Conquer Club

Friends / Foe List [Done]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Friends List?

Postby mbohn2 on Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:18 pm

We have an ignore list....why not a friends list? Then we could add names of players we enjoyed playing against to the list and possibly create games and send an invite for the game to everyone on the list. If it has been suggested before i apologize. But it was a thought......
Captain mbohn2

Postby aceage on Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:27 pm

also, along with that on the friends list, if it told us which one of our friends is on at the same time as ours, that would make making doubles games so much easier. And as he/ she said before, if this has already been sugested, then i am sorry.
Sergeant 1st Class aceage

Re: Friends List?

Postby Rocketry on Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:28 pm

mbohn2 wrote:We have an ignore list....why not a friends list? Then we could add names of players we enjoyed playing against to the list and possibly create games and send an invite for the game to everyone on the list. If it has been suggested before i apologize. But it was a thought......

this has deff come up before but its an ab-fab idea.

Starry Rocketry
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby misterman10 on Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:31 pm

TO-DO LIST :arrow:
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby Coleman on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:00 pm

This comes up so much maybe it should have a higher priority? I know lack will just say waiting for newer version of the forum code first, but that could be forever.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby misterman10 on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:14 pm

Coleman wrote:This comes up so much maybe it should have a higher priority? I know lack will just say waiting for newer version of the forum code first, but that could be forever.
It's already out actually, and it has been for 3 months or so. Maybe he's waiting for the new phpbb that comes out in 3 years?

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby moz976 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:23 am

misterman10 wrote:
Coleman wrote:This comes up so much maybe it should have a higher priority? I know lack will just say waiting for newer version of the forum code first, but that could be forever.
It's already out actually, and it has been for 3 months or so. Maybe he's waiting for the new phpbb that comes out in 3 years?

Actually PHPBB3 is still in Release Candidate which means that it is not ready for production yet. They say it will be available soon and I know Lack is checking their site almost daily waiting for the final version.
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

Friend list

Postby alex52e on Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:39 am

Maybe I'm missing it, but I still don't see a friend list anywhere. It appears the last message on this thread was 09 Jun 2006. Is the friend list there somewhere and I don't see it? Is the idea dead?
Corporal alex52e

Postby Herakilla on Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:04 am

i think its coming with the next version of phpbb or something
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby misterman10 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:22 am

been suggested many times, and is on the to-do list. Next time, read that first, and use the form

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby alex52e on Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:12 pm

I apologize for making this a new topic. I clicked on the wrong button. Like I said in my post, I have not seen a recent post on this topic so I wanted to find out if it was going to happen or if it had been tabled.
Corporal alex52e

Postby Loudawg on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:16 am

can the list of friends also include your friends highlighted that are currently active and on the site at the moment that you are reviewing your friends list? I have no problem saving messages from people I play with, so I dont have to go searching for their names, it knowing whether their on or not that kills me. I hate endlessly messaging people that are not on, missing them, trying to cordinate when they will be on ect. it would be much easier if I just knew who was on that I knew and wanted to play with. If you arent on when I am trying to set up games then who cares lol feel me?
she ate my enema and left me nothing to lick
Colonel Loudawg

Location: hong kong macau vietnam philippines taiwan thailand indonesia

Postby Skittles! on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:58 am

AndyDufresne wrote:He's getting to it, sheesh! Now that he's on full time, and he's back from his vacation, we'll have many more frequent updates. Look for some great fun in the future!

--Andy

Woo, I love these frequent updates! They're so rocking, how many have we had since May? 2? Woo, go frequent updates! :roll:

As to Loudawg, I don't 'feel you' but I get what you are saying. An indicator which shows your friends online. I think that also is getting implemented with the list, but if it's not, it'll soon (soon = maybe another few months) get implement.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Iliad on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:16 am

AndyDufresne wrote:He's getting to it, sheesh! Now that he's on full time, and he's back from his vacation, we'll have many more frequent updates. Look for some great fun in the future!

--Andy

Yeah. They were good but we had only 2. It's been a long time since an update
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby yeti_c on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:22 am

FWIW's I know of plenty of little updates that are done on an adhoc basis that some members may not see...

If you paid attention you'd've noticed that Lack spent a week updating the XML tester with lots of code...

Also he's done a few things with regards to GreaseMonkey additions for the AJAX code.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Twill on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:45 am

phpBB3 is in it's last Release Candidate, which means it should be out soon, then we need to get our hands on it to install it, tweak it and modify it to our needs - give it a bit longer, but once it does come it will have buddy lists with "who's online now" build in, as well as Jabber IM support built in (IM you buddies inside CC - finally a REALLY easy way to cooordinate those team games)

It will let Lack do lots of new stuff with the site and let me do lots of new stuff with the forum.

In the mean time, Lack is hunkered down in his cave trying to push out the update. It's coming, it's coming :)
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:28 am

Am I correct in thinking that when the new forum update does make its appearance that we will have the capability to send PMs to multiple people at once? Or is that a phantom of my imagination? Just curious mostly because I could do some serious stuff with tournaments if I had that capability.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Loudawg on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:30 pm

Twill wrote:phpBB3 is in it's last Release Candidate, which means it should be out soon, then we need to get our hands on it to install it, tweak it and modify it to our needs - give it a bit longer, but once it does come it will have buddy lists with "who's online now" build in, as well as Jabber IM support built in (IM you buddies inside CC - finally a REALLY easy way to cooordinate those team games)

It will let Lack do lots of new stuff with the site and let me do lots of new stuff with the forum.

In the mean time, Lack is hunkered down in his cave trying to push out the update. It's coming, it's coming :)

Thanks Twill : ) its great to have you back btw
Colonel Loudawg

Location: hong kong macau vietnam philippines taiwan thailand indonesia

Postby spinwizard on Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:17 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:Am I correct in thinking that when the new forum update does make its appearance that we will have the capability to send PMs to multiple people at once? Or is that a phantom of my imagination? Just curious mostly because I could do some serious stuff with tournaments if I had that capability.

That would be a fantastic update
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby moz976 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:39 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:Am I correct in thinking that when the new forum update does make its appearance that we will have the capability to send PMs to multiple people at once? Or is that a phantom of my imagination? Just curious mostly because I could do some serious stuff with tournaments if I had that capability.

From what the PHPBB3 features page says you will have the ability to send pms to multiple people and to groups.
"The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'
They get so excited, nothing gets in their way
My road it may be lonely just because it's not paved.
It's good for drifting, drifting away."
-Vedder
Private moz976

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:18 pm

moz976 wrote:

From what the PHPBB3 features page says you will have the ability to send pms to multiple people and to groups.

Well, then it looks like the fun will really begin when that comes out then. :wink:
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby spinwizard on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:24 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
moz976 wrote:

Well, then it looks like the fun will really begin when that comes out then. :wink:

lol, massive tournys...now all we need is a way 2 start multiple games at the same time... :wink:
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:42 pm

Not necessarily massive, just more than the 9 I currently run, that's all.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Wild_Tiger on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:07 pm

I don't have friends, useless to me
I got beaten by 2 privates and all I got was this lousy feedback!
General Wild_Tiger

Friend's list

Postby Con-queerer on Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:35 pm

Hey. I think this might already be in the works, but I would love a friend's list that would tell me if my friends are on or not. Like MSN Messenger and Yahoo messenger, if you put your friend's id on your list it will tell you if they are on or not and you can message them. If it's already in the works tell me about it! Thanks so much!

P.S. I play Conquerclub like at least 3 times a day! I love it! Thanks so much!
Private Con-queerer

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions