membership would be banned from the game.

The problem with the foe list is that it doesn't only keep people away from YOU, it affects every game you join. So if you have a personal issue, it intrudes into the play experience of unrelated third parties. The first, simplest step to fixing this would be to lift Foe list restrictions from BRs.

I would recommend allowing people to join games with their foes in them. However every time someone has a foe join a game they are in, they should get a Private message stating that this person has joined their game, and give them the chance to drop out of the game. This prevents abuse.

Except, that only works if the foe is not the last person to join.

I think the already suggested idea that if you put someone on your foe list, you cannot join their games (in addition to them not being able to join yours). AND the suggestion to allow people to create games where foe lists are ignored are both much better ideas.

I already said that ignoring foe lists for both Battle Royales and Tournaments would help, as D. said, otherwise someone can keep you out just because they think you might win, rather than because you have been a jerk.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby KoE_Sirius on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Similar suggestions are all over the forums.Basically what we need is an option to allow players in certain games.Be it Battle Royal ,Tourney games or Freestyle Speed..If the option is there people are not forced to use it and wouldn't be pressured into doing so..Its simply unreasonable to not allow this and disagree with an idea that is or could be in this case ,a game "option" .
Highest Rank 4th.
Major KoE_Sirius

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:27 pm

It could be an option for tournament creators, perhaps. Battles Royale, I believe are from Admin.

However, when I look at tournament postings, most directors say they won't pay attention to foe lists ... its just that now, the person has to be asked to remove their foe. And, if there was a legitimate issue, remember to put them back. Also, they might end up having to play with them while the tournament is going on or risk not seeing important chat.. .since chat is blanked for foes.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:25 pm

i sort of agree but the foes i have on my list are cause they are downright jerks
however i know im on a few foe lists. jr24, xtratabasco for some because i play freestyle team games.
id be pissed if i missed out. im sure they would be decent enuyf to take me off for the br but yer
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Foe list doesn't count during BRs

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:07 pm

Concise description:
  • get rid of the effect of foe lists for Battle Royales

Specifics:
  • in games with so many players, people are being left out because just one person has them foed in the game. It happened in the British Isles BR when DomQuebec (grr) had so many people foed that it left a ton of people out until he got rid of them all. To see that: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73812&start=225
    Go to Night Strike's post and down ā€” you'll see DomQuebec keeping at least a dozen people out to "prove a point"

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • see specifics

[EDITED FOR WORD ERROR]
Last edited by the.killing.44 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Re: Foe list doesn't count during BRs

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Originally this was planned, but due to Lack's vacation, he forgot to set it up I believe. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Foe list doesn't count during BRs

Postby sully800 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:22 pm

This isn't a huge deal with the speed BR's because so many were created that you can probably find a game without your foes. But for the standard BR's, which are much more rare, this would be very nice in the future. :)
Major sully800

PLEASE... Before January 2nd

Postby The Neon Peon on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Concise description:
  • Eliminate foe list for battle royals.

Specifics:
  • You should be able to join a battle royal even if someone already in it has you on foe.

• The top 50% of CC's scoreboard would be able to join them even if someone like KLOBBER joins it.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Re: PLEASE... Before January 2nd

Postby hwhrhett on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:39 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:Concise description:
  • Eliminate foe list for battle royals.

Specifics:
  • You should be able to join a battle royal even if someone already in it has you on foe.

• The top 50% of CC's scoreboard would be able to join them even if someone like KLOBBER joins it.

in almost every past battle royale ive had to have someone remove me from their ignore or have me remove them from ignore so they can get in, its never been a problem for me... they typically take a lil bit of time to fill, and its not that rough.....

but... if its not too hard on the coding and they do actually do this(i dont think they will but...) then they should do it for tournament games too...
Cook hwhrhett

Postby colton24 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Please do this. I have the feeling I will be put on everyone's foe list that day if this doesn't happen
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby ljex on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:16 pm

How often do they have battle royals.
Captain ljex

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:20 pm

ljex wrote:How often do they have battle royals.

Once a year.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Wait. What if I foe everybody on the site and I join it?

Would I auto-win?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby azezzo on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:20 pm

no the game wouldnt fill and they would wind up cancelling the game
Captain azezzo

Postby zimmah on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:52 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Wait. What if I foe everybody on the site and I join it?

Would I auto-win?

good luck foeing 381.000 members, better start today if you want to be ready for the batle royal.

and besides, you won't get any points if you're the only one in the game, even if you'd autowin, and even if the game doesn't get cancelled, or, well you get the point.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby lackattack on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:08 pm

Since a Battle Royale is a tournament and the foe list no longer applies to tournaments, this suggestion can be considered implemented.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby stahrgazer on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:28 am

wrestler1ump wrote:I would recommend allowing people to join games with their foes in them. However every time someone has a foe join a game they are in, they should get a Private message stating that this person has joined their game, and give them the chance to drop out of the game. This prevents abuse.

Including this part?
Sergeant stahrgazer

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions