Conquer Club

Conquer Cup VII - Change Map?

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Conquer Cup VII - Change Map?

Postby pjmac123 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:11 am

Sign up for Conquer Cup VII has been open for pretty much 6 months now, and we still haven't filled the roster. I am thinking this might be because of the map choice? Or perhaps the prize list? Not sure. Wouldn't you agree though that sign-up for this tourney has been open far too long? I suggest either we start early with a lower complement of players, or we change the tourney rules/conditions and start again...
Corporal 1st Class pjmac123

Re: Conquer Cup VII - Change Map?

Postby spiesr on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:44 am

Wouldn't changing any of the settings a the tournament be a bad idea, as people paid to sign up for it with certain settings?
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:56 am

spiesr wrote:Wouldn't changing any of the settings a the tournament be a bad idea, as people paid to sign up for it with certain settings?

i doubt anyone signed because it was midgard.
Major betiko

Postby D4 Damager on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:16 pm

betiko wrote:
spiesr wrote:Wouldn't changing any of the settings a the tournament be a bad idea, as people paid to sign up for it with certain settings?

It's still a bad idea to charge people money for something and then change the product afterwards.

I say: just start it already and go back to Classic for the next one.
Colonel D4 Damager

Postby betiko on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:22 pm

D4 Damager wrote:
betiko wrote:

It's still a bad idea to charge people money for something and then change the product afterwards.

I agree, people have paid and it s a bad idea to change at this point.
Concerning the idea of starting it already... Bad idea! This would f*ck up completely the structure.
Major betiko

Postby pjmac123 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:17 am

D4 Damager wrote:
betiko wrote:

Couldn't agree more, it's been long enough now, just start it the way it is and go back to classic for the next one.
Corporal 1st Class pjmac123

Postby spiesr on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:05 am

pjmac123 wrote:
D4 Damager wrote:
betiko wrote:

Couldn't agree more, it's been long enough now, just start it the way it is and go back to classic for the next one.
Once again, wouldn't starting it now be a disrespect to the people who paid to join expecting the structure to be:
Round 1: 5 player games (winners advance to Round 3)
Round 2: 4 player games (losers of Round 1 games play again, winner advances)
Rounds 3 - 6: 4 player games

Re: then next one. My thoughts on the matter would be to not start registration for another one any time soon as the visibly is not enough interest to do so currently. I think the "best" solution to the current one would be to cancel it and refund everybody's money/credits. Unfortunately I have a feeling that doing so might be infeasible.
Captain spiesr

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:10 pm

betiko wrote:
D4 Damager wrote:
betiko wrote:

I agree, people have paid and it s a bad idea to change at this point.
Concerning the idea of starting it already... Bad idea! This would f*ck up completely the structure.

There were plenty of people who were sick of using Classic all the time and were asking for different maps.

Midgard probably wasn't the best choice, but I think the reason they chose it was that a lot of the old guard have fond memories of that map, and they were hoping to tap into some nostalgia. Obviously, it didn't work, so they'll try something else for next time.

But anything is better than Classic! Not that it's a bad map, but that anyone who's been around a while is so sick of seeing it all the time.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:10 pm

To get it going sooner rather than later, it may make sense to simply take a $ hit on about 100 signups, and start giving some out to people, either randomly or specifically. Maybe even with the automated star system -- create a game and you get a chance to win entry into the Conquer Cup, etc.

But then again, it's easy to give away money that isn't yours!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby betiko on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:12 pm

I completely disagree. Classic is the best map to play multiplayer escalating, it never gets old, and it s the most popular map.

How about making a promotion; renew/buy premium get a conquer cup entry?
Major betiko

Return to Archived Suggestions