Conquer Club

Ratings Suggestion?

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Ratings Suggestion?

Postby sheilahsay on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:57 am

Hi,

You may have had this suggested already. In the ratings I was going over the balance of Positive, Negative and Neutral tags. There's more negative tags than positive and neutrals combined.

Another positive tag you may consider is, valiant. Also consider giving the person rating a player. A comment area of 'x' amount of characters. Twelve or 18 perhaps should be enough to leave a comment like; up n coming, memory lapse, puts cart b4 horse and one I would have said. "well played" "truce memory lapse".

Good Day,
Sheilah Say
[b]"Never under estimate the power of denial"[/b]
Sergeant 1st Class sheilahsay

Re: Ratings Suggestion?

Postby agentcom on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:34 pm

As Sirseb mentioned in Q&A in response to your post, the comments idea was the old ratings system and it was a nightmare to moderate. So that part of your suggestion won't happen. But as for the tags, we already have brave (whatever the hell that means). There are sufficient tags for well played. And other things like your truce memory lapse, you can use game chat or send a message to the offended user.

I'm going to send this over to ARCHIVES. Eventually, I (or somebody) will find/make a thread for suggested tags and we'll merge this one in there.
Colonel agentcom

Postby sheilahsay on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:05 pm

Thank you.
So if I come up with other tags there'll be a thread?
Tag say like, Steadfast, Analytical or Meticulous.

Included below are definitions for the words.
Particularly Steadfast and Trustworthy.
Often I found out most people believe the two have the same meaning.

-Steadfast
Resolutely or dutifully firm and unwavering.
-Trustworthy
Able to be relied on as honest or truthful.
-Meticulous
Showing great attention to detail; very careful and precise.
-Analytical
Relating to or using analysis or logical reasoning.

Sheilah

Postby agentcom on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:00 pm

sheilahsay wrote:Thank you.
So if I come up with other tags there'll be a thread?
Tag say like, Steadfast, Analytical or Meticulous.

Included below are definitions for the words.
Particularly Steadfast and Trustworthy.
Often I found out most people believe the two have the same meaning.

-Steadfast
Resolutely or dutifully firm and unwavering.
-Trustworthy
Able to be relied on as honest or truthful.
-Meticulous
Showing great attention to detail; very careful and precise.
-Analytical
Relating to or using analysis or logical reasoning.

Sheilah

Steadfast ... In what situation would you use this that you could not utilize the surplus of available tags

Trustworthy ... Do you ever actually rate other players? This is currently one of the options

Meticulous and analytical ... these are virtually synonyms, surely we don't need both. Aside from that, I return to what does this really add to the ratings?

Have you ever looked through people's ratings? Hardly anyone uses the tags at all. I actually wouldn't mind decreasing the available options:

Talkative ... I'm pretty sure that I've received this tag from opponents that meant it as a compliment and others that meant it as an insult

Irrational and reckless ... virtual synonyms

Suicider ... often overlaps with the above

Vindictive ... ditto

Sore loser ... ditto

These tags seem to expect an appreciation of nuance that I don't think reflects how people actually use these tags. One advantage of some of your proposals at least allow some better ways to give compliments to supplement the many ways we offer to criticize people's play.
Colonel agentcom

Postby sheilahsay on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Okay so my suggestions aren't so good.
What about taking what there is in the Tags and put them in so order. What I mean. Tags that reflect good together. The ones which reflect a neutral Tag together. The more critical ones together.

Surely you could not think this a bad idea.

I also have an unrelated idea. When going to a members profile to 'Find All Games With sheilahsay'.
There could be a search box on the members game page. So another member may search for certain maps the member played. Instead of going page by page trying to find all the game played on Classic Map.

Or is this to a bad idea.

Postby agentcom on Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 pm

If you have unrelated ideas, you may want to post them in an unrelated place for faster service :) This one probably could've been asked over on Q&A, where someone probably would tell you that you can go to Game Finder and restrict the search however you want.
Colonel agentcom

Return to Archived Suggestions