Conquer Club

Put the Forum link back where it was!

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Do you want the prominent Forum link back the way it was?

Yes. Forums are important to this site and should be easily accessible.
86%
No. It's just one extra click, and the community/events page is more important to highlight.
14%

Total votes : 90

Put the Forum link back where it was!

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:58 pm

Concise description:
Please put the Forum link back at the top of the page where it's easy to get to, and not tucked over in the corner or hidden behind a second intermediate page.

Specifics/Details:
The two links that I click on this site far more often than any other are "My Games" and "Forums." I suspect I am not uncommon in that practice either. "My Games" is conveniently located right at the top of the list on the left side of the page. "Forums" was a nice big link right at the top of the page and not too far from center. Now it's been relegated to a tiny link over in the far right corner, which is very tough to accurately hit on a smart phone. I don't really mind the community page, but I would rather see it replace the front page of the site and give me back the easy Forum link.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
One of the major strengths of this site is the great community. I've played at other online gaming sites that had nice features and options (some that I liked, in some ways, more than what is available here). They had clans, events, tournaments, and so on. What they lacked was a solid community of people and an active forum to chat and interact with them. As a result, I tended to get bored with those sites after a while and always ended up back here. I think the forums are of vital importance to the health of this site, and relegating them, or making them less accessible is a step in the wrong direction.
Last edited by Doc_Brown on Thu May 01, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Doc_Brown

Re: Put the Forum link back where it was!

Postby DaGip on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:07 pm

I guess to me I don't care either way. I have no problem with the tab being located in the top right hand corner of the page. I know where it is now. Also, the Community tab has a link as well. It takes one more click, but you will make it to the forums just fine. Surely people's lives do not hang in the balance over the one second of time it takes to click on the forum link on the Community Page?

Anyway, I guess I don't have a smart phone...so if that is an issue, perhaps the site should take that into consideration (since the majority of people on CC probably have smart phones).
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby dakky21 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:38 pm

Community link on the top is a right thing to do, thought FORUMS should be just next to it. Not in the right top corner...

And btw... improving this 8 years old design of CC leads to nothing.. either make a new one or stick to this one and don't change anything
Captain dakky21

Postby osujacket on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:45 pm

Agree

Forums need to be on front page.
Captain osujacket

Postby macbone on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:47 pm

My guess is this change is going to lead to a decrease in traffic to the forums, but possibly an increase in Event participation, as well as more readers for the Dispatch and more people going through the Academy.

This seems like a move to reduce the role of the forums on the site. I'll just have to retrain myself to click the link in the upper right.
Colonel macbone

Postby Gold Knight on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:52 pm

osujacket wrote:Agree

Forums need to be on front page.

+1
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu May 01, 2014 12:02 am

If status quo bias holds, then y'all won't care where the link is--after you get used to it.

If nothing changes, and since the Forum link's location will be known by all common forum-goers, then complaints will drop, and forum activity will continue as usual.

In order to refute my prediction, forum goers could make a bigger fuss about this in order to burn CC resources to get "FORUM" in its usual place.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby nagerous on Thu May 01, 2014 4:11 am

Can you put a poll up? It would be interesting to see how many support this change.
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Thu May 01, 2014 4:13 am

macbone wrote:My guess is this change is going to lead to a decrease in traffic to the forums, but possibly an increase in Event participation, as well as more readers for the Dispatch and more people going through the Academy.

This seems like a move to reduce the role of the forums on the site. I'll just have to retrain myself to click the link in the upper right.

Forums don't make the site money whilst events like the conquer cup and other stuff designed to make people buy premium. CC used to be a good site until it sold out to corporations and advertisements.
Captain nagerous

Postby DaGip on Thu May 01, 2014 4:42 am

nagerous wrote:Can you put a poll up? It would be interesting to see how many support this change.

I don't support it. Naturally I liked the tab where it was, but BBS is right...it will just take a little time before forum goers get over the change. I ain't gonna quit CC just because I disagree with their graphic design choices.
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby betiko on Thu May 01, 2014 5:07 am

nagerous wrote:
macbone wrote:My guess is this change is going to lead to a decrease in traffic to the forums, but possibly an increase in Event participation, as well as more readers for the Dispatch and more people going through the Academy.

Forums don't make the site money whilst events like the conquer cup and other stuff designed to make people buy premium. CC used to be a good site until it sold out to corporations and advertisements.

wrong. forums create tons of page views and inventory for banner ads, at least for freemiums. The site isn't living on it obviously, but the cc community is forum based. this site wouldn't be as fun without its forums.
Major betiko

Postby jghost7 on Thu May 01, 2014 5:59 am

Yes, please move it back, at least next to the community tab.

Thanks,

J
Major jghost7

Postby betiko on Thu May 01, 2014 8:10 am

thenobodies80 wrote:If you use greasemonkey and you want the forum link back, you need only to click here
Major betiko

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu May 01, 2014 8:56 am

DaGip wrote:I ain't gonna quit CC just because I disagree with their graphic design choices.

Yes, but I will. I want it back, and it has nothing to do with whether CC is making the right move. I am only still here because of the forums, and this move indicates that forum-goers are not that important to the administration. It does not make me feel welcome, and so I don't have much reason to stay.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby osujacket on Thu May 01, 2014 9:12 am

betiko wrote:
thenobodies80 wrote:If you use greasemonkey and you want the forum link back, you need only to click here

Knew somebody would do this..Thanks1!!
Captain osujacket

Postby Doc_Brown on Thu May 01, 2014 9:45 am

I added a poll as requested.
Major Doc_Brown

Postby owenshooter on Thu May 01, 2014 10:08 am

Subject: WHERE THE HELL IS THE FORUM TAB

owenshooter wrote:what an absolutely horrible decision this was... i can't even begin to understand the logic behind this one... hmmmmm... "hey, even though less than 1% of the declining CC population visit the forums, let's confuse the f*ck out of them and make the forum more difficult to find!!!" or maybe, "hey!!! let's put a new tab at the top and then put all the stuff we want people to look at, a cool CC spam page, and ensure that people will see it by burying the forum within it!!!" what a horrible decision... the black jesus is disgusted...-el Jesus negro

it is supposed to be April Fools, not May Fools... bring the tab back... the black jesus is not amused...-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu May 01, 2014 12:52 pm

I also like how there's no easy link to the Rules.

WOOOOO! ANARCHY!!!!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu May 01, 2014 1:25 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:I also like how there's no easy link to the Rules.

WOOOOO! ANARCHY!!!!

We don't need no stinkin' rules.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Gilligan on Thu May 01, 2014 3:14 pm

Rule #1: There are no rules

Major Gilligan

Postby stahrgazer on Thu May 01, 2014 4:14 pm

My clan forum is more important for me to access than "events" and more important for me to access than a series of boxes listing the names of different clans (boxes, btw, that do not even appear to be in any specific order and with boxes so large and unwieldy that many are unlikely to move beyond page 3 to see the list.)

For that matter, moving the rules of the gamesite so that they are more obscure to find thus harder to read, seems an idiotic move at best.

I have always been against change for change's sake, change that isn't an improvement to the bulk of customers affected by the change; and these changes-that-do-not-improve-user-needs are no different.

They don't make the site any more appealing either, simply more cumbersome. Great job, web designer du jour!
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby betiko on Thu May 01, 2014 5:17 pm

stahrgazer wrote:My clan forum is more important for me to access than "events" and more important for me to access than a series of boxes listing the names of different clans (boxes, btw, that do not even appear to be in any specific order and with boxes so large and unwieldy that many are unlikely to move beyond page 3 to see the list.)

For that matter, moving the rules of the gamesite so that they are more obscure to find thus harder to read, seems an idiotic move at best.

I have always been against change for change's sake, change that isn't an improvement to the bulk of customers affected by the change; and these changes-that-do-not-improve-user-needs are no different.

They don't make the site any more appealing either, simply more cumbersome. Great job, web designer du jour!

they are ranked by % of wars won, but the new clans start from the bottom. no idea when a new clan is classified normally.
Major betiko

Postby notyou2 on Thu May 01, 2014 6:20 pm

betiko wrote:

AWESOME!!!! You're the best nobody!!!!

Thanks
Captain notyou2

Postby Bruceswar on Fri May 02, 2014 12:46 am

I agree with the link back where it was.. Also where are the rules???
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions