Conquer Club

Varying Premium Limits

Suggestions that have made it through the grind, and have become integrated into the site!

Re: Pay Per Month

Postby Megadeth666 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:16 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:For now, a one year payment will be the standard norm---smaller increments cause more problems such as additional transaction fees.

--Andy

Through paypal it is only a couple of cents, and if some one can only afford 5 bucks at the time, it might end up better because, after their time is up ,they will pay the full price O:)
Private 1st Class Megadeth666

Medals: 41
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (17)

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:41 pm

For the books, which Lack has to do---it's more economical to avoid micro transactions for the time being. Plus, if you can save up 5 dollars (or whatever given amount for 1 month), why not save up that extra amount for a couple of months and get a whole year's worth of Premium? :)

--Andy
Sergeant AndyDufresne

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby BaldAdonis on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:51 pm

If the prices were close (say 2.50 per month), I could see myself buying it once, joining a whole bunch of games when it was near the end, and then waiting a while before getting premium again. Because you're allowed to play more than 4 games if you've joined them as a premium member, and games can last at least a week, the overlap lets people abuse it.
Lieutenant BaldAdonis

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Megadeth666 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:06 pm

BaldAdonis wrote:If the prices were close (say 2.50 per month), I could see myself buying it once, joining a whole bunch of games when it was near the end, and then waiting a while before getting premium again. Because you're allowed to play more than 4 games if you've joined them as a premium member, and games can last at least a week, the overlap lets people abuse it.

Exactly, 2.50 plus a few cents transaction fees..3 bucks to try it for a while, goes good for a few months, cause of overlap games, pay another 3 bucks..do that for 6 to 8 months, lack will make out better...or the smart ones will figure it out and buy a premiuim :-$

AndyDufresne wrote:micro transactions

Funny Andy...any transaction is good for lack :lol: including all the multis you guys allow to play, create accounts so you can up your online activity , let the multis pay that 2.50 and lose it every month :twisted:

Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby BaldAdonis on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:14 pm

Megadeth666 wrote:Exactly, 2.50 plus a few cents transaction fees..3 bucks to try it for a while, goes good for a few months, cause of overlap games, pay another 3 bucks..do that for 6 to 8 months, lack will make out better...or the smart ones will figure it out and buy a premiuim :-$

I think you missed the point. I'd get all the same benefits I have now, but for less money. AND lack has more administration to deal with (8-9 transactions a year instead of 1). It's bad from his perspective, but surely good for you or me.
Lieutenant BaldAdonis

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Megadeth666 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:19 pm

BaldAdonis wrote:I think you missed the point. I'd get all the same benefits I have now, but for less money. AND lack has more administration to deal with (8-9 transactions a year instead of 1). It's bad from his perspective, but surely good for you or me.

Did not miss the point Bald, if a creditable person was thinking of joining...and didnt have 25 bucks, but was willing to put out 3 buck to try, I think you would get a lot more joining

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Freemiums have 4 games, forever, to try for free. Freemiums often from time to time get to play speeds games---they either get a few credits or may participate in days site-wide events like this past Halloween free speed day. More of these will come on. Freemiums are free to attain medals, post in the forum, join most tournaments, create maps---you get quite a bit as a Freemium. If you'd like some added benefits for an entire year it can be done buy purchasing a year of premium :):)

--Andy
Sergeant AndyDufresne

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby BaldAdonis on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Megadeth666 wrote:Did not miss the point Bald, if a creditable person was thinking of joining...and didnt have 25 bucks, but was willing to put out 3 buck to try, I think you would get a lot more joining

And all of the current players would get the equivalent of 2-3 months free. Which group do you suppose is bigger?
Lieutenant BaldAdonis

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:48 pm

by AndyDufresne » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:40 am

Freemiums have 4 games, forever, to try for free. Freemiums often from time to time get to play speeds games---they either get a few credits or may participate in days site-wide events like this past Halloween free speed day. More of these will come on. Freemiums are free to attain medals, post in the forum, join most tournaments, create maps---you get quite a bit as a Freemium. If you'd like some added benefits for an entire year it can be done buy purchasing a year of premium :)
--Andy

(word in red) true,that how im start, and i get reward for any map what im make, but still i think that its easy to pay 25$ instead to create map. ;)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby Megadeth666 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:16 pm

BaldAdonis wrote:
Megadeth666 wrote:Did not miss the point Bald, if a creditable person was thinking of joining...and didnt have 25 bucks, but was willing to put out 3 buck to try, I think you would get a lot more joining

And all of the current players would get the equivalent of 2-3 months free. Which group do you suppose is bigger?

I just know a lot of players that can't afford 25 bucks right now, but want to join speed, and/or more games, sorry this suggestion will be shot down cause of lacks incompetence of handling micro transactions
Let him enjoy his vacations in exotic locations while Twill and others run his site...don't really care about the freemiuims wondering how it would be, as long as Lack is makin the big bucks pulling in 25 bucks, while we all are in hard times...COOL =D>

Postby owenshooter on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:31 pm

Megadeth666 wrote:I just know a lot of players that can't afford 25 bucks right now, but want to join speed, and/or more games, sorry this suggestion will be shot down cause of lacks incompetence of handling micro transactions
Let him enjoy his vacations in exotic locations while Twill and others run his site...don't really care about the freemiuims wondering how it would be, as long as Lack is makin the big bucks pulling in 25 bucks, while we all are in hard times...COOL =D>

wow... you really know how to sway someones opinion... "nobody agrees with me in my thread, so now i'm going to insult the owner and admins!! that'll get me what i want!!" that is truly a very intellectual approach, and i can see no reason why it won't be successful... wow... this thread just took a turn...-0
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
Lieutenant owenshooter

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Megadeth666 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Fuckin Eh!....Micro Transactions LOL, let the freemiums try for a month wtf?

Postby owenshooter on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:51 pm

Megadeth666 wrote:Fuckin Eh!....Micro Transactions LOL, let the freemiums try for a month wtf?

have you ever been to another site like this that gives non-members as many features as this site does? if you have, please direct me to it, because i doubt it exists. lack was even cool enough to give freemiums unlimited speed games on the halloween map for halloween!!! he has given freemiums a limitied number of speed games before to let them try them! lack does/allows freemiums to experience more of his site than any other site owner does. allowing people to purchase a monthly premium and create 100 games or even 25 games, that can last for upwards of 2 or more months, is not really business savy, now is it? i for one was truly shocked at the access and input i was allowed/given on this site, when i first joined, and eventually i joined. so, just out of curiousity, when does your premium membership end? is there a personal motive behind this desire for monthly access to the site?-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:43 pm

I say we need a longer option (18 months etc) for the long-term players :)
Colonel ManBungalow
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby owenshooter on Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:45 am

ManBungalow wrote:I say we need a longer option (18 months etc) for the long-term players :)

this i can get behind... reduced rate for an 18 month option... sweet...-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Megadeth666 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:27 am

owenshooter wrote:
Megadeth666 wrote:Fuckin Eh!....Micro Transactions LOL, let the freemiums try for a month wtf?

have you ever been to another site like this that gives non-members as many features as this site does? if you have, please direct me to it, because i doubt it exists.

Yes there is, but I will not mention it publicly ,I am sure someone else may though :?

owenshooter wrote: so, just out of curiousity, when does your premium membership end?

I am good until October :D

owenshooter wrote: is there a personal motive behind this desire for monthly access to the site?-0

I have friends that want to try out the site, but can't afford 25 bucks at the moment :-$

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:01 am

maybe can give 5 free speed games for fremium?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Premium payment for different time periods

Postby Proximus Ventor on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:09 pm

Concise description:

* Options to buy premium for 3,6,12,24 months.

Specifics:

* Different options with prices matching the length of time you opt for.

This could encourage more members to upgrade. You could even have an option for a "pay to play tournament" where non premium players could pay a couple of bucks to play in a premium only tournament.

Personally i would have bought 24 months first up if i had the option but i could also see my friends upgradeing if there was a cheaper option.
Lieutenant Proximus Ventor

Location: secret underwater base playing with the global warming adjuster, and giggling. tehe
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Premium payment for different time periods

Postby demonfork on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Proximus Ventor wrote:Concise description:

* Options to buy premium for 3,6,12,24 months.

Specifics:

* Different options with prices matching the length of time you opt for.

This could encourage more members to upgrade. You could even have an option for a "pay to play tournament" where non premium players could pay a couple of bucks to play in a premium only tournament.

Personally i would have bought 24 months first up if i had the option but i could also see my friends upgradeing if there was a cheaper option.

Already been suggested like infinity times before.
Corporal 1st Class demonfork

Medals: 61
Conqueror Achievement (1) Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Scharn on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:40 am

Shame really, I can't justify spending $25 right now (yes things are really that tight) so I have paid for a monthly sub on another Risk type site where I can pay monthly. Had I the choce, it would be CC getting that money not the other site as I infinately prefer CC. Oh well.

Should CC choose to take the monthy route it could be made so that the number of active games is restricted and price it so that it is actually slighty more expensive than the annual price so as to cover any extra transaction costs and to make the annual subscription a little more attractive.

Come on CC, take my money
Cook Scharn

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:06 am

Megadeth666 wrote:
BaldAdonis wrote:I think you missed the point. I'd get all the same benefits I have now, but for less money. AND lack has more administration to deal with (8-9 transactions a year instead of 1). It's bad from his perspective, but surely good for you or me.

Did not miss the point Bald, if a creditable person was thinking of joining...and didnt have 25 bucks, but was willing to put out 3 buck to try, I think you would get a lot more joining

There's no way that there are a substantial number of people who don't have 25 bucks for an entire year (but would spend that money if they did have it). If you know such people who claim that they can't afford $25 now but could afford, say, $5 per month, tell them they're being economically unwise and should just buy the full year. The argument that people want to pay for a month just to try things out is invalid because free memberships solve that problem - for free, people can experience qualitatively everything CC has to offer. Speed games are not a different type of content offered by CC, they're just more exciting. The point is, it's fairly obvious to a free player how a speed game should turn out, so people don't need to pay for a month to determine whether they'd like it or not.
Lieutenant Metsfanmax

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Postby Scharn on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:16 am

I'd spend $2.50 a month
Cook Scharn

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)

Postby 40kguy on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:53 pm

it would cost more paying for month. so no more freemiums wouldn't try it out.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Lieutenant 40kguy

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby Night Strike on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:16 pm

Scharn wrote:I'd spend $2.50 a month

And yet when lack has to pay credit card and PayPal fees, he looses a lot more money having many very small transactions.
Captain Night Strike

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:41 pm

The ones who can't afford $25 probably shouldn't be spending the cash on a damn membership to CC anyway. You can shovel a driveway, rake a few yards, that kinda $#!% and get $25 "extra" dollars if your so hard up for entertainment cash.

:roll:
the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness! Armies will lay down their weapons to be taken into our numbers or die and lose their souls. What will you decide?
Major IcePack

Medals: 105
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

PreviousNext

Return to Implemented Suggestions