Conquer Club

[SCBD] Scoreboard For Single Player Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[SCBD] Scoreboard For Single Player Games

Postby gordon1975 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:26 am

this has probably been asked before,i dont visit here to often so sorry,i know that it would cause far too much trouble to change the scoreboard overall,but I feel there must be thousands of members on this great site that only play single player games and cant see how they compare (points wise) to other like-minded players on the scoreboard,Playing team games seems to be the only way to get to the top and stay there.(no offense to team players everyone up there deserve to be)so i think there must be a some way of addressing this problem,
the only thing i can come up with is on the scoreboard some kinda icon besides your name that shows that the player isn't a team player,then we can tell who's up there as the best and everyone can gauge where they are.

is this possible? or just a silly idea?

any ideas welcome

many thanks

gordon1975

PS..think all you cc staff are doing a grand job anyways
God can judge my enemies, i will arrange the meeting.
Lieutenant gordon1975

Re: Scoreboard For Single Player Games

Postby blakebowling on Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:18 am

how would you determine if the player was a "team player" or not. I'm pretty sure everyone plays team games occasionally (at least once)
BTW: you didnt use the form
form wrote:Concise description:
  • xxxxxxx

Specifics:
  • xxxxxxx

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • xxxxxxx (you can obviously delete this for bug reports)
  • xxxxxxx
Private blakebowling

Postby Scott-Land on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:18 am

I think it would solve the problem if they implemented an average of your opponents rank/score on your profile page or average rank/score beaten. You can gauge a player by his opponents. Certainly tell if they're farming points from 1000 pt new recruits, beating up low rank dubs teams, to high rank top shelf games where the average would be 2700+.
Major Scott-Land

ranking list for singles games

Postby rutty on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:08 am

I think it would be a good idea if we could have an (additional) scoreboard/ranking list which only takes into account points won and lost in singles games(non team games). It is easier to gain points in team games then in Singles games by simply choosing very strong team mates. It's much harder to gain points if one has to win the points on one's own. It would be very good to see who is the strongest singles player.

regards,

Rutty
Major rutty

Re: ranking list for singles games

Postby anonymus on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:58 am

i beg to differ..
freestyle (speed) esc 8player farming seems to be a very good way to gain points.. im not saying that it is easy, but if you are good at it it seems to pay off (or for that matter city mogul speed freestyle or oasis speed freestyle or other big, semi-complex maps where it pays off to be quick).

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Cook anonymus

Postby rutty on Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:54 am

freestyle is definately an issue in that regard. is it still possible to use klikkies (not sure of spelling)?
Major rutty

Postby greenoaks on Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:57 am

rutty wrote:freestyle is definately an issue in that regard. is it still possible to use klikkies (not sure of spelling)?

clickies :D
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby JBlombier on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:59 am

greenoaks wrote:
rutty wrote:freestyle is definately an issue in that regard. is it still possible to use klikkies (not sure of spelling)?

clickies :D

And yes, it is.
Major JBlombier

Postby rutty on Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:52 am

so to really know who is best we need a singles ranking excluding freestyle
Major rutty

Postby codeblue1018 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:59 am

rutty wrote:so to really know who is best we need a singles ranking excluding freestyle

How about a dual category in regard to freestyle singles and sequential singles? I gotta believe the particular settings are close in total games played with maybe the edge in freestyle.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby Woodruff on Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:11 pm

I love this idea - MapRank tells me that in 1-vs-1 matches, I am a Brigadier. Seriously.

(Which seems very strange to me...)
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:44 pm

I think eventually the scoreboard can be set up with drop downs to choose any category.

You can already use map rank to check your stats on specific areas.

It should be a matter of time that you can do it on main CC.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby tokle on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:04 pm

Woodruff wrote:I love this idea - MapRank tells me that in 1-vs-1 matches, I am a Brigadier. Seriously.

And I'm a Field Marshall. :o
But it's not an accurate way of counting points. Because we've won those points at the officer level we are at, and if we had had a higher score we would have won less points off those games.
ImageImage
Major tokle

Postby ljex on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:06 pm

tokle wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I love this idea - MapRank tells me that in 1-vs-1 matches, I am a Brigadier. Seriously.

And I'm a Field Marshall. :o
But it's not an accurate way of counting points. Because we've won those points at the officer level we are at, and if we had had a higher score we would have won less points off those games.

yeah i should be conqueror, im +9000 points on freestyle
Captain ljex

Postby Pirlo on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:12 am

lmao.. everyone seems to like to customize a certain scoreboard in which he gets higher :lol:
Major Pirlo

Postby ljex on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:12 am

Pirlo wrote:lmao.. everyone seems to like to customize a certain scoreboard in which he gets higher :lol:

I actually like the scoreboard the way it is, based on all settings. Different scoreboards would make things confusing and complicated and require a lot of backtracking through old games to fix at this point.
Captain ljex

Postby Commander62890 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:18 am

rutty wrote:I think it would be a good idea if we could have an (additional) scoreboard/ranking list which only takes into account points won and lost in singles games(non team games). It is easier to gain points in team games then in Singles games by simply choosing very strong team mates. It's much harder to gain points if one has to win the points on one's own. It would be very good to see who is the strongest singles player.

The problem with your suggestion, Rutty, which both Tokle and Ljex touched upon, is that points gained in an individual setting are too easily manipulated. As you saw with Ljex's example, he is +9,000 in Freestyle, but has only had around 4,500 at any given time.

Blitzaholic is +18,000 in trips and quads.

For the most popularized and extreme example, Mageplunka is something like +20,000 points in speed doodle assassins, which usually make anyone below Major drop rank.

Because it is so easily manipulated, it proves very little, especially skill-wise.

If you want to have a little fun, Rutty, MapRank youself. Otherwise, there's nothing that should be done. The current scoreboard has its flaws, but the way that points can be manipulated in the current system is nothing compared to the way they can be manipulated if we start narrowing down the search.

And, HA, I don't even think it's worth it to have it as an option. It's just a waste of space and will only serve to delude less perceptive people into thinking they are better than they actually are.

Damn, I must be lost. How did I end up in suggs?

And what ever happened to my, "Create a new rank at 4,000" thread?
Nobody cares? I'm never going to hit 4k in my life, but it's still annoying to me.
Major Commander62890

Postby Commander62890 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:44 pm

Damn, threads always seem to die after I give a speech
Major Commander62890

Postby JamesKer1 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:36 pm

Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Return to Suggestions