Conquer Club

Put the Forum link back where it was!

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Do you want the prominent Forum link back the way it was?

Yes. Forums are important to this site and should be easily accessible.
86%
No. It's just one extra click, and the community/events page is more important to highlight.
14%

Total votes : 90

Re: Put the Forum link back where it was!

Postby stahrgazer on Mon May 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Gilligan wrote:I was simply answering your question with what I think is the answer.

And do, you don't have to change the nomenclature or description. It's a simple button that creates that statement in the usergroup panel.

Then once again you're proving the point I made. Too many submenus cause confusion. Where's the list of rules about "How to make sure your competitive group, closed group, or open group appears in the forum you want it to appear in."

For that matter, if someone is "competitive" why isn't the title of the thing called "Competitive" rather than "Clan."

So, by default - if, according to what Gilligan suggests - if a clan (which technically doesn't exist now, right?) is NOT a closed group, then that means that any clan is open for anyone to join? Wait, no, that would then mean it's open which would be listed under ... but there isn't a place on the forum called "competitive." In fact, my "closed group" is listed within the subheaders of the subheaders of the forums as a (cough cough) CLAN which means it should be wherever other clans are found which gilligan implies are found somewhere other than where they are. Unless, of course, he's just trolling and putting out answers to derail the topic.

Which is, of course, the new format has too many subheadings, burying information that we would prefer more immediate access to. The numbers of subheadings can cause confusion (and again Gilligan has illustrated the point by intimating that because a clan is a closed group it isn't a clan at all.) :lol:

Whether he's right or whether he's wrong, it's confusing and annoying to have to go into all the subheaders or get a doctorate to figure out where something is buried.

Speaking of where things are buried, several posts here wonder where they buried the rules. Anyone happen to dig that grave up yet?
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Gilligan on Mon May 05, 2014 6:15 pm

(and again Gilligan has illustrated the point by intimating that because a clan is a closed group it isn't a clan at all.

Way to take it out of context.
Major Gilligan

Postby Army of GOD on Mon May 05, 2014 7:19 pm

Why the f*ck does Clans have it's own tab? No one cares about them, not even people in clans.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Gilligan on Mon May 05, 2014 8:17 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Why the f*ck does Clans have it's own tab? No one cares about them, not even people in clans.

Where were you when that happened months ago?
Major Gilligan

Postby Army of GOD on Mon May 05, 2014 10:26 pm

Not caring about clans
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby agentcom on Mon May 05, 2014 11:29 pm

This one started to go off track somewhere around the top of p. 2 ...
Colonel agentcom

Postby Serbia on Tue May 06, 2014 6:16 am

It's not happening, so it's no longer worth talking about. Even though it's been proven, through 3rd party scripts, that you can add the forum button alongside the Community button without clogging the header space. Seems like a very simple no brainer to me. But, alas.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Koganosi on Tue May 06, 2014 6:46 am

Serbia wrote:It's not happening, so it's no longer worth talking about. Even though it's been proven, through 3rd party scripts, that you can add the forum button alongside the Community button without clogging the header space. Seems like a very simple no brainer to me. But, alas.

Bollocks.

And now I dont use greasmonkey, hate addons and ill just want my forum link back? They can take any other link away for it, since I rarely use them anyways and rather go through more issues clicking then for the forum! I have no clue why they changed a perfectly working link, which has been there for YEARS!!! There is a hole community behind it. Yes forum users have been declining, but this will make sure there is an increase in that decline, since its harder for people to find, especially new guys. They dont just click on community. Jeah you have the forum button in the upper right corner, but you wont notice it that quickly, especially if your vision isn't perfect.

Just put it back, or make it an option for old members!

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby Gweeedo on Tue May 06, 2014 11:18 am

Time for change, stop your sniveling.
What a bunch of whiny little bastards.
it works just fine.

Too many lifers around here...lazy f*cks
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Postby stahrgazer on Wed May 07, 2014 8:28 am

Gilligan wrote:
(and again Gilligan has illustrated the point by intimating that because a clan is a closed group it isn't a clan at all.

Way to take it out of context.

I believe you resemble that remark by "answering" my concerns about burying clan forums under too many subheaders, with the suggestion that I should tell my leaders to change their nomenclature - as though that would fix what this thread is about. :roll:
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Army of GOD on Fri May 09, 2014 1:14 am

Why the f*ck haven't you dickheads changed it back yet?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby nagerous on Fri May 09, 2014 6:05 am

Serbia wrote:It's not happening, so it's no longer worth talking about. Even though it's been proven, through 3rd party scripts, that you can add the forum button alongside the Community button without clogging the header space. Seems like a very simple no brainer to me. But, alas.

Bollocks.

Is this official mod response as per conversation from the mod lounge?
Captain nagerous

Postby Serbia on Fri May 09, 2014 6:16 am

nagerous wrote:

Bollocks.

Is this official mod response as per conversation from the mod lounge?

Nope, I don't speak for anyone. And I'm certainly not privy to the behind the scenes conversations.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Donelladan on Fri May 09, 2014 8:23 am

I think the forum is very important for players that really likes CC and spend the most time on it.
To create a community you need a place to exchange, this is the forum.
It should be easy to find the forum.

Right now a click on community send you on a page with a lot of different stuff which is more confusing.

Please, put back the forum link.

Side question, do you know how many times the link forum was clicked on before? Can you compare it with the other? I am like 99% sure that the forum link was the most clicked on.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby agentcom on Sat May 10, 2014 7:13 am

Forum link is up in the right hand corner for those of us who know where to look. For new users who will probably click every button along the top to see what's going on this makes sense. I certainly don't benefit directly from this change (as I have to aim my mouse at that little guy, too), but I see where it comes from. I support BW in this and in his continuing quest for a more active membership.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Trevor33 on Sat May 10, 2014 6:57 pm

I voted no because your options were clearly bias.

Plus how is option one not the case at the moment? Top right, ONE click - FORUMS!!!
Major Trevor33

Postby watsy on Sun May 11, 2014 2:53 pm

Please put forum button back in it right place as I play on iPad I find myself going off cc site very easy

Dislike it in the place it is forum button is one of the daily button I use maybe you could even switch it with the purchase button which is only used yearly this would help me stop switching sites
Major watsy

Postby MrBenn on Sun May 11, 2014 6:17 pm

If it's not going to go back on the header bar, it should at least be added to the 'Interaction' menu on the LHS (above or below Live Chat)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby agentcom on Mon May 12, 2014 12:57 pm

MrBenn wrote:If it's not going to go back on the header bar, it should at least be added to the 'Interaction' menu on the LHS (above or below Live Chat)

That's not a bad idea
Colonel agentcom

Postby watsy on Mon May 12, 2014 5:06 pm

agentcom wrote:
MrBenn wrote:If it's not going to go back on the header bar, it should at least be added to the 'Interaction' menu on the LHS (above or below Live Chat)

That's not a bad idea

+1 that sounds good
Major watsy

Postby IcePack on Tue May 13, 2014 1:21 pm

watsy wrote:
agentcom wrote:

That's not a bad idea

+1 that sounds good

Implemented?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby MrBenn on Tue May 13, 2014 3:26 pm

IcePack wrote:
watsy wrote:
agentcom wrote:

That's not a bad idea

+1 that sounds good

Implemented?

Better than nothing - it would be helpful if it didn't disappear when you're browsing the Forum (in the same way the Live Chat tab doesn't vanish when you're in Chat), It would also mean that Forum regulars would see it there when they're in the forums!
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby IcePack on Tue May 13, 2014 5:28 pm

It will, that adjustment will just take a little longer
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby agentcom on Wed May 14, 2014 2:21 am

IcePack wrote:
watsy wrote:
agentcom wrote:

That's not a bad idea

+1 that sounds good

Implemented?

Awesome. That was quick.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Koganosi on Wed May 14, 2014 3:03 am

MrBenn wrote:
IcePack wrote:
watsy wrote:
agentcom wrote:

That's not a bad idea

+1 that sounds good

Implemented?

Better than nothing - it would be helpful if it didn't disappear when you're browsing the Forum (in the same way the Live Chat tab doesn't vanish when you're in Chat), It would also mean that Forum regulars would see it there when they're in the forums!

This for now would help! And then they fixed it again imo. Rather have it back the way it was but this should be cool!

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions