5 minutes
77%
Other (Post your thoughts)
No votes

Total votes : 22

[Invites] Inviting players to speedgames

Postby karelpietertje on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:50 am

Concise description:
  • Make it possible to reserve spots for other people in speedgames as well, instead of just for casual games.

Specifics:
  • The reason this has probably not been done initially, is that the 24 hour reserve will totally be fucked up when the invited person is not online. This however can be prevented using a 5 minute reservation.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • In speedgames more even than in casual games, I have sometimes trouble with people wanting to join in my team when my real teammates haven't joined yet.
  • Especially when joining a triples or quadruples speedgame, you can get the problem of people who you don't want to play with joining with you and your team. If however I would be able to reserve spots, I would join the trip, invite my partners, and they only join when everybody has been invited. So either we join the game like we should, or a wrong person joins before I sent out all of the invites, which means no harm done, we just drop again.
Major karelpietertje

Re: Inviting players to speedgames

Postby 72o on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:04 am

I agree with your suggestion, but I'd also like to recommend that you make private speed games if you know who you want to play with. This could be done in conjunction with the invites so that you don't have to drop like you mentioned in your last bullet point.

Inviting into speed games will save me the trouble of PMing, or posting wall comments, to get people to join my private speed games, but 99% of my speed games are public anyway, so it won't tremendously affect me personally, but I think it would be good for the site in general.
Sergeant 72o

Postby BoganGod on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:26 am

72o wrote:I agree with your suggestion, but I'd also like to recommend that you make private speed games if you know who you want to play with. This could be done in conjunction with the invites so that you don't have to drop like you mentioned in your last bullet point.

Inviting into speed games will save me the trouble of PMing, or posting wall comments, to get people to join my private speed games, but 99% of my speed games are public anyway, so it won't tremendously affect me personally, but I think it would be good for the site in general.

You are missing the point a little with your suggestion. When you play speed team games, you want to play with those you know on your team. You don't want to have to fart arse around inviting people etc, often people play speed for unique defeats towards team medals and speed medals, so private speed games, means you would be playing against those you have played before most of the time. Gets boring playing the same people.

Great idea to set up invites to speed games =D> =D> I hope the CC gods can make it happen.
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby 72o on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:39 pm

BoganGod wrote:
72o wrote:I agree with your suggestion, but I'd also like to recommend that you make private speed games if you know who you want to play with. This could be done in conjunction with the invites so that you don't have to drop like you mentioned in your last bullet point.

You are missing the point a little with your suggestion. When you play speed team games, you want to play with those you know on your team. You don't want to have to fart arse around inviting people etc, often people play speed for unique defeats towards team medals and speed medals, so private speed games, means you would be playing against those you have played before most of the time. Gets boring playing the same people.

Great idea to set up invites to speed games =D> =D> I hope the CC gods can make it happen.

Ah, I see your point. That makes sense, and makes my suggestion useless. Karel's suggestion, however, is still valid and I support it.
Sergeant 72o

Postby KraphtOne on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:10 am

Absolutely...

Not So Much For Creating A Teams Game...

But I See Doubles Freestyles Opened Up And It Would Be Nice To Join And Invite A Pard Rather Than Having To Say "Alright At Exactly 4:05 Pm Join The Game So Nobody Jumps In"

I Could Just Invite Or Even Let The Other Team Know To Invite My Pard And Myself And Have The Game Reserved...
Major KraphtOne

Postby karelpietertje on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:44 pm

KraphtOne wrote:Absolutely...

Not So Much For Creating A Teams Game...

But I See Doubles Freestyles Opened Up And It Would Be Nice To Join And Invite A Pard Rather Than Having To Say "Alright At Exactly 4:05 Pm Join The Game So Nobody Jumps In"

I Could Just Invite Or Even Let The Other Team Know To Invite My Pard And Myself And Have The Game Reserved...

precisely!
Major karelpietertje

invite players to a speed game

Postby eddie2 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:57 pm

hi just wondering why you can not invite players to speed games. think this would be a good idea if you could as it will stop you getting stuck with players you dont want in double speed matchs.
Lieutenant eddie2

Re: invite players to a speed game

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:22 pm

I assume it's because people don't want to wait around for your invited player to show up. They create speed games to play now.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby darth emperor on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:58 pm

and you can always make it private :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby eddie2 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:26 am

no what i am meaning you usually play speed doubles when someone you play with is online so if there is a doubles game on in speed you join and somtimes somone else clicks at same time so your doubles partner misses even if they could code a five min sign up for it. this would make it easier
Lieutenant eddie2

invatation for speed game

Postby Prince_Tottenham on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:41 am

Concise description:
Able to send invitation for speed game, while Casual (24 hours) game needs 24 hours for the invited player to accept/decline the invitiation, i think it's fair to say 5 mins mixmum to decided for the invitation ?

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
to help people get their their team-mates whatever 1v1 or 2v2 without forced player ..
Major Prince_Tottenham

Re: invatation for speed game

Postby Darwins_Bane on Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:37 pm

my question is how many ppl will this actually affect? I know that lack likes to work on updates that influence a lot of people at once. Does anyone have any statistics on this?
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ‹Khan22› wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ‹TheForgivenOne› No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby Prince_Tottenham on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:44 am

don't know mate, but what about making an annoucement for POLL about this one ?

i think it's very important :lol:
Major Prince_Tottenham

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:39 am

I don't see a need for a poll yet. If no support is shown, I don't see a reason for a poll.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ljex on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:15 pm

i fully support this...cant see any downside as long as you make a rule against invite spam
Captain ljex

Postby Night Strike on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 pm

This suggestion has already been requested for Speed Tournaments. My guess is that if it's successful there and doesn't cause too many site issues, it could be expanded for general use.
Major Night Strike

Postby greenoaks on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:24 pm

can you send an invite for private speed games ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:02 pm

I assume we wouldn't be able to invite freems?
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Night Strike on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:25 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:I assume we wouldn't be able to invite freems?

Considering freemiums can't play speed games...........
Major Night Strike

Postby greenoaks on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:33 am

Night Strike wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:I assume we wouldn't be able to invite freems?

Considering freemiums can't play speed games...........

but if they are invited they may be able to .....
Sergeant greenoaks

Speed turn invitations

Postby Ninja Champion on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:08 pm

If possible be able to invite players to speed game, saves the hassles of remaking games, having to wall/pm players to drop from your team, etc.
General Ninja Champion

Re: Speed turn invitations

Postby InnyaFacce on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:55 pm

I Agree 100%
Im Surprised This Is Not An Option Already
DAS SCHLOß DOUBLES F/S 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Postby slickstick on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:50 am

Agreed
Sergeant 1st Class slickstick

Postby HippieBroker on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:55 am

100% agreed.
I don't do many speed games anymore. such a hassle to wall post the guy only to have someone beat him/her into the game, then you have to pm the other person and say SORRY...can you drop please?? or set up another game.

For a lazy guy like me it sure seems like a lot of work!!!!!! :D

Good call Ninja!
Colonel HippieBroker

Postby Commander9 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:58 am

Seconding everything written in this thread.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions