Conquer Club

Make your battle screen customisable

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Make your battle screen customisable

Postby Halmir on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:56 pm

Concise description:
  • We're all used to the standard set up. The big Menus list on the left, map in the middle, some infor on the right, more info underneath, then the actual attack or reinforce bit under that. I don't know about you but I find this frustrating

Specifics/Details:
  • Let's make each section either moveable or minimisable (if there is such a word!). I for one would minimise the Menus bar on the left during gameplay - why do u need it - and make it such that if u float ur mouse over a button on the toolbar up above it appears, otherwise it's taking up valuable screen space
  • EVERY attack I make, I have to mouse wheel up to look at the map, mouse wheel down to pick the Attack to and From, then often mouse wheel back up again to double check, then mouse wheel back down again, to hit attack. I then have to repeat to check the outcomes. This is SOOOOO annoying. If I could drag the Attack section above the map, I'd have probably three quarters of the map visible at all times so all this stuffing about would be greatly reduced. Man, would the gaming experience improve with a step change!!!

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • greatly enhanced player freedom and enjoyment through elimination of huge amounts of wasted effort
  • makes each turn quicker to take - vital on a Speed game
Sergeant 1st Class Halmir

Re: Make your battle screen customisable

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:33 am

I must confess, I have the same problem. I have a look at the map, then have to scroll down to the buttons below. Even when using Clickable Maps, I still have to scroll back up after every assault to see the map properly. Hmmmm.

Cheers, JB ;)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby ds twister on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:08 am

does CC have clickable maps for play?
Cook ds twister

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:19 am

You can download it as a script for Firefox and such, but it's been hinted that eventually it's going to be worked into the site itself.

I uninstalled them because, though they were nice to have, I didn't really need them and they seemed to slow down my computer.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Halmir on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:21 am

JoshyBoy wrote:I must confess, I have the same problem. I have a look at the map, then have to scroll down to the buttons below. Even when using Clickable Maps, I still have to scroll back up after every assault to see the map properly. Hmmmm.

Cheers, JB ;)

LOL I bet you've noticed this on every single game you've played since reading this post? :D
Sergeant 1st Class Halmir

Postby JamesKer1 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:18 am

IMPLEMENTED as part of the new panel interface options.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Return to Suggestions