Conquer Club

Show Partners Cards

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Team Games and Card Visibility

Postby lancehoch on Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:46 am

blakebowling wrote:I, personally, would just use the colors, but it shouldn't be too much more difficult to do the names as well.

I don't know. Once in a while it is necessary to take a territory from a teammate, but you wouldn't want to take a territory where they would be getting a +2 bonus. I was thinking that you might as well just give all the information, your teammate could just type it in, but if it is possible to code the colors, it should be just as easy to code in the names as well.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Shatners Bassoon on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:29 am

lancehoch wrote:Do you want the territory names or just the colors?

Both would be the ideal situation.
31-29
Major Shatners Bassoon

Postby HardAttack on Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:20 pm

thanks SB, great idea and i believe this will work great =D> =D>
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Joodoo on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:14 pm

just ask your team mates in game chat
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby HardAttack on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:05 am

Joodoo wrote:just ask your team mates in game chat

there are ways to go to rome from milano...
1/ you can use airways
2/ you can use railways
3/ you can use long way buses
4/ you can run
5/ you can walk

or you can still wud like to ask to your friend 8-)

you got my point mate? :)
Colonel HardAttack

See team-mate's spoils ?

Postby ManBungalow on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:22 pm

Concise description:
  • You should be able to see your team-mate's spoils in a team game.

Specifics:
  • Should not be too hard to code.
    A four man doubles game should be set up in two columns as so:
    Assume that column one shows the players (players 1 & 2 on one team, and 3 & 4 on the other), column two represents their own spoils and column 3 represents their team-mate's spoils.
    Code: Select all
    1-   1   2
    2-   2   1
    3-   3   4
    4-   4   3
    (Coding is not my most confident trait)

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Makes strategies more developed.
  • Allows foreplanning, even when a partner does not communicate.
Colonel ManBungalow

Re: See team-mate's spoils ?

Postby ubersky on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:00 pm

Probably not that big of a deal. In doubles, I usually communicate my Spoils to my partner.

Seems like a way to help if you have a bad communicating partner(s), but in the end, does it really do anything, since only they can cash them in?
Lieutenant ubersky

Postby Velvecarrots on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:26 pm

It can be good if you have to take out your partner to have any chance at winning, and you want to know if your combined 6 cards will give you 2 sets.

It also can change your game play if say you know your partner has a 3 card mixed set in flat rate.

Great suggestion. And it should be pretty easy from a coding aspect. Though in quads games it might be a lot of cards to keep track of...up to 20.
This game was once fun, but the necessity to log in every day finally took its toll on me.

Best Score: 4660 (11/20/10)
Best Rank: 1 (8/2/13)
General Velvecarrots

Postby cicero on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:36 pm

Merge post:

Ability to see teammates (NOT OPPONENTS!) cards - posts 8 August to 29 September 2007 - first post here
Team Games and Card Visibility - posts 7 to 8 February 2009 - first post here
See team-mate's spoils ? - posts 11 April 2009 - first post here

It may be worth noting that the first of these threads is marked as "pending".

Cicero
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:19 pm

I personally dislike this. Team games are all about communication. In my games I usually tell my partner "set" or "2 pair, 2r 2g" etc. With this feature, teams would communicate less, and those that do talk to their partner lose an advantage to lazy teams.
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth

Postby ubersky on Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:24 pm

so... the only real benefit is if you have to take out your partner and get his/her spoils? If he/she is in agreement, then you are likely already communicating well. If they are not in agreement, then well...Not a very good partner are you?
Lieutenant ubersky

Postby sailorseal on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:23 pm

I have total support of this, especially with non-talkative team mates
Cook sailorseal

Postby demonfork on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:38 pm

This is what I do in team games, it's really not hard to do either.

Do we really need this when the information can so easily be shared in team chat?
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby ManBungalow on Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:28 pm

demonfork wrote:

This is what I do in team games, it's really not hard to do either.

Do we really need this when the information can so easily be shared in team chat?

Your point is valid, but what do you do when you get stuck with a team-mate who, for whatever obscure reason, does not communicate? You're likely to lose the game anyway, but knowing what spoils they have increases your odds.
Colonel ManBungalow

Show teammates cards

Postby jonka on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:09 pm

In team games, you should be able to see teammates cards, so you don't have to constantly ask. This will make the game better by allowing players to make more strategic moves, and help players who's teammates are silent.
Sergeant 1st Class jonka

Re: Show teammates cards

Postby cowboyz on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:19 pm

I think part of playing team games is communication...if you cant be bothered to communicate with your team about what cards you have...you are probably gonna lose anyway
Corporal cowboyz

Postby 4myGod on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:57 pm

cowboyz wrote:I think part of playing team games is communication...if you cant be bothered to communicate with your team about what cards you have...you are probably gonna lose anyway

I fully agree that if your teammate is silent it will be much more difficult to win, and there is a good chance of losing, however the idea is to help the other teammate who IS trying.

I think they should allow teammates to see each others cards as well. Where you would fit it in the design? no idea.
Sergeant 1st Class 4myGod

Postby jonka on Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:29 pm

cowboyz wrote:I think part of playing team games is communication...if you cant be bothered to communicate with your team about what cards you have...you are probably gonna lose anyway

So you think that the well accustomed teams that prey on beginners should have an advantage?

I think they could fit it between the Action area and the Game log.
Sergeant 1st Class jonka

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:12 am

jonka wrote:

So you think that the well accustomed teams that prey on beginners should have an advantage?

It has nothing to do with good players vs bad. A simple post your cards in team chat round 1 works. If your teammates do not read chat you have other issues.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby 4myGod on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:25 am

Bruceswar wrote:
jonka wrote:

It has nothing to do with good players vs bad. A simple post your cards in team chat round 1 works. If your teammates do not read chat you have other issues.

Then after each turn you have to write the card you received and the color, so in the long run it would help to just show your teammates cards. Is there any reason whatsoever not to do it? Would anyone at all be opposed to having their teammates cards showing? If not I say we do it.

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:54 am

4myGod wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
jonka wrote:

Then after each turn you have to write the card you received and the color, so in the long run it would help to just show your teammates cards. Is there any reason whatsoever not to do it? Would anyone at all be opposed to having their teammates cards showing? If not I say we do it.

if you cannot take the 2 seconds to put 1r 2b 1g at least then you do not need to know which cards your teammate(s) have. It is that simple. Keep it this way. It is another added layer of strategy.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby 4myGod on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:03 am

Bruceswar wrote:
4myGod wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
jonka wrote:

if you cannot take the 2 seconds to put 1r 2b 1g at least then you do not need to know which cards your teammate(s) have. It is that simple. Keep it this way..

If the admins thought the way you did we wouldn't have a "go to your next game" button after finishing your turn, because "if you cannot take the 2 seconds to click 'my games' and then click the next game..."

Bruceswar wrote:It is another added layer of strategy

What exactly is the "added layer of strategy"?

Listen Bruceswar, you are opposed to the idea for God knows why, but there is no reason whatsoever to NOT have it display your teammates cards except for the fact that it requires time to program in, but that is why there is a to-do list and you can prioritize things.

Seeing your teamates cards

Postby Artic patrol on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Hey for a wile I was thinking how about if you could see your teamates cards? And now that they have Nuclear spoils that seams like a great idea. What do you think?

-AP
Lieutenant Artic patrol

Re: Seeing your teamates cards

Postby darkangelsguy205 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:37 pm

yep
Sergeant darkangelsguy205

Re: Seeing your teamates cards

Postby rockfist on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Its not necessary. If you can't talk about what cards you have in team chat, you deserve to lose.
Major rockfist

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions