Suggestion: Rematch option

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Suggestion: Rematch option

Postby The Return Ilo on Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:05 am

bob72 wrote:Concise description:
  • Basically a button where you can replay the finished map with same settings

Specifics/Details:
  • The rematch button could be used by any of the players and it would automatically set up the game again and invite all the previous players

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Makes it easier to replay games
  • Creates friendships and more community as revenge matches are easier to create
MOD EDIT: Copied the original post with form from a later thread that was merged here.

Don't know how good this is but what about a rematch option, when a game finishes a rematch option is availble to the host, if the host clicks this option it invites the exact same players to play the same game with the same options and if everyone accepts it starts over. Also possible that if rematch was selected the host could change the map or settings and if anyone declines the game is left open for new players to join.

Regards
Last edited by spiesr on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Copied OP with form.
Cook The Return Ilo

Postby Phobia on Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:31 pm

I like this idea, but it would be so much easier for multis just to rematch themselves over and over again, and no one ever noticing in 'join a game' that someone is making these games.
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Rematch button for recently finished games

Postby bob72 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:33 am

Concise description:
  • Basically a button where you can replay the finished map with same settings

Specifics/Details:
  • The rematch button could be used by any of the players and it would automatically set up the game again and invite all the previous players

• Makes it easier to replay games
  • Creates friendships and more community as revenge matches are easier to create
Private 1st Class bob72

Re: Rematch button for recently finished games

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:02 pm

I don't believe it's truly that hard to make a game as it is :-k
Although, this may be really easy to implement if the data for the start a game was stored, but I think that might have a time limit.
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

~Rematch Option~

Postby Donald Fung on Sat May 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Concise description:
  • After a game, each player has the option to declare "rematch". If everyone accepts, all the players will automatically be put in a new game with the same exact settings and map. However, if a player does not accept, then the rematch is canclled.

Specifics/Details:
  • In multiple player games, everyone has to accept the rematch in order for a rematch to take place. If one player declines, the rematch will not take place. Also, the winner is the only one that is unable to declare rematch (to stop point farming by top players on new players on hard maps).

• This would help to develop friendship between players because in CC currently, there is so many players that it's hard to develop loyal friends that you could play with whenever you're bored. I know some people would like to meet new people but I also think developing a small, close community is important and rematch option can reinforce that. It also allows freemium to be able to challenge others which would possibly make them enjoy the game more and possibly buy premium.
Colonel Donald Fung

Re: ~Rematch Option~

Postby firsal901 on Sun May 29, 2011 9:37 pm

hmm.....:-k..
Id like to see this option introduced.
Cook firsal901

Postby TheFissk on Mon May 30, 2011 7:49 am

Donald Fung wrote:Also, the winner is the only one that is unable to declare rematch (to stop point farming by top players on new players on hard maps).

okay if the farmee is stupid enough to accept the rematch is it really farming or just exploitation of the populations retarded?

also i'm not sure how the rematch would be started, would a game be started and the remaining places "reserved" for the rest of the players like an automatic invite sender? in which case how would that effect the freemiums who can't? if it is just stored as info and the rematch started after all accept then it would just take up valuable space, like the mafia thread?

sounds interesting but their are better suggestion waiting to happen.
i'm not lost just exploring alternate destinations

Optimist invented the airplane, pessimists invented the parachute

I'm to good for victory
Private 1st Class TheFissk

Postby Dako on Mon May 30, 2011 8:08 am

I think it can be done as new private game with random password and auto-invite to all other players.
Colonel Dako

Postby greenoaks on Mon May 30, 2011 8:40 am

i manually create new games and send out invites for rematches. sometimes they accept, sometimes they don't. if they don't then someone else fills that slot.

this doesn't add much for me as i'm happy to play again against just one of them. all would be better but as your suggestion doesn't allow a partial rematch i vote 'no'.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon May 30, 2011 6:58 pm

I say this sounds cool. Let's do it! And maybe we can have it so that, if not all players say yes after 24 hrs, that a new rematch starts with all the players who said yes, so that it is a partial rematch.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue May 31, 2011 6:35 pm

greenoaks wrote:i manually create new games and send out invites for rematches. sometimes they accept, sometimes they don't. if they don't then someone else fills that slot.

this doesn't add much for me as i'm happy to play again against just one of them. all would be better but as your suggestion doesn't allow a partial rematch i vote 'no'.

This is not a reason to reject it. If you want a straight rematch with the same players on the same map with the same settings, this works out for you. If you don't want that, just manually create a game. The implementation of this suggestion would just not affect you if you don't want the rematch.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Rematch option.

Postby skychaser on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:41 pm

When you finish a battle you may want revenge. You may even want to play at the same map and with the same persons so your revenge will be complete.
So when you create a game an option Rematch could be available. Rematch lets you recreate a game at any given time so people may join.

My idea is, this is a suboption on the create game. It asks for input, you should input a game number.
After you input a game number, it will check the list of players of that game and the other configurations and copy it. So you may uncheck anyone from the game or use an option to reserve spots.

After it you can submit the created game. The players will get invitation to the game as soon as you create and no further movement is necessary. If you put your name on it you will be joined. Otherwise you will get the game number only.

Only premium players can make it as invitations are not for freemiums. Freemiums can get invited, but cannot invite through this method.

It's nice for tournaments. To make things easy and juicy in no time.

And adding to it. Any finished game could have the option rematch into them. So you can start your game over any given time. This one could be used from fremiums accounts I guess :)

Discuss if plausible.
Colonel skychaser

Re: Suggestion: Rematch option

Postby spiesr on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm

MERGED a few topics with the same idea.

See also these other topics with variations of the rematch idea:
Rematch with opposite drop
SPEED GAME REMATCH BUTTON
Grudge Match
~Rematch Option~
rematch options
Captain spiesr

Postby Donald Fung on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:23 am

Glad to see this implemented when I come back 2 years late :P
Colonel Donald Fung

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:32 am

But in the wrong forum. :o In b4 move to implemented.

...and welcome home soldier! :)
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Suggestion: Rematch option

Postby spiesr on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:53 am

Captain spiesr

Return to Archived Suggestions