Conquer Club

Show Partners Cards

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Seeing your teamates cards

Postby Artic patrol on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:38 pm

rockfist, This will make the game a lot more fun so you can plan your next turn without having to wait for your teamate to get on line.
Lieutenant Artic patrol

Postby rockfist on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:00 pm

While I agree it will speed up games between good teams, its another thing like the territory count that makes it easier for the bad teams to keep up with the good teams.

Its not that I don't want a challenge - I play plenty of good teams and have started doing tournies - its just that bad teams have so little at risk points wise that making it easier for them makes it less enticing to play them.

I am more interested in medals than I am points and there aren't enough good teams to get the third medal by only playing good teams. Points are a secondary goal for me but primary for some of my teammates and the more changes there are to make things easier for bad teams the less inclined to play them they will be.
Major rockfist

Postby Artic patrol on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:13 am

Oh yes I agree, I guess its just how you look at it and who wants what.
Lieutenant Artic patrol

Postby samuelc812 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:23 am

Moved back to Suggestions & Bug Reports where it belongs ;)

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Team Cards Visable

Postby JustCallMeStupid on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:03 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=83527&hilit=Team+Cards&start=90
I noticed the above forum discusses the topic and it is Pending.

Need to see teammate cards

Given the newly added nuke cards it is becoming much more difficult coordinating among teammates in chat. Cards have to be stated after every turn so that teammates have enough time to move off of to be nuked territories.

And because it can be difficult to locate some territories I tend to label the color of the player who owns the territory to be nuked i.e. RGBYTPOS then trying to tell ur teammates what color the actual card is... it is getting confusing and difficult when also discussing strategy.

Often times, card chat gets pushed out before a 3rd or 4th teammate gets his turn to read through chat. Normally people dont like scrolling up the chat to read everything.

This would make team games, particularly among nuke games, much easier to communicate and navigate.

Thanks. If this is redundant I guess we can repost on the old link at the top?
-JS-
Major JustCallMeStupid

Re: Team Cards Visable

Postby eddie2 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:41 am

i agree with what you are saying if they cannot do this, how about highlighting cards your team has so u can warn them as only your own cards get highlighted as owned territories but not team mates
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:09 pm

nice idea
General Blitzaholic

Postby Dako on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:19 pm

Yes, I second this.
Colonel Dako

Postby Bruceswar on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Terrible idea... if your team cannot take the 2 seconds needed to post what cards you have then you are not a very good teammate. Post your cards, or suck it up. 100% not needed.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby JCKing on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:42 pm

I agree with Bruce on this one. Team games are about communication, and it takes what a max of 20 seconds to post, if you have dial up? Down with this idea :).
Colonel JCKing

Postby yeti_c on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:55 pm

I actually disagree with the above 2 posters - not everyone plays in set teams - and sometimes comms aren't reliable here at CC...

The problem however is how to display this information.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby AAFitz on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:08 pm

yeti_c wrote:I actually disagree with the above 2 posters - not everyone plays in set teams - and sometimes comms aren't reliable here at CC...

C.

perhaps it could somehow be listed in team chat when someone gets card... I imagine this is easier to say than do
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby yeti_c on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:03 am

AAFitz wrote:
yeti_c wrote:I actually disagree with the above 2 posters - not everyone plays in set teams - and sometimes comms aren't reliable here at CC...

C.

perhaps it could somehow be listed in team chat when someone gets card... I imagine this is easier to say than do

That could work - quite nicely...

Alternatively - the Log could be tweaked - we already have player/team based logs for FOW - instead of "Gets spoils" for you/team mates - it could say "Got United Kingdom Spoils."

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Re: Ability to see teammates cards/spoils [Pending]

Postby stahrgazer on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Good idea.

While teams should communicate and read gamechat, people should read game logs as well.
"Read gamelog" did not prevent the site (Lack) from programming information on how many territories and armies an opponent has; likewise, "Read gamechat" should not prevent the site (Lack) from programming information about what spoils teammates have.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:58 pm

C.

Negative... weather this is your first game with someone or 500th matters not. Ask them to list their cards. If they do not likely you do not want to team with them as they are not looking at chat anyhow.

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:08 pm

AAFitz wrote:

C.

nice idea fitzy. =D>
General Blitzaholic

Postby yeti_c on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:42 am

Bruceswar wrote:

C.

Negative... weather this is your first game with someone or 500th matters not. Ask them to list their cards. If they do not likely you do not want to team with them as they are not looking at chat anyhow.

Well indeed - but you are already teamed with them - because like I say - some people just join games regardless of who's on their team...

You are saying you don't want this because you play with set team members - and these team members are obviously good at team games (I assume this because you say that you wouldn't want to team with people that don't list their cards)... This means that you don't want this addition because you want your opposing team to not have this advantage...

