Conquer Club

Varying Premium Limits

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby eye84free on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 am

this is a good idea..but the down side is as andy stated.

yes money is all great and grand. but when u think about the server upgrades needed as well as the accounting part of it. i think it wouldnt be worth the problems. also every time someone uses paypal or something like that, lack gets charges for the service. a percentage/flat rate, just like the stores get charged when u swipe a credit card or even sometimes checks. so the profit level drops on a lower money level.

$25 is a bargin I have been here for a while now. and i have over 3k in games played. and its worth the money. the board game is almost as much. and you only get one map on that and for other maps you have to buy a new board game. here you gat 20+ maps and get to play anytime you want. The board game? nope you have to wait untill a friend wants to drop by and play. here your game is most likely filled up in a few days not to mention all the games you get to set up at one time.

spend the money. its worth it.....
Major eye84free

Buying premium membership (less than 1 year)

Postby Flapappel on Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:38 pm

Concise description:
  • You will able to get premium membership without paying for a whole year but for only a specific amount of time like (month, 3 months)

Specifics:
  • Have 2 or 3 more options like:
    PM for 6 months = $15
    PM for 3 months = $9
    PM for 1 month = $4

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • $25 can be a large amount for some players and they dont want to pay that much money or dont want to play for a whole year
  • This will be a lot better for new players who do want to play more than 4 games but dont want to pay $25 for a whole year.

I dont know if this has already been suggested but this is how I think it should be.
A lot of sites which have a paying function have a few options whihc you can choose from.
This allows you to try the game out.
Private Flapappel

Re: Buying premium membership (less than 1 year)

Postby soka on Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:43 pm

Have 2 or 3 more options like:
$25 unlimited games
PM for 6 months = $15 20 at once
PM for 3 months = $9 15 at once
PM for 1 month = $4 8 games at once

id still buy the premi
Sergeant 1st Class soka

Postby Flapappel on Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:49 pm

Have 2 or 3 more options like:
$25 unlimited games
PM for 6 months = $15
PM for 3 months = $9
PM for 1 month = $4

isnt PM unlimited games? so PM for 1 month, unlimited games for only 1 month.
That way if you just started (me) but you dont know if you will be playign fore that long, you can start off with 1 month.

that was my idea atleast.
Private Flapappel

Postby blakebowling on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Flapappel wrote:Have 2 or 3 more options like:
$25 unlimited games
PM for 6 months = $15
PM for 3 months = $9
PM for 1 month = $4

isnt PM unlimited games? so PM for 1 month, unlimited games for only 1 month.
That way if you just started (me) but you dont know if you will be playign fore that long, you can start off with 1 month.

that was my idea atleast.

what stops me from paying $4 for one month, and starting 50 games a day until they all fill. I would be playing those games for 1-2 more months.
Private blakebowling

Postby Flapappel on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:30 pm

well, as I am saying.

A beginning player doesnt know that. I know this cause I just begun 2 days ago and I want to play more games but I dont want to pay 25$ or play a whole year.

I want to try it out first.
Private Flapappel

Postby blakebowling on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:58 pm

I could see lack possibly selling speed games, and maybe 6 and 3 month premium, but not 1 month.
Private blakebowling

Pay Per Month

Postby Megadeth666 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Concise description:
  • Monthly Subscription

Specifics:
  • Have an option to just pay per month

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • More freemiums will try it out
  • Less money to give all at once
Private 1st Class Megadeth666

Re: Pay Per Month

Postby Timminz on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:36 pm

This has been suggested, and rejected numerous times before. I don't remember what reason(s) was/were given.
Captain Timminz

Postby Megadeth666 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:46 pm

ok I did advance search , monthly, under suggestions, and nothing came up

Postby Timminz on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:56 pm

Maybe a search for "payment" would turn up better results. Also, you might want to include the Q&A forum too, as sometimes people ask whether something is available, while suggesting it should be, if it isn't already.
Captain Timminz

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:57 pm

For now, a one year payment will be the standard norm---smaller increments cause more problems such as additional transaction fees.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Timminz on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:01 pm

There you have it. Straight from the monkey's mouth.

As a side note, I found a similar suggestion in the *rejected* pile of the official to-do list.

viewtopic.php?t=635

Then again, I also found an implemented suggestion in the same *rejected* pile.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1727&start=15
Captain Timminz

Postby max is gr8 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:06 pm

I think also the more important factor is, currently I could start 50 games of my premium and have them all joined a week. If they were sequential 10 might finish a week and I'll restart them.

But if I only have one month, I might make 50, and when they're full, start another 50, as quick as I possibly can because I only have a month of premium. If something like this were to be implemented it would more probably be a game limit than a time limit. Example trial 100 games
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Megadeth666 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:11 pm

max is gr8 wrote: If something like this were to be implemented it would more probably be a game limit than a time limit. Example trial 100 games

=D> Yes that would be a great Idea , pay a couple bucks try some speed games and limit the amount of games

Postby Megadeth666 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:16 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:For now, a one year payment will be the standard norm---smaller increments cause more problems such as additional transaction fees.

--Andy

Through paypal it is only a couple of cents, and if some one can only afford 5 bucks at the time, it might end up better because, after their time is up ,they will pay the full price O:)

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:41 pm

For the books, which Lack has to do---it's more economical to avoid micro transactions for the time being. Plus, if you can save up 5 dollars (or whatever given amount for 1 month), why not save up that extra amount for a couple of months and get a whole year's worth of Premium? :)

--Andy

Postby BaldAdonis on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:51 pm

If the prices were close (say 2.50 per month), I could see myself buying it once, joining a whole bunch of games when it was near the end, and then waiting a while before getting premium again. Because you're allowed to play more than 4 games if you've joined them as a premium member, and games can last at least a week, the overlap lets people abuse it.
Lieutenant BaldAdonis

Postby Megadeth666 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:06 pm

BaldAdonis wrote:If the prices were close (say 2.50 per month), I could see myself buying it once, joining a whole bunch of games when it was near the end, and then waiting a while before getting premium again. Because you're allowed to play more than 4 games if you've joined them as a premium member, and games can last at least a week, the overlap lets people abuse it.

Exactly, 2.50 plus a few cents transaction fees..3 bucks to try it for a while, goes good for a few months, cause of overlap games, pay another 3 bucks..do that for 6 to 8 months, lack will make out better...or the smart ones will figure it out and buy a premiuim :-$

AndyDufresne wrote:micro transactions

Funny Andy...any transaction is good for lack :lol: including all the multis you guys allow to play, create accounts so you can up your online activity , let the multis pay that 2.50 and lose it every month :twisted:

Postby BaldAdonis on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:14 pm

Megadeth666 wrote:Exactly, 2.50 plus a few cents transaction fees..3 bucks to try it for a while, goes good for a few months, cause of overlap games, pay another 3 bucks..do that for 6 to 8 months, lack will make out better...or the smart ones will figure it out and buy a premiuim :-$

I think you missed the point. I'd get all the same benefits I have now, but for less money. AND lack has more administration to deal with (8-9 transactions a year instead of 1). It's bad from his perspective, but surely good for you or me.
Lieutenant BaldAdonis

Postby Megadeth666 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:19 pm

BaldAdonis wrote:I think you missed the point. I'd get all the same benefits I have now, but for less money. AND lack has more administration to deal with (8-9 transactions a year instead of 1). It's bad from his perspective, but surely good for you or me.

Did not miss the point Bald, if a creditable person was thinking of joining...and didnt have 25 bucks, but was willing to put out 3 buck to try, I think you would get a lot more joining

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Freemiums have 4 games, forever, to try for free. Freemiums often from time to time get to play speeds games---they either get a few credits or may participate in days site-wide events like this past Halloween free speed day. More of these will come on. Freemiums are free to attain medals, post in the forum, join most tournaments, create maps---you get quite a bit as a Freemium. If you'd like some added benefits for an entire year it can be done buy purchasing a year of premium :):)

--Andy

Postby BaldAdonis on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Megadeth666 wrote:Did not miss the point Bald, if a creditable person was thinking of joining...and didnt have 25 bucks, but was willing to put out 3 buck to try, I think you would get a lot more joining

And all of the current players would get the equivalent of 2-3 months free. Which group do you suppose is bigger?
Lieutenant BaldAdonis

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:48 pm

by AndyDufresne » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:40 am

Freemiums have 4 games, forever, to try for free. Freemiums often from time to time get to play speeds games---they either get a few credits or may participate in days site-wide events like this past Halloween free speed day. More of these will come on. Freemiums are free to attain medals, post in the forum, join most tournaments, create maps---you get quite a bit as a Freemium. If you'd like some added benefits for an entire year it can be done buy purchasing a year of premium :)
--Andy

(word in red) true,that how im start, and i get reward for any map what im make, but still i think that its easy to pay 25$ instead to create map. ;)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Megadeth666 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:16 pm

BaldAdonis wrote:
Megadeth666 wrote:Did not miss the point Bald, if a creditable person was thinking of joining...and didnt have 25 bucks, but was willing to put out 3 buck to try, I think you would get a lot more joining

And all of the current players would get the equivalent of 2-3 months free. Which group do you suppose is bigger?

I just know a lot of players that can't afford 25 bucks right now, but want to join speed, and/or more games, sorry this suggestion will be shot down cause of lacks incompetence of handling micro transactions
Let him enjoy his vacations in exotic locations while Twill and others run his site...don't really care about the freemiuims wondering how it would be, as long as Lack is makin the big bucks pulling in 25 bucks, while we all are in hard times...COOL =D>

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions