Conquer Club

Don´t take old Feedback away. *Done*

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Don´t take old Feedback away. *Done*

Postby gundiesalvo on Thu May 13, 2010 9:10 am

Don´t remove the old Feedback entries, please bring them back

Specifics:
  • I don´t know about others, but I liked the old feedback system where you got actual verbal comments from people you played with, and when that was substituted by rating, I thought "ok, this is a more measureable system, that´s good, as long as there´s still record of the comments left on the old system", however I just noticed it disapeared! and it must´ve been recently, because that is something I do check in a regular basis, like if I´m about to play with someone I´ve never played before, besides their rating I also check feedback, sure, more often than not they won´t have any since they will have joined the site after Ratings were installed, but some do have feedback and it´s VERY useful.
  • Actually, I had always hoped the feedback system would come back in some way, maybe after playing against someone more than 3 or 4 times you´d be given the choice to give them a verbal feedback or something like that, because even when Ratings are a good measuring system, they´re not always used properly, some people just give hundreds of 5-star ratings to gather that gold medal, some use them to retaliate after losing a game and so on, and in the end, I know I get a lot more information after looking at a player´s feedback (for those who have them) than their ratings.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Old players like myself won´t feel like we´ve just lost something.
  • It would give people better information about players that have feedback
  • If the Feedback system was reinstated with the limitation of having to play a certain player 3 times before being able to give them a written feedback it would give a lot more informations on players and help people avoid players they probably wouldn´t enjoy playing with.
Corporal gundiesalvo

Re: Don´t take old Feedback away.

Postby Masli on Thu May 13, 2010 9:13 am

the feedback is still there, click on your ratings and you will see a link for the feedback
Colonel Masli

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu May 13, 2010 1:45 pm

Right, the old feedback is still there. For instance, on your profile page, if you click on "View Ratings" you will be taken to the current ratings page. http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... undiesalvo

From there if the user has "feedback" from the old system, you can click on the prompt link right above the totals summary. http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... undiesalvo

Voila!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby gundiesalvo on Thu May 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Ah, found it!!!
Such an inconspicuous location :s
Well, Mods feel free to dump this topic, I´ll make a new one regarding my interest in bringing back a written feedback system on a different topic.
Corporal gundiesalvo

Return to Archived Suggestions