Conquer Club

Varying Premium Limits

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby hecter on Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:04 pm

Well, it's just that 20$ isn't very much, and a year is a long time. But this has been suggested before, and I think people would like to have some kind of trial package, such as, say, 5$ for two months, 20$ for a year.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby reverend_kyle on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:48 am

Landgrab has

2.50 for a month
20 for a year
60 for a life.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby gimil on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:14 am

but land grab sucks =)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby RobinJ on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:37 am

gimil wrote:but land grab sucks =)

But those rates Rev. Kyle suggested sound quite good - rewards those who sign for longer
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:28 am

reverend_kyle wrote:Landgrab has

2.50 for a month
20 for a year
60 for a life.

I'd pay 60 for life.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gimil on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:46 am

but yeti your a geek ;)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:47 am

Geek and proud!!!!

After all - it's my job to be a geek!!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gimil on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:49 am

As long as your happy C :wink:

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby nmhunate on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:26 pm

Ridiculous idea. The four allowed games for free are enough to get a taste of the site. How will the ability to play in unlimited games for a month allow someone to make a getter decision to buy the year long one? As it was mentioned, the $20 is very cheap. If you can't afford $20 then you can't afford to waste time playing this game.
Sergeant 1st Class nmhunate

Postby Fircoal on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:34 pm

yeti_c wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:Landgrab has

2.50 for a month
20 for a year
60 for a life.

I'd pay 60 for life.

C.

I'd get 60 dollars then pay it. :D
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Jehan on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:34 pm

the reason i dont buy premium is i dont want the temptation of unlimited games, maybe an alternative type of membership with say 15 game max but you can still make private games? i would be willing to pay 20 bucks for that.
Sergeant Jehan

Postby john1099 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:56 pm

Where is the "GFY" option?
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby BobHacket on Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:32 pm

I like it the way it is now because I love this game and like to have the option of having 30 games run at a time and be on the computer 24/7 or to have 4 games run and only check to once a day.

The gameplay changes however I want it to and I only had to make a 20 commitment which I spend on one meal for a date. So I am happy, also I play tribalwars, I am in world 7 and 8 : D
Bob Hacket is my middle name
Sergeant 1st Class BobHacket

Postby james9487 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:50 pm

nmhunate wrote:Ridiculous idea. The four allowed games for free are enough to get a taste of the site. How will the ability to play in unlimited games for a month allow someone to make a getter decision to buy the year long one? As it was mentioned, the $20 is very cheap. If you can't afford $20 then you can't afford to waste time playing this game.

I think I made it clear that I wasn't hesitant because I couldn't "get a taste" with four games, it was that I don't know if I will still be interested in 4 months, so I'd rather test premium for a few months and see if this site is something I want to do for a long time. I said I usually get bored with things and I would rather buy a few months for a petty amount rather than just throw $20 at something I MAY not be interested in a few months from now.

Besides, if it was so ridiculous, why do just about all subscription sites offer several different package options?
Sergeant 1st Class james9487

Postby relions on Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:59 am

i post this here beceus about the mony to get premium
ok 20 dollar is alot and i think many cant use paypal ore not allowd
so is this a idea to get mobile paying 1 sms 1 ore phone call is month premium

[i jus fite it here if some1 think this is wrong post please say than i put it i good forum post]
Corporal 1st Class relions

Premium for a month

Postby NutZ on Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:13 pm

So this is it. I would like to be able to buy premium for only 1 month for 3 dollars or something like that. or maybe even for a week.

It would make more people pay, because not everybody wants to play this game for a year, and 25 dollars are a lot of money for an online game I think....

Well, hope you like it. =D

cya
Sergeant 1st Class NutZ

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:47 pm

Shorter time-frame options for Premium are most likely going to be Rejected for a while. If you look at the services you can take advantage of for 25 USD...for a whole year, it seems like bargain to me!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby lalaland on Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:48 pm

Refer somebody who will pay premium... then you will get your month (or two!).
I worship the dice gods
Image Image
Private 1st Class lalaland

Postby Risktaker17 on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:25 pm

The problem with this is the last day people would take tons of games, when the premium is done. Then they finish those games, and buy it again for a week. Cheats Lack from money.
Highest place: 40 1/17/08
Highest point total: 2773 1/17/08
Top Poster Position: 97th
Captain Risktaker17

Postby loopinvariant on Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:29 am

I would, because I was very happy with the game while still on freemium and thought it would be great to support the site. I bought membership within a week or so.

After I registered I learned about:
  • People who missed turns for bonus armies and the complete unwillingness to address the issue by the site
  • Deadbeats and the complete unwillingness to address the issue by the site
  • People who cheat using multiple accounts but nothing is done to compensate the victims
  • Unable to play games against friends and family in my household because of a paranoid mindset on the parts of the admins
  • Forums littered with rude and tasteless avatar images and ridiculously oversized signature images (That it is allowed reflects the maturity of those who run this site. I had to write a GM script to get rid of them).
  • Missing basic functionality that is being provided instead by GreaseMonkey scripts (Bob, Saved game Searches, other scripts. And what about saved game creation -- why was it removed?)
  • Admins that have less than professional attitudes
  • A server that has become overworked
  • A poorly thought out/executed AJAX implementation
This is just off the top of my head, so they are the things that bug me the most.

I learned much of this during the first month, others only recently. Had I waited to make the purchase instead of trying to support what I thought was a mature site, I probably wouldn't have signed up.

I don't think they want to risk losing their $25.

I enjoy the game very much, but when my membership expires I'll let it stay at freemium.
Corporal 1st Class loopinvariant

Postby Ishiro on Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:30 am

Risktaker17 wrote:The problem with this is the last day people would take tons of games, when the premium is done. Then they finish those games, and buy it again for a week. Cheats Lack from money.

That, as I see it, would be exactly the problem. Some people would pay for a month, at the end sign up for tons of games (dozens, hundreds), when premium expires they still get to play everything they signed up for. Expends premium level bandwidth but represents no income.
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby loopinvariant on Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:34 am

Ishiro wrote:
Risktaker17 wrote:The problem with this is the last day people would take tons of games, when the premium is done. Then they finish those games, and buy it again for a week. Cheats Lack from money.

That, as I see it, would be exactly the problem. Some people would pay for a month, at the end sign up for tons of games (dozens, hundreds), when premium expires they still get to play everything they signed up for. Expends premium level bandwidth but represents no income.

That is no different from someone who loads up 50 games on the last day of their annual premium membership then lets it lapse; it is exactly the same amount of "premium level bandwidth" that is being taken. This isn't a real argument.
Corporal 1st Class loopinvariant

Postby freezie on Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:41 am

loopinvariant wrote:
    1)
  • People who missed turns for bonus armies and the complete unwillingness to address the issue by the site
    2)
  • Deadbeats and the complete unwillingness to address the issue by the site
    3)
  • People who cheat using multiple accounts but nothing is done to compensate the victims
    4)
  • Unable to play games against friends and family in my household because of a paranoid mindset on the parts of the admins
    5)
  • Forums littered with rude and tasteless avatar images and ridiculously oversized signature images (That it is allowed reflects the maturity of those who run this site. I had to write a GM script to get rid of them).
    6)
  • Missing basic functionality that is being provided instead by GreaseMonkey scripts (Bob, Saved game Searches, other scripts. And what about saved game creation -- why was it removed?)
    7)
  • Admins that have less than professional attitudes
    8 )
  • A server that has become overworked
    9)
  • A poorly thought out/executed AJAX implementation

1) Provide a good solution to it, and they might work it out. Otherwise, the solution has been provided:`Feedbacks and ignore list.

2) And you can stop this how..? Same thing as point number 1.

3) Lack has said pretty well that deleting games screw his system, and giving points back could be abused aswell.

4) You are advised to not play them, but I don't recall any rules forbidding you to do so. If you do it fairly. Also, getting a risk board and play on CC's rules. Sure, FoW and Freestyle won't work anymore, but it's a side-solution. And freestyle on the same computer wouldn't work, anyway.

5) Absolutly wrong, over-sized signatures are NOT allowed. People are beeing warned and they got to change them. AS for rude avatars, I have yet to see them. Maybe a VERY few numbers, but that's it.

6) So you are saying that those add-ons are BASIC? Is that why they are called add-ons? You should be able to count up the bonuses by yourself, but if you're lazy, get that add-on. It's not a basic functionallity. And why would Lack work on it that much if it's there already? And I even don't use GM.

7) You are entittled to your own oppinions, but I doubt it reflects the truth because you said it.

8 ) If Ir ecall well, Lack upgraded it recently. Programmers are gods, as far as I know. Once again, provide a good solution, and I am sure it will get implemented. Until then, if the problem doesn't have a solution yet, why complaint?

9)Lack said it himself that he is working on AJAX...

Have fuin reading :)
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby freezie on Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:44 am

loopinvariant wrote:
Ishiro wrote:

That is no different from someone who loads up 50 games on the last day of their annual premium membership then lets it lapse; it is exactly the same amount of "premium level bandwidth" that is being taken. This isn't a real argument.

But people can't abuse it as much, by the time you end up those 50 games, you have to pay back for a full year again. Barely any abuse.

For a week Membership, it would be HUGE abuse.

At worst, 6 months membership, with maybe a cap for games..Enough to say you're premium, but low enough to stop abuse. Then again..
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:52 am

Nicely put Freezie. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions