Conquer Club

Put the Forum link back where it was!

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Do you want the prominent Forum link back the way it was?

Yes. Forums are important to this site and should be easily accessible.
86%
No. It's just one extra click, and the community/events page is more important to highlight.
14%

Total votes : 90

Re: Put the Forum link back where it was!

Postby nietzsche on Fri May 02, 2014 4:27 am

This is how it looks for me

want it? (you need greasemonkey)

here
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Fri May 02, 2014 7:06 am

you can add another 50 votes from off topics. the OP says that if we reach 50 votes we get the forum button back, and we did reach 50, so we should get it back.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=204552&p=4478328#p4478328
Major betiko

Postby Gilligan on Fri May 02, 2014 10:47 am

betiko wrote:you can add another 50 votes from off topics. the OP says that if we reach 50 votes we get the forum button back, and we did reach 50, so we should get it back.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=204552&p=4478328#p4478328

i'm sorry to tell you, that poll is highly unofficial.
Major Gilligan

Postby Vid_FISO on Fri May 02, 2014 12:33 pm

stahrgazer wrote:My clan forum is more important for me to access than "events"

One of our clan members did a GM script to add a link to our forum in the Game Menu, very useful as it highlights if there are new posts to view.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby notyou2 on Fri May 02, 2014 12:38 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:

One of our clan members did a GM script to add a link to our forum in the Game Menu, very useful as it highlights if there are new posts to view.

Our clan does not contain any nerds or geeks.
Captain notyou2

Postby Vid_FISO on Fri May 02, 2014 12:43 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:

Give us a shout in a month or two and we'll see if you've got any decent CC players :D
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Postby Gilligan on Fri May 02, 2014 12:45 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Vid_FISO wrote:

I think playing on this site and in a clan instantly classifies us all as a nerd or a geek.
Major Gilligan

Postby stahrgazer on Fri May 02, 2014 12:52 pm

betiko wrote:
they are ranked by % of wars won, but the new clans start from the bottom. no idea when a new clan is classified normally.

Um no, they're not entirely ranked by % of wars won. Looked today, some clan with less % was put on top of those with lower percent.

On the "all clan" page it's sorting by plus signs and such rather than the leading noun, when English alphabetization requires to alphabetize by the leading noun. Additionally, if you're going to have boxes with information, the information should be consistent for all of the boxes. For example, why do some boxes have a founding date and others do not?

Nits? There are those who would say: yup all nits. But these "nits" that show a lack of detailed clarity of thought that went into these new designs, which gives ammunition for those who'd like the pages back where they were. And a simple list of clans would make it easier for newcomers to scan down the list of clans to see what's available, rather than the mismosh of informational boxes where some have info that others do not.

Here's another nit:
Why do I want some of the announcements between my game and interaction sidepanels? Answer: as a paying member of the site, I don't really want announcements on my game interaction panel. Announcements belong under community or something or how about at login where they used to be? Or to be consistent put announcements under community like where the dispatch is or omg have announcements and forums in their very own headers to make finding them much easier.

I like "improvements" but I detest change for change's sake; and these changes are change for change sake rather than improvements. They do not add user functionality, instead they hinder. They also don't add aesthetic appeal, for example the series of boxes under community look atrocious when put on the same page like that.

Oh and just for fun let's add one more nit.
Under community there's a separate tab for events. That being the case why is the first header on the first tab also events? :lol:

For that matter, arent tournaments a type of event? that being the case why are they under Tournaments rather than Tournaments sub-box of the Events sub-box of the Community page?

Um..yet more.
Why don't I see my clan forum under clans, since I can see clan wars under clans (and not under events when I'd think a clan war is a type of event). My clan forum pertains to clans much more than it pertains to the CC dispatch or the lists of moderator teams.

(See it's like this... when you begin moving things around like this into headers and multiple subheaders you make finding the information much more cumbersome and frankly, sometimes extremely illogical)
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby betiko on Fri May 02, 2014 1:06 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
betiko wrote:
they are ranked by % of wars won, but the new clans start from the bottom. no idea when a new clan is classified normally.

Um no, they're not entirely ranked by % of wars won. Looked today, some clan with less % was put on top of those with lower percent.

On the "all clan" page it's sorting by plus signs and such rather than the leading noun, when English alphabetization requires to alphabetize by the leading noun. Additionally, if you're going to have boxes with information, the information should be consistent for all of the boxes. For example, why do some boxes have a founding date and others do not?

Nits? There are those who would say: yup all nits. But these "nits" that show a lack of detailed clarity of thought that went into these new designs, which gives ammunition for those who'd like the pages back where they were. And a simple list of clans would make it easier for newcomers to scan down the list of clans to see what's available, rather than the mismosh of informational boxes where some have info that others do not.

Here's another nit:
Why do I want some of the announcements between my game and interaction sidepanels? Answer: as a paying member of the site, I don't really want announcements on my game interaction panel. Announcements belong under community or something or how about at login where they used to be? Or to be consistent put announcements under community like where the dispatch is or omg have announcements and forums in their very own headers to make finding them much easier.

I like "improvements" but I detest change for change's sake; and these changes are change for change sake rather than improvements. They do not add user functionality, instead they hinder. They also don't add aesthetic appeal, for example the series of boxes under community look atrocious when put on the same page like that.

Under community there's a separate tab for events. That being the case why is the first header on the first tab also events? :lol:

Um.. more.
Why don't I see my clan forum under clans, since I can see clan wars under clans (and not under events when I'd think a clan war is a type of event). My clan forum pertains to clans much more than it pertains to the CC dispatch or the lists of moderator teams.

