Conquer Club

Which add-ons would you like to see built in first?

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby Queen_Herpes on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:39 am

chapcrap wrote:MOD EDIT:

For any site addon that you'd like to see incorporated, please create a new thread for specific things about the addon that you'd like to be able to use. Such as this one that was created for the snapshot portion of BOB: viewtopic.php?f=535&t=192998

In the coming weeks, I will compile links to suggestions to turn an add-on (script, greasemonkey, BOB, maprank, whatever) into a built-in component to the site.

This week we happily received the clickable maps (previously an add-on) as a built-in component to the site. Post here if you would like to see other applications made into permanent aspects of the site.

I'm taking a cue from another suggestion and self-reserving the next two posts so that more information can be added in those posts and edited over time...polls will come and go...results will order the add-ons in list of community desired priority...

List of add-ons in order of community desire:
  • First poll will determine the initial list

Links to various suggestions about turning an add-on into a built-in and a list of the add-ons that don't have a suggestion associated with them:
  • Turn chatglove into a built-in. This allows for easier communication between teammates:
    http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 19&start=0
  • Find all games with XXX and you. AKA "Have I played this person before?"
    http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 51&start=0
  • Provide maprank for all users
  • Some of BOB (map inspect, snapshots)
  • Assault Odds
  • Clan Rank
  • Conquer Club Watcher
  • Tell Me When Notifier (icon)
  • Turn Watch
  • BOB
  • Dice Analyser
  • In-game Analysis
  • Map Rank GL
  • Score Charts
  • Games Filter
  • Hide Annoying Signatures
  • Hide Unwanted User Posts
  • Floating Game Chat
  • Game Link
  • Game Jump
  • Watch This Game
  • Saved Searches
  • Conquer Club Speed Turns (extension)
  • ConquerTell Notifier (extension)
  • Saved Searches For IE
  • Mac OSX Dashboard Notifier
  • Conquer Club Maps And Mapmaker Webpage

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will help group those add-ons that users like the most into one place where hopefully they can one day be built into the site
Last edited by Queen_Herpes on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Re: Which add-ons would you like to see built in first?

Postby Queen_Herpes on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:39 am

I will post poll results here in the future...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby Queen_Herpes on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:40 am

I will post additional thoughts from other posters here in the future...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby Woodruff on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Why in God's name is this stickied?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby blakebowling on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:02 pm

because I stickied it. I asked QH to make and maintain a list of the suggestions which are currently implemented by addons. This should help prioritize where the community stands on them.
Private blakebowling

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:54 am

ugh bad idea... I vote neither... There are more pressing issues... QH and suggestions.. sigh
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby Qwert on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:15 am

well these i want to see implemented and activated in CC,im all ready explane everything in these links
------------------------------------------------------------
game log notification for assasin games

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=132144

-------------------------------------------------------------
Mapboard

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=123804

show only active tournament in game finder

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=128086

--------------------------------------------------------------
MVP SCOREBOARD (monthly)

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=65747

---------------------------------------------------------------
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:04 am

qwert wrote:well these i want to see implemented and activated in CC,im all ready explane everything in these links
------------------------------------------------------------
game log notification for assasin games

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=132144

Mapboard

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=123804

show only active tournament in game finder

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=128086

--------------------------------------------------------------
MVP SCOREBOARD (monthly)

viewtopic.php?f=535&t=65747

---------------------------------------------------------------

qwert, this isn't which suggestion you would like to see implemented, it's which ADD-ON's, such as BOB, Map Rank, chat glove, etc to be implemented onto the site. It's not a place to advertise your own suggestions.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Bruceswar wrote:ugh bad idea... I vote neither... There are more pressing issues... QH and suggestions.. sigh

What is your problem? This is a work in progress. I'm going to get all of the suggestions together that ask for an add-on to be integrated into the site. CHeck your attitude, dude.

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby greenoaks on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:31 am

why don't you just give us a list of all the add-ons
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:40 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:ugh bad idea... I vote neither... There are more pressing issues... QH and suggestions.. sigh

What is your problem? This is a work in progress. I'm going to get all of the suggestions together that ask for an add-on to be integrated into the site. CHeck your attitude, dude.

None at all, but seeing how your unlock idea went, I am sure you understand why people are skeptical.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby Doc_Brown on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:51 pm

edit - deleted.

I apologize. I posted something intended to be humorous, but I think it was more offensive than I meant it to be. Post removed.
Last edited by Doc_Brown on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Doc_Brown

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:What about combining this with QH's other suggestion? The Add-ons are implemented, but you can't actually use them until you unlock them by winning a certain number of games. It would be like World of Warcraft where you don't get the more advanced abilities until you rank up to a certain level. And everyone like WoW, so obviously implementing the concept here would attract many more people to this site!

Let's not devolve this with baiting, Doc_Brown.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby greenoaks on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:26 am

Doc_Brown wrote:What about combining this with QH's other suggestion? The Add-ons are implemented, but you can't actually use them until you unlock them by winning a certain number of games. It would be like World of Warcraft where you don't get the more advanced abilities until you rank up to a certain level. And everyone like WoW, so obviously implementing the concept here would attract many more people to this site!

or they are only unlocked by paying for membership

it is the premiums paying for the development of additional features
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Streaker on Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:06 am

greenoaks wrote:

This isn't a bad idea. Unluck features such as BOB (built-in) with premium membership. Premium gets more content and we have more advantages for spending our money here.
First Tournament Victory: Game 6518858

Image[/quote]
Captain Streaker

Postby greenoaks on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:38 am

Streaker wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

This isn't a bad idea. Unluck features such as BOB (built-in) with premium membership. Premium gets more content and we have more advantages for spending our money here.

and if your premium lapses you loose those features. pay up and once again you enjoy the full CC experience
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby OliverFA on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:02 am

My humble opinion: Don't implement any existing add-on. We already have the functionality throught the add-on, and incorporating the functionality in the site is only a waste of the precious scarce resources available for CC development.

As an example, if Bob was implemented in the site, we would not get anything because we already use Bob. But we would lose another feature that could had been implemented but was not.

Better use that development time for more XML updates. That will result in better maps. Maps are the soul of the site. A great interface without maps would be worth nothing.

Or use the development time to implement engine updates. Like Infected Neutrals. Or Adjacent Attacks. Providing more variety to the site and thus more interest.

My favourite browser is Internet Explorer, but I don't have any problem using Firefox for CC so I can use all the add-ons. I don't see it so hard.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby Woodruff on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:49 pm

greenoaks wrote:why don't you just give us a list of all the add-ons

Really...then maybe we all vote for them? This seems like the more efficient method.

OliverFA wrote:My favourite browser is Internet Explorer, but I don't have any problem using Firefox for CC so I can use all the add-ons. I don't see it so hard.

Some people literally CAN'T use Firefox as their browser. I used to work at a place that REQUIRED Internet Explorer. No, it wasn't at MicroSoft. <grin>
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:33 pm

OliverFA wrote:My humble opinion: Don't implement any existing add-on. We already have the functionality throught the add-on, and incorporating the functionality in the site is only a waste of the precious scarce resources available for CC development.

Agree 100%.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby OliverFA on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Woodruff wrote:Some people literally CAN'T use Firefox as their browser. I used to work at a place that REQUIRED Internet Explorer. No, it wasn't at MicroSoft. <grin>

But CC is supposed to be played from home or a similar place. Definitely not from work. Usually, people have full access to computers they used for leisure.

It's just my opinion, but I think that expanding the game will bring (and retain) a lot more players than improving the interface. Of course, if both things can be done, that's even better. But if I have to choose between interface or gameplay features, I choose the second.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:40 pm

OliverFA wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Some people literally CAN'T use Firefox as their browser. I used to work at a place that REQUIRED Internet Explorer. No, it wasn't at MicroSoft. <grin>

But CC is supposed to be played from home or a similar place. Definitely not from work. Usually, people have full access to computers they used for leisure.

It's just my opinion, but I think that expanding the game will bring (and retain) a lot more players than improving the interface. Of course, if both things can be done, that's even better. But if I have to choose between interface or gameplay features, I choose the second.

Many workplaces also restrict internet access. We shouldn't be modeling CC to accommodate workplace restrictions.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Woodruff on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:49 pm

OliverFA wrote:

But CC is supposed to be played from home or a similar place. Definitely not from work.

Says who? I didn't see that anywhere when I logged in.

I don't really disagree with your position regarding add-ons, but I very much disagree with your rationale for it.

drunkmonkey wrote:
OliverFA wrote:

Many workplaces also restrict internet access. We shouldn't be modeling CC to accommodate workplace restrictions.

You DON'T KNOW what workplace restrictions may be in place. That's my point. You're presuming that ALL workplaces have those restrictions, and that certainly is not the case.

Postby drunkmonkey on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Woodruff wrote:You DON'T KNOW what workplace restrictions may be in place. That's my point. You're presuming that ALL workplaces have those restrictions, and that certainly is not the case.

I'm not presuming anything. I'm simply stating,
drunkmonkey wrote:We shouldn't be modeling CC to accommodate workplace restrictions.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Woodruff on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:16 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
Woodruff wrote:You DON'T KNOW what workplace restrictions may be in place. That's my point. You're presuming that ALL workplaces have those restrictions, and that certainly is not the case.

I'm not presuming anything. I'm simply stating,
drunkmonkey wrote:We shouldn't be modeling CC to accommodate workplace restrictions.

You are presuming - you DON'T KNOW what workplace restrictions may be in place. As I said before, that's my point. How can we possibly be "modeling CC to accomodate workplace restrictions" if we don't know what they are?

Postby OliverFA on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Woodruff wrote:
OliverFA wrote:

But CC is supposed to be played from home or a similar place. Definitely not from work.

Says who? I didn't see that anywhere when I logged in.

I don't really disagree with your position regarding add-ons, but I very much disagree with your rationale for it.

I think everyone made his point and gave his reasons. It's not really useful to continue debating about this. I only hope that the few resources available for CC development are used in the best way possible.

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions