Conquer Club

[Conf] Drop Game confirmation popup

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby hecter on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:47 pm

Until this little thing gets implemented...

This is a post I made about Greasemonkey BOB, but it works the same way as long as you replace BOB and it's descriptions with "Drop Game Confirmation" and it's descriptions, as well as the BOB link with this one instead:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/14245
I do recommend you get BOB if you don't already have it though.
hecter wrote:BOB is a greasemonkey script that runs on CC pages. What greasemonkey scripts do is alter what the page looks like and what happens when something happens or when you do something, ect. ect. It's essentially a program that runs on Firefox. What BOB in particular does it it will give you all sorts of stats and information on your games. It will tell you how much the next set is worth, the number of territories you and your opponents have, how many armies per turn you guys are getting, ect. ect., as well as a few other neat feature. I would really recommend getting it, but first you must be using Firefox, and you have to download greasemonkey.
http://www.getfirefox.com
Download Firefox via that link.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
Download greasemonkey via that one (just click the big green button...).
After you've got greasemonkey installed, click this link:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/13076
Now you've got BOB :D Just go in your game, and change the settings to what you want. Set your map opacity, chart type, text map, and all that stuff. But, remember, this will slow down your computer on some maps (Conquerman is particularly slow). If you want to turn it off, just look in the bottom right hand corner and click the little monkey. After you click him, he should be black and white and frowning. To turn it back on, just click him again to make him smile and in colour.

Now that you've got BOB (or do you?), there are a few other scripts you can get, such as the Dice Analyzer, Saved Searches, Clickable Maps, and an addon or two for Firefox as well, such as Conquertell. Check out the Plug-ins and Add-ons forum for these, and just post in there or in Q&A if you have any more questions :D
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Drop Game Button

Postby RedRing on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:02 pm

Suggestion: Can you make a prompt that asks if we are sure we wish to drop a game? Because the Drop Game Button looks so similar to the enter game button, I tend to subconsciously think it is the "Enter Game" button and press it in order to get a larger view of the map that I'm awaiting players in but end up dropping it. This may very well just be a problem that only I have, but it's happened a couple of times, or at least change the color of the font and move the drop game button to a different spot. Prompt is probably easier though...
Sergeant RedRing

Re: Drop Game Button

Postby Darwins_Bane on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:19 am

fill out the form and this will get looked at much faster.
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ā€¹Khan22ā€ŗ wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ā€¹TheForgivenOneā€ŗ No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby RedRing on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:04 am

the what now?
Sergeant RedRing

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:48 am

The form, that writing that we so kindly asked you to fill out, but you ignored.

The Form wrote:Concise description:
  • xxxxxxx

Specifics/Details:
  • xxxxxxx

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • xxxxxxx
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby RedRing on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:27 pm

Ok, where is this form, and how was I supposed to come across it? Because I am lost. I didn't see it mentioned in the forum guidelines.
Sergeant RedRing

Postby Woodruff on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:03 pm

RedRing wrote:Ok, where is this form, and how was I supposed to come across it? Because I am lost. I didn't see it mentioned in the forum guidelines.

When you clicked on "new topic", it handed the form to you. You promptly deleted it and posted in it's place.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:48 pm

Darwins_Bane wrote:fill out the form and this will get looked at much faster.

Yes, fill out the form, guywhohasneverpostedinsugsbefore, I'm sure you will be back!

As to this suggestion, I think it is a goodone. A lot of the buttons on this site look similar, are placed in teh same location, etc. Perhaps we can get different colored buttons for different actions?
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Drop Game Button Problematic

Postby DeathFirst on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:56 am

Does anyone else have this problem?

When awaiting players for a game the "Drop Game" button is in the same place where "Enter Game" is for active games. I've inadvertently dropped games while awaiting players just because I wanted to look at the map and clicked where I would usually to do that. Maybe it's just a n00b mistake, but I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if so, how hard it would be to change.

Thanks for you time.

-DF
Lieutenant DeathFirst

Re: Drop Game Button Problematic

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:47 am

I've done the same thing more than a few times. Maybe an "Are you sure?" dialog would suffice.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:23 pm

DeathFirst wrote:Does anyone else have this problem?

When awaiting players for a game the "Drop Game" button is in the same place where "Enter Game" is for active games. I've inadvertently dropped games while awaiting players just because I wanted to look at the map and clicked where I would usually to do that. Maybe it's just a n00b mistake, but I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if so, how hard it would be to change.

Thanks for you time.

-DF

This is how it is for everyone.

Once you are here longer, it should happen less frequently.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Agreed, though it is still a pain sometimes.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: Drop Game confirmation popup

Postby JamesKer1 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:15 pm

Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Previous

Return to Suggestions