I wish people around here would purvey their opinions based on the good of the site or the good of the game - and not the good of their score.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:02 am

yeti_c wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

C.

Well indeed - but you are already teamed with them - because like I say - some people just join games regardless of who's on their team...

You are saying you don't want this because you play with set team members - and these team members are obviously good at team games (I assume this because you say that you wouldn't want to team with people that don't list their cards)... This means that you don't want this addition because you want your opposing team to not have this advantage...

I wish people around here would purvey their opinions based on the good of the site or the good of the game - and not the good of their score.

C.

The good of the game as lack intended ( I hope) would be for skill to win out over things like this. In a game where only so many moves can be made, small things like this separate the good from the not so good many more times than not. BTW I play with random partners. If they do not post their cards I am not likely to play with them again if it was a key situation. This is what separates the men from the boys. Why try and make everybody equal? Where does skill come into play and or attention to detail?

At this rate we might as well have a script that will predict an optimal move for us, and tell us where and how to drop and attack. Seems like where all this is headed.

BTW my most regular partners need not say much in chat at all. We know what to expect from each other. We do all still list our cards.

My not so regular partners and or randoms, I use chat to see what plan they are on and also we list our cards. If someone does not at least read chat or post cards then well you know.

Postby rockfist on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:18 am

Bruceswar wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

C.

C.

The good of the game as lack intended ( I hope) would be for skill to win out over things like this. In a game where only so many moves can be made, small things like this separate the good from the not so good many more times than not. BTW I play with random partners. If they do not post their cards I am not likely to play with them again if it was a key situation. This is what separates the men from the boys. Why try and make everybody equal? Where does skill come into play and or attention to detail?

At this rate we might as well have a script that will predict an optimal move for us, and tell us where and how to drop and attack. Seems like where all this is headed.

BTW my most regular partners need not say much in chat at all. We know what to expect from each other. We do all still list our cards.

My not so regular partners and or randoms, I use chat to see what plan they are on and also we list our cards. If someone does not at least read chat or post cards then well you know.

He is correct on this. I have a team of Trips where we have won a no spoils game and the only things we said were "nice round" or "bad dice" in the entire game. When you play a lot together you don't need to say a lot, but you do communicate cards. There is no need to dummy down the game.
Major rockfist

Postby Rocketry on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:34 am

Bruceswar wrote:Terrible idea... if your team cannot take the 2 seconds needed to post what cards you have then you are not a very good teammate. Post your cards, or suck it up. 100% not needed.

BOB isn't needed.... all the info it provides could be worked out yourself by hand if you took enough notice of the game from the beginning but this suggestion would make the process easier, just like BOB. Would like to see it implemented!

Rocket.
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:52 am

Rocketry wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:Terrible idea... if your team cannot take the 2 seconds needed to post what cards you have then you are not a very good teammate. Post your cards, or suck it up. 100% not needed.

BOB isn't needed.... all the info it provides could be worked out yourself by hand if you took enough notice of the game from the beginning but this suggestion would make the process easier, just like BOB. Would like to see it implemented!

Rocket.

Agreed, Rocketry... this is no more "necessary" than BoB or the new stats are necessary for gameplay; it's just a suggestion that can make things easier for the player, like the stats and like the addons. Because it can make things easier for play, it's a good suggestion.

Otherwise, if we're going to discard things because they're not necessary or they dummy down the games, we should eliminate the stats Lack's been working to perfect; and make use of bob-type tools illegal.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby yeti_c on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:18 am

rockfist wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

C.

He is correct on this. I have a team of Trips where we have won a no spoils game and the only things we said were "nice round" or "bad dice" in the entire game. When you play a lot together you don't need to say a lot, but you do communicate cards. There is no need to dummy down the game.

All of your points are to help you two win team games against lesser co-ordinated teams...

Once again - you both need to try to take yourself out of the equation... think about the game - not personal gain.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Dako on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Actually, I agree with C here. It will ease the game. It will not change the things much - better players are still better. This will just bring everyone on a slightly more equal level. And definitely, it will be more easier to play team games.

So I like this idea.
Colonel Dako

Re: Ability to see teammates cards/spoils [Pending]

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:06 am

This same topic is being discussed in the "Team Cards Visable" topic

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=107280

And I believe that we have come up with a solution for it.

i.e. have the Team members cards be displayed in the Log file when they are earned.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Re:

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Gilligan wrote:
AK_iceman wrote:I don't like it. Team games are all about communication, if you want to know what cards your partner has, then just ask them.

But, in a very good chance, another partner doesn't even look at the chat. If they do end up losing because of this reason, it's not fair to person that wants to communicate but the other partner won't reply in the chat.

You could also play a game with a player who isn't allowed to chat....this players exist, right?
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions