Conquer Club

Unjoin speed tournament if deadline is extended

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Unjoin speed tournament if deadline is extended

Postby xman5151 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:31 am

Concise description:
For speed tournaments that have an entry fee of stars (inventory), there should be an option to unjoin only if the tournament join start time is extended. I really love these speed tournaments, and think unjoining should generally not be allowed. But in this case I joined the tournament around 10:30pm, eventually a start time of 12:00 was posted, and was not full until 12:30. So it is still waiting and not started, but I cannot unjoin. As I write this my 1st round opponent missed his turns and lost via missing 3 turns, likely having joined 2 hours ago. And 6 out of the 16 round 1 games ended via missed turns in this specific tournament: http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... 9665896549

Specifics/Details:
(above)

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
This will provide more incentive to 'buy' into speed tournaments with stars, knowing that the start time posted will be met or you will be given a choice to unjoin only after the start time is passed by with a less than full entrant list. This will encourage more users to enter these tournaments knowing they can back-out if the tourney is not filled, thus not being stuck (hostage) in a tournament, which when started will miss turns and lose in round 1 if player can no longer be online.
Private xman5151

Re: Unjoin speed tournament if deadline is extended

Postby TheQuietOne on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:26 am

Seconded. I've been waiting around for speed tournaments to start after their scheduled time as well. If you have budgeted a certain length of time out of your day to complete a speed tournament, the uncertainty of not knowing when it will actually start pushes that time window back further and further and further. It's a disincentive to joining.
Major TheQuietOne

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:18 pm

Can't disagree. SUBMITTED

There needs to be a way to unjoin speed autotournaments if something happens. If if you do not get your inventory back, people should not be required to stay. Especially if the time is moved.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby bigWham on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:16 pm

This suggestion is currently moot, as the unjoin rules were changed to allow unjoining of all autotournaments.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Return to Archived Suggestions