Conquer Club

[GF] Multiple game creation/ Game Generator

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: [GF] Multiple game creation/ Game Generator

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Robespierre__ wrote:I would like to request the perhaps unwanted power for TOs to be able to create games from a .csv file or something like that. For someone who runs a large tournament, to be able to generate all of the necessary info and then mass create the games would be a godsend. Since my tourney (NCAAs) allows people to play on home maps, it means every matchup has unique game settings. I autogenerate a spreadsheet of the info necessary to create games for my assistant TOs using google sheet and a bunch of formulas, but it would (a) reduce mistakes and (b) eliminate the need for SO MANY TOs to make the process of running the tournament much more manageable.

I don't believe this functionality should be available to anyone but TOs since no one needs to create so many games at a time but us.

You can't believe how much better it would be if chapcrap, DaveH, etal could use this functionality.

Robes

This plus 100. Importing of XML would be fine too, easy enough to convert csv or xls to xml. If we could import all settings and player invites via XML, I bet there would be a lot more tournaments being ran. And let's be honest, it is either tournaments or it is clans [or both] that keep the vast majority of people around.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Re: [GF] Multiple game creation/ Game Generator

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Robespierre, I really do like your suggestion and think that it'd be useful, however, the basic idea of multiple game creation has been implemented, so I'd like to move this thread to implemented. Could you start a separate suggestion for, specifically, ways to allow members to make multiple games in that regard? Since that would be a continuation of this suggestion, I will move it to submitted if you would be so kind to create it in the main :).

Moved to IMPLEMENTED. [MOD EDIT: Come on RDS, get excited! --agentcom]

viewtopic.php?f=700&t=195563#p4278168

BMO
Last edited by agentcom on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed unnecessary lack of enthusiasm in post. User has been warned.
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions