NO
8%
SOMEWHAT
16%

Total votes : 38

Re: Add Rating For Tournament

Postby greenoaks on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:24 pm

chapcrap wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:i'd sure like to see something like this suggestion happen. instead of all the clunky adjustments on game finder page. ( which irritate me to no end ) :-$

for the record i am against taking away a medal for a succesfully completed tournament.... no matter how badly it was run. RL stuff happens and where would the line be drawn. some of my tournaments are pretty wild in style and i'm not sure how to set them up. so it's kind of like a trial run to make adjustments for a "better" sequel.

so. i support a ratings system. just not having people strip you of a medal just because they did not get what they expected out of the tourney.

Would you rather have the rating be attached to the tournament or the tournament organizer? Or both?

In my view, I think rating a tournament is the way to go and have it be reflected on the TO. So, you could rate every tournament you play in, even if the same TO has ran many of them.

do i get to rate the players in the tournament for how quickly they joined, took their turns, politeness towards other players & the host, etc ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:37 pm

greenoaks wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:i'd sure like to see something like this suggestion happen. instead of all the clunky adjustments on game finder page. ( which irritate me to no end ) :-$

for the record i am against taking away a medal for a succesfully completed tournament.... no matter how badly it was run. RL stuff happens and where would the line be drawn. some of my tournaments are pretty wild in style and i'm not sure how to set them up. so it's kind of like a trial run to make adjustments for a "better" sequel.

so. i support a ratings system. just not having people strip you of a medal just because they did not get what they expected out of the tourney.

Would you rather have the rating be attached to the tournament or the tournament organizer? Or both?

In my view, I think rating a tournament is the way to go and have it be reflected on the TO. So, you could rate every tournament you play in, even if the same TO has ran many of them.

do i get to rate the players in the tournament for how quickly they joined, took their turns, politeness towards other players & the host, etc ?

Anything is possible when you use your imagination!! ;)

That could try to be incorporated in if we felt like it was a good idea, but what's the point of it except to rate them in a vindictive manner?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:27 pm

chapcrap wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Anything is possible when you use your imagination!! ;)

That could try to be incorporated in if we felt like it was a good idea, but what's the point of it except to rate them in a vindictive manner?

well that's what this suggestion is all about.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm sure any rating system could be abused or used in a vindictive manner, but if 1 or 2 people in a tournament rate you poorly and the rest rate you well, then it evens out. The point is so people can see good TO's from bad TO's. I've been in your tournaments and you're a good TO. I would think that you would welcome this so that you can get 32 people in those hard to fill maps.

In any case, I don't see what rating the players would accomplish.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:09 am

chapcrap wrote:I'm sure any rating system could be abused or used in a vindictive manner, but if 1 or 2 people in a tournament rate you poorly and the rest rate you well, then it evens out. The point is so people can see good TO's from bad TO's. I've been in your tournaments and you're a good TO. I would think that you would welcome this so that you can get 32 people in those hard to fill maps.

In any case, I don't see what rating the players would accomplish.

atm we can't say to a player 'you can't join because you are slow to take your turns' but according to this sug players can say,' don't join because they are slow to update'. i am against this sug but if it is implemented then both parties should have the ability to rate the other.
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: tournament organizer rating

Postby spiesr on Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:38 pm

Captain spiesr

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions