Conquer Club

Don't Automatically Delete Clan War / Tournament Games

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Don't Automatically Delete Clan War / Tournament Games

Postby JamesKer1 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:05 pm

Only because of Kenny's circumstance do I finally agree with this. The tournament he was talking about, which I participated in, is incredible- I'm amazed at how he or he and another person can do that much and stay on top of it so well.

For tournaments and clans there needs to be an extension. Or no limit, and someone could clean it out every month, but there would need to be a time stamp of some sort by the game. That might be a little bit of work, so maybe just a 30-60 day limit.

I'm not really seeing the bandwidth argument- the tournament and clan games tabs have a lot less than public, so extending it by a few weeks isn't that much different than an increase in games being created. Besides, What's the difference if most of these games get reopened anyways? Isn't that creating more bandwidth issues by storing data of some sort for the deleted game?
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby blakebowling on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:07 pm

I'd like to weigh in from the technical standpoint.

Private games are currently deleted after 15 days to prevent a pileup of private games. It's not specifically the load on the database that's the issue, but having a lot of private games that aren't going to fill (if you can't fill a private game in 15 days, you probably won't fill it).
Changing the limit for tournament games isn't a large task by any means and I wouldn't mind it being doubled to 30 days. I'm not sure why 6-8 weeks would be needed, as I've never made tournament games that far in advance for any of my tournaments.
Private blakebowling

Postby JamesKer1 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Glad to hear it Blake! 30 sounds reasonable to me.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby kizkiz on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:17 pm

To be fair, kennys tournament is aboutas extreme as you'll ever get, work load wise, so not a situation that is going to occur that often.
however, if not a very hard fix, tourney games getting a bit longer really helps.
I've only run 2 tourneys, but one was quite complicated, and i found it very useful to create games well in advance. I can only imagine someone busier than me doing it over a longer period to make it possible for them to run it
Major kizkiz

Postby stuboy on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:19 pm

kizkiz wrote:To be fair, kennys tournament is aboutas extreme as you'll ever get, work load wise, so not a situation that is going to occur that often.
however, if not a very hard fix, tourney games getting a bit longer really helps.

+1 to this.

I think Kenny's tournament is extreme but when attempting to create 70 different maps, across 4 groups, for 6 players per game (was more in the first round) it just seems bonkers that games can vanish after just 15 days.

I appreciate this won't be an IT priority but considering the small amount of time it would take to implement the change, I'd hope it be something we could see happen fairly soon.
Major stuboy

Postby kmhebert on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:54 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:Only because of Kenny's circumstance do I finally agree with this.

Well now don't I feel like a piece of shit! HA I will tell you this, most problems DON'T seem like a big deal until they happen to you. Food for thought friends.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby JamesKer1 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:31 pm

kmhebert wrote:
JamesKer1 wrote:Only because of Kenny's circumstance do I finally agree with this.

Well now don't I feel like a piece of shit! HA I will tell you this, most problems DON'T seem like a big deal until they happen to you. Food for thought friends.

:oops: Sorry. I've been where you are, lost about 30 games on a tourney in a sweep- however, that still didn't make me feel the need for the change, just that I should haven't have created them as soon without inviting people. A lot of it was my own fault in slacking on invites (I sent them out the day the games were deleted). 16 games, eh, not a ton IMO. 30 isn't really either. But with this tournament... It was on 219 of CC's maps, and three groups of 8 I think receiving invites... I didn't think it could be done originally, but with this setback I actually felt sorry for him. That's all I meant by the comment.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby hopalong on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:45 pm

30 day lifespan for tourney games sounds like a positive step forward.

if it can be done on the technical side, adding in additional considerations and extensions highlighted by kenny (ie if 1 player joins and day 30 is reached, extend by another week), that would be icing on the cake.
Major hopalong

Postby kmhebert on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:51 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:
kmhebert wrote:

:oops: Sorry. I've been where you are, lost about 30 games on a tourney in a sweep- however, that still didn't make me feel the need for the change, just that I should haven't have created them as soon without inviting people. A lot of it was my own fault in slacking on invites (I sent them out the day the games were deleted). 16 games, eh, not a ton IMO. 30 isn't really either. But with this tournament... It was on 219 of CC's maps, and three groups of 8 I think receiving invites... I didn't think it could be done originally, but with this setback I actually felt sorry for him. That's all I meant by the comment.

HA I wasn't really that offended. I just thought it was funny how the actual problem was not an issue until this specific example came up. Even if one game gets deleted it's a pain, I would prefer a 100 day limit to be honest. But even 30 days would be better.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby osok68 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:50 am

lets dubble that limit and see,i say....tourneys are the spice in CC for me so lets give those creators more space!or will that cause an other meltdown?then dont do it hahaha!!!
Colonel osok68

Location: for complaints,write it down on my other account-wall:USUK2.0

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:43 pm

SUBMITTED

OP Changed
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:47 pm

=D>
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:50 pm

kmhebert wrote:HA I wasn't really that offended. I just thought it was funny how the actual problem was not an issue until this specific example came up. Even if one game gets deleted it's a pain, I would prefer a 100 day limit to be honest. But even 30 days would be better.

100 is pretty ridiculous. I think 30-45 is more than plenty. If you are creating games 100 days in advance, you are way ahead of the game.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby xman5151 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:01 pm

I see no harm in this either. It sounds like no extra data load issue, and relatively easy to implement. It would help in these circumstances when a clan/TO creates their games on the agreed time, but for whatever issue, the opponents did not fill them on time. I think 30 days is perfect. Anything much longer than that probably won't be used
Private xman5151

Postby blakebowling on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:11 pm

This has been put into the beta version for the next release.
Private blakebowling

Postby kmhebert on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:39 pm

blakebowling wrote:This has been put into the beta version for the next release.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah!
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby spiesr on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Captain spiesr

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions