Conquer Club

Change a Vote

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Change a Vote

Postby nicestash on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:38 pm

Concise description: Change a vote

Specifics/Details: Allow players to change a vote in a poll from 1 option to another. Also allow players to just withdraw a vote

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments
Earlier today, I voted on the Beta map medal suggestion thread. At the time, it seemed reasonable that the medal should be awarded for number of opponents defeated, however after reading several very good arguments, I changed my mind and went to vote for the option that the medal should be awarded for the number of games won. Unfortunately, I realized that I couldn't change my vote. I think the ability to change one's vote is very important especially in the suggestions forum. I try to keep an open mind when reading the forums as I find other people generally have some very good insights, and I believe the flexibility to change one's vote would help turn threads more into a discussion than a debate.

P.S. I would make a poll to gauge people's opinions on this topic, but that might not work well :twisted:
Captain nicestash

Re: Change a Vote

Postby blakebowling on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:50 am

nicestash wrote:Concise description: Change a vote

Specifics/Details: Allow players to change a vote in a poll from 1 option to another. Also allow players to just withdraw a vote

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments
Earlier today, I voted on the Beta map medal suggestion thread. At the time, it seemed reasonable that the medal should be awarded for number of opponents defeated, however after reading several very good arguments, I changed my mind and went to vote for the option that the medal should be awarded for the number of games won. Unfortunately, I realized that I couldn't change my vote. I think the ability to change one's vote is very important especially in the suggestions forum. I try to keep an open mind when reading the forums as I find other people generally have some very good insights, and I believe the flexibility to change one's vote would help turn threads more into a discussion than a debate.

P.S. I would make a poll to gauge people's opinions on this topic, but that might not work well :twisted:

This is an option that the OP has when creating a poll.
Private blakebowling

Postby nicestash on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:49 am

:oops: In that case, you can delete this thread
Captain nicestash

Postby chapcrap on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:52 pm

MOVED to Implemented because this can already be done. :)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Archived Suggestions