(See it's like this... when you begin moving things around like this into headers and multiple subheaders you make finding the information much more cumbersome and frankly, sometimes extremely illogical)

clans are entirely ranked by % of wars won except for the new clans that are all in the bottom but also ranked by % of wars won.
And + signs, numbers and such are always first in an alphanumerical classification, which is what a computer does.
Major betiko

Postby Gilligan on Fri May 02, 2014 2:25 pm

It's definitely ranked by win percentage (those that have completed 10 wars are above everyone else, regardless of percentage).

Stahr, you should ask your leader to change the group to a "clan" rather than a "closed group".
Major Gilligan

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri May 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Gilligan wrote:It's definitely ranked by win percentage (those that have completed 10 wars are above everyone else, regardless of percentage).

Stahr, you should ask your leader to change the group to a "clan" rather than a "closed group".

Clans are closed groups. Kort is too.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby IcePack on Fri May 02, 2014 3:40 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
betiko wrote:

Here's another nit:

For that matter, arent tournaments a type of event? that being the case why are they under Tournaments rather than Tournaments sub-box of the Events sub-box of the Community page?

Um..yet more.

Clan tab information is pretty consistent. There are two clans that have no founding date, that are new. some may not have a recruitment thread, therefore no link to it for obvious reasons.

It is done by percent, and alphanumeric.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Gilligan on Fri May 02, 2014 3:46 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:
Gilligan wrote:It's definitely ranked by win percentage (those that have completed 10 wars are above everyone else, regardless of percentage).

Clans are closed groups. Kort is too.

Not as far as CC is concerned. A group can still be closed without being competitive.

The options are "social", "closed" and "competitive". KORT is not listed as competitive either.
Major Gilligan

Postby stahrgazer on Fri May 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks for making my points, Gilligan.

It's apparently requiring a doctorate to understand why something is listed one place rather than another.

Bit too obscure and user unfriendly for my taste.

Oh and btw, if KoRT isn't competitive why is it listed in clans with percentages? :lol: (For that matter if The Pack isn't a clan why are we also considered competitive?)

This bears repeating:
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri May 02, 2014 8:17 pm

Well I'm just a wee bit confused because most clans are listed as "closed group," which was my point. Both The Pack and KoRT are listed as clans with percentages on the clans page. The pack being listed as the 3rd one there. Am I missing something?
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Gilligan on Fri May 02, 2014 8:20 pm

stahrgazer wrote:

Thanks for making my points, Gilligan.

It's apparently requiring a doctorate to understand why something is listed one place rather than another.

Bit too obscure and user unfriendly for my taste.

Oh and btw, if KoRT isn't competitive why is it listed in clans with percentages? :lol: (For that matter if The Pack isn't a clan why are we also considered competitive?)

This bears repeating:

We are friends, we are family, we are THE PACK! This is a closed group, new members can only join upon invitation of a group leader.

Where it says "this is a closed group", it could just as easily say "this is a competitive clan group".
Major Gilligan

Postby dgz345 on Sat May 03, 2014 9:54 am

Vid_FISO wrote:

just want to make out that your clan member stole it from me :P hope he does not take credits for it.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Anarkistsdream on Sat May 03, 2014 9:55 am

Nor does everyone use Firefox, BoB, or any of that other stuff
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby dgz345 on Sat May 03, 2014 10:10 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:Nor does everyone use Firefox, BoB, or any of that other stuff

why would u use firefox. or BOB?
im using chrome 8-) with the panel interface
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby stahrgazer on Sat May 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Gilligan wrote:We are friends, we are family, we are THE PACK! This is a closed group, new members can only join upon invitation of a group leader.

Where it says "this is a closed group", it could just as easily say "this is a competitive clan group".

1) Where it says "community" the site could say Forums instead like it used to and not bury them with subheaders
2) Why should we have to change what rings well and also happens to be true
3) Unlike you, apparently, gilligan, most people realize that a competitive clan is closed to "just anyone" whereas by default, an open group should be open to absolutely everyone.

Besides, are you REALLY suggesting that if our leaders changed the nomenclature (or leaders of other CLOSED (competitive) groups (like, as you pointed out, KoRT,) our forums would be less buried than they are? If not, are you just trolling here with those comments?
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby jltile1 on Sat May 03, 2014 1:11 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
Gilligan wrote:We are friends, we are family, we are THE PACK! This is a closed group, new members can only join upon invitation of a group leader.

1) Where it says "community" the site could say Forums instead like it used to and not bury them with subheaders
3) Unlike you, apparently, gilligan, most people realize that a competitive clan is closed to "just anyone" whereas by default, an open group should be open to absolutely everyone.

Besides, are you REALLY suggesting that if our leaders changed the nomenclature (or leaders of other CLOSED (competitive) groups (like, as you pointed out, KoRT,) our forums would be less buried than they are? If not, are you just trolling here with those comments?

Gilligan you want in the PACK, just say so bro. LOL let me see if J will ask you to join since we are a closed CLAN.
Major jltile1

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun May 04, 2014 9:22 am

I don't think closed and competitive are mutually exclusive.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Gilligan on Sun May 04, 2014 10:34 am

stahrgazer wrote:

You asked why your clan isn't listed as under Clans in the forum.

I was simply answering your question with what I think is the answer.

And do, you don't have to change the nomenclature or description. It's a simple button that creates that statement in the usergroup panel.
Major Gilligan

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun May 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Gilligan wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:

You asked why your clan isn't listed as under Clans in the forum.

I was simply answering your question with what I think is the answer.

And do, you don't have to change the nomenclature or description. It's a simple button that creates that statement in the usergroup panel.

Admit it. You're just a racist. We all know; you know; he knows; she knows. There's no way around it, Gilligan.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Agent 86 on Mon May 05, 2014 12:32 pm

I have my forum button, thanks to those who make CC life better =D> Go Greasemonkey!!
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions