Facebook connect

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Facebook connect

Postby gimil on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:20 am

Concise description:
  • Introduce Facebook connect as a way for new players to sign up

Specifics/Details:
  • Facebook connect allows people to sign up for websites quickly by pulling their sign up information from Facebook (name, email address etc). This makes signing up for a website as quick as the clik of a button (or two).

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will possibly increase the sign up rate of new players to conquer club.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Re: Facebook connect

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Oo! I think that could be cool.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby chapcrap on Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:12 am

Since this is an amazing idea, I'm bumping it hardcore. If CC is going to use social media, then it needs to fully immerse itself. Perhaps a new mod position is to be made. I know that Twitter is already used sparingly, but actually being active on Facebook and making it easier for people to sign up through the use of social media is a huge step in attracting more clientele. Perhaps even a way to play CC through Facebook as a proxy? I know Facebook has many games available on it for play. If this were an option, massive amounts of people would be reached. MASSIVE AMOUNTS!! (OMG, he used caps, he must be serious!) :D
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:03 pm

The Voice (ha) and squishyg are "Social Media mods" under the umbrella of the "Entertainment Team".

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby chapcrap on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:The Voice (ha) and squishyg are "Social Media mods" under the umbrella of the "Entertainment Team".

-Sully

Could they facilitate these Facebook requests or does Tech Team need to be involved too?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby blakebowling on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:07 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:The Voice (ha) and squishyg are "Social Media mods" under the umbrella of the "Entertainment Team".

-Sully

Could they facilitate these Facebook requests or does Tech Team need to be involved too?

Actually lack would have to code it into the site (as he is the only one that has access).
Private blakebowling

Postby MasterX1111 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:53 pm

people need to check out the app "conqueror" (risk on facebook) on facebook. There used to be an app called "attack" which was slightly better but that one doesn't exist anymore. If cc could be simplified to the standards of "conqueror" it would definitely be some competition, especially if it was integrated with fb
Corporal MasterX1111

Postby MasterX1111 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Also a phone app would be amazing! everyone could be notified easier, turns taken faster, gameplay would be expedited, and a computer is too bulky to carry everywhere, and a phone is just more convenient. I play plenty of games on my phone I actually have a risk app (landrule) on my phone but i dont like it too much because it offers some slightly different options of gameplay but its not true to the original game. Integrate facebook, phone, and cc! I have a totally diffferent game that did it perfectly "words with friends" (scrabble), phone, fb, and the app. I would definitely get rid of "landrule" and play this on my phone!
Corporal MasterX1111

Postby chapcrap on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:12 pm

MasterX1111 wrote:Also a phone app would be amazing! everyone could be notified easier, turns taken faster, gameplay would be expedited, and a computer is too bulky to carry everywhere, and a phone is just more convenient. I play plenty of games on my phone I actually have a risk app (landrule) on my phone but i dont like it too much because it offers some slightly different options of gameplay but its not true to the original game. Integrate facebook, phone, and cc! I have a totally diffferent game that did it perfectly "words with friends" (scrabble), phone, fb, and the app. I would definitely get rid of "landrule" and play this on my phone!

YES!! Words with friends does do it well. You get a notification when it's your turn. It's great! It's not really my favorite game of all time, but their setup is good.

Also, I'm gonna check out that FB game...conqueror.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby MasterX1111 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:57 pm

told ya lol. how did you like conqueror? simple isn't it? where to reinforce, click, how many click, where to attack from, click, where to, click, if you wanna go on a rampage, click, wanna stop click, how many to units to move click, shooooot wanna join a friend jjust click. everything is so simple, just a click! if "conqueror's" simplicity was brought over to cc you would eliminate a lot of scrolling, a lot of wasted time, a lot of thinking, a lot of mistakes. its so simple to understand im not saying cc is bad or hard to understand, but you have to agree conqueror is easier to play/understand. Anyone can learn the gameplay system withing in a min. No need to scroll down n up every single time you are trying to make a decision. I love the variety and options from cc but i love the simplicity from conqueror.I hate to admit it but i like playing conqueror more just because of the simplicity factor. Simple = more fun = more fans = better game

theres a reason why i said simple so many times lol
Corporal MasterX1111

Postby natty dread on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:20 am

This is a horrible idea. Facebook connect is the plague of the internet.

Facebook isn't exactly known for it's huge security or respect towards user privacy, and when someone gains access to your FB account they can immediately log on to any sites you use FB connect with. It's a recipe for disaster.

With CC having problems with account security as it is (ie. account sharing, sitting), I really don't think it's a good idea to introduce another security flaw on the site.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Criticalwinner on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:13 pm

natty dread wrote:This is a horrible idea. Facebook connect is the plague of the internet.

Hooray! The internet hipster himself graces our presence.

On a different note, this would only just help expand the CC cause. Great idea!
Sergeant 1st Class Criticalwinner

Postby bedub1 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:46 pm

natty dread wrote:This is a horrible idea. Facebook connect is the plague of the internet.

Facebook isn't exactly known for it's huge security or respect towards user privacy, and when someone gains access to your FB account they can immediately log on to any sites you use FB connect with. It's a recipe for disaster.

With CC having problems with account security as it is (ie. account sharing, sitting), I really don't think it's a good idea to introduce another security flaw on the site.

I couldn't agree more. In fact, I think everybody needs to do this:
"Block Sites from Using Your Facebook Login with Adblock Plus"
http://lifehacker.com/5542041/block-sit ... block-plus

This can be used to prevent Facebook from following you absolutely EVERYWHERE you go.
Colonel bedub1

Postby natty dread on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Thanks for the link bedub.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby QoH on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Also, FB tip. Go to your privacy settings and set it up so that you have "recognized" devices. If you try to access your account form some place other than that device, you'll have to enter a code sent to your phone. Under your privacy settings as well, you can see where you have active sessions opened in. Apparently someone was using my account in Illinois...
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby spiesr on Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:38 pm

IMPLEMENTED it seems.
Captain spiesr

Postby codierose on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:29 pm

sad fucks be using twatter to sign in next
Lieutenant codierose

Postby Agent 86 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:53 pm

* FAIL *
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Return to Archived Suggestions