Conquer Club

[Forum] Strikethrough/Spoiler Buttons

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: [Forum] Strikethrough/Spoiler Buttons

Postby agentcom on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:34 am

chapcrap wrote:
agentcom wrote:Bad news. I just heard from rds that the order of the buttons is decided by the forum software, and we'd have to modify it to fix it. Given that this is a low priority, don't expect it anytime soon :(

That doesn't seem like it should be the case to me. When quote was added it went right after underline... If it is the case, why would someone add all the of the new things we just added at the end? I think there is more to it... And strikethrough should be moved, IMO.

What I meant was (according to my understanding) the forum software has a set order that it displays the buttons in. The admin can turn on and off various buttons, but they will appear in the order that is decided by the makers of the forum software. Think of it less like "Quote" was added and more like it was turned on. When it was turned on, it went to the location that it was set to by the forum software engineers: between underline and code.

So, it's not that strike was added to the end. It was turned on, and it's set position is after all the other stuff that has been turned on in this forum. Does that make more sense?
Colonel agentcom

Postby macbone on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:46 am

Eh, it's all good. It's just nice to have it as an option.
Colonel macbone

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:12 am

agentcom wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
agentcom wrote:Bad news. I just heard from rds that the order of the buttons is decided by the forum software, and we'd have to modify it to fix it. Given that this is a low priority, don't expect it anytime soon :(

That doesn't seem like it should be the case to me. When quote was added it went right after underline... If it is the case, why would someone add all the of the new things we just added at the end? I think there is more to it... And strikethrough should be moved, IMO.

What I meant was (according to my understanding) the forum software has a set order that it displays the buttons in. The admin can turn on and off various buttons, but they will appear in the order that is decided by the makers of the forum software. Think of it less like "Quote" was added and more like it was turned on. When it was turned on, it went to the location that it was set to by the forum software engineers: between underline and code.

So, it's not that strike was added to the end. It was turned on, and it's set position is after all the other stuff that has been turned on in this forum. Does that make more sense?

And I didn't even notice! Whoooopeeee!

:D :D :D
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions