Conquer Club

Manual Deploy-Missed Turn/Disconnect Auto-deploy

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Manual Deploy-Missed Turn/Disconnect Auto-deploy

Postby Theldin on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Concise description:
  • In Manual deployment games, if there is a missed deployment turn, or a player times out during deployment(disconnects after starting turn), the deployment troops should auto-deploy evenly among the territories, like they are deployed on automatic games. It creates a very large penalty for someone who misses that 1 specific turn, and there is no ability to have 'defered' troops on that turn due to the strategy aspect.

Specifics:
  • On Manual deploy games, if you miss the initial turn, or you start the turn, and run out of time...the initial troops are lost, and you can not 'defer' them, which is understandable due to someone abusing placement. But instead of the troops being completely lost, (unlike defered troops), the game should auto-deploy the troops evenly among your territories, as if it was an automatic game.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Will balance a missed initial turn in Manual games just like 'deferred' troops do all games.
Last edited by Theldin on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 1st Class Theldin

Re: Manual Deploy-Missed Turn/Disconnect Auto-deploy

Postby Nick19 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:15 pm

The reason behind defered troops during a game is to get the player back to playing the game.
If the defered troop rule was not present, more players would drop out of games after missing a
turn. The same logic needs to be applied to this situation. Taking the troops away when a player
messes-up the deployment does not encourage that player (or his team-mates) to continue the game.

I see 2 ways to resolve the deployment problem
- auto deployment since it does not give any advantage to the player
- rejecting the whole turn and making the player deploy again

Am I missing something? Is there a good reason for taking the armies away from a player just
because the deployment process didn't go right?
Major Nick19

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:58 pm

I might be mistaken, but I thought that if you miss the deployment turn, it does 'auto-deploy' around the other territories...
Sergeant 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby fumandomuerte on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:09 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:I might be mistaken, but I thought that if you miss the deployment turn, it does 'auto-deploy' around the other territories...

I believe that's the way it works too.
Thanks to the CC staff for the perma-ban on ۩░▒▓₪№™℮₪▓▒░۩!
Captain fumandomuerte

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:19 am

!! it appears that the original wrinter states that if you do TAKE your turn, but fail to finish PLACING all your troops BEFORE the time runs out, your unplaced troops will have vanished.

I have no oppion wether this is bad or good, but i do think that should this happen because of a website malfunction, you should send in an e-ticket to have the game cancelled
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Return to Archived Suggestions