Conquer Club

[Foe] Inability to Join Foe Games If Foe Created the Game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Implement Change in Foe Mechanics as Suggested in First Post

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes : 23

Re: Foes

Postby bazmac on Fri May 09, 2014 9:59 pm

But if somebody foes you and then joins games you would normally be playing, stopping you, is that fair?
Corporal bazmac

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri May 09, 2014 11:07 pm

Nah. If you really want to play games with people you don't like, then don't foe so many people.

There should be a cost from foeing too many users. So....

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby agentcom on Sat May 10, 2014 7:10 am

Damn ... now I'm not agreeing with BBS again. I like foe lists how they are (even if I barely use mine).
Colonel agentcom

Postby Gweeedo on Mon May 12, 2014 7:33 pm

I tried to join in on the monthly challenge, somebody (foed me) had joined 90% of the games that were available...thereby having only 10% of the games available for me to join.

No matter, I will make a game of it.
I will join 100% of the games and start to foe those who are regulars on the monthly challenge.

IN YOUR NECK!!!
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon May 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Good job. Be an asshole, get foed. Then be a bigger asshole.

Sounds rational.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Gweeedo on Tue May 13, 2014 12:20 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Good job. Be an asshole, get foed. Then be a bigger asshole.

Sounds rational.

That's the name of the game brother.
Works for me ;-)

Postby bazmac on Tue May 13, 2014 8:05 pm

I tried to join in on the monthly challenge, somebody (foed me) had joined 90% of the games that were available...thereby having only 10% of the games available for me to join.

No matter, I will make a game of it.
I will join 100% of the games and start to foe those who are regulars on the monthly challenge.

IN YOUR NECK!!!

Exactly my point! You don't have to be an arsehole to get foed, you just have to be foed by an arse!
Corporal bazmac

Postby Dukasaur on Wed May 14, 2014 9:11 pm

bazmac wrote:I tried to join in on the monthly challenge, somebody (foed me) had joined 90% of the games that were available...thereby having only 10% of the games available for me to join.

Tournament games ignore foe lists for that very reason. I can't think of a way offhand to extend that to the challenge games (because they're started by individuals) but if this continues to be a problem then maybe some solution does need to be considered.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed May 14, 2014 10:09 pm

Serbia wrote:I wouldn't like this. If I've foed someone for game reasons, then I don't want to ever find myself placed in a game with that player.

Yes, but do you have the right to dictate to everyone else in the game whether a given person may join?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby clangfield on Thu May 15, 2014 7:01 am

Been suggested before - I suggest you search for the other topics.
As many for as against, so unlikely to happen. If you want to join a foe's game, unfoe them.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu May 15, 2014 6:03 pm

bazmac wrote:But if somebody foes you and then joins games you would normally be playing, stopping you, is that fair?

Yes, it's very fair because it works both ways. I rarely foe anyone, but if someone is an abusive butthead, I don't want them in my game either way. I have 2 people foed. One is a sexist pig, and the other is just an idiot that I'll probably unfoe eventually, but the sexist pig stays put. I certainly don't want to ever play with it and it shouldn't dictate whether I have to play with it or drop a game that I've already joined. The foe function works fine in that sense.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bazmac on Fri May 16, 2014 6:40 pm

[quote="Shannon Apple"][quote="bazmac"]But if somebody foes you and then joins games you would normally be playing, stopping you, is that fair?[/quote]
Yes, it's very fair because it works both ways. I rarely foe anyone, but if someone is an abusive butthead, I don't want them in my game either way. I have 2 people foed. One is a sexist pig, and the other is just an idiot that I'll probably unfoe eventually, but the sexist pig stays put. I certainly don't want to ever play with it and it shouldn't dictate whether I have to play with it or drop a game that I've already joined. The foe function works fine in that sense.[/quote]
But you can still accidently join a foes game as it exists, all I want, is to be able to join if some un-nice person foes me. Perhaps if more than 1 person in the game has foed you, then you can't join. O:)
Corporal bazmac

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri May 16, 2014 8:27 pm

I think you have to be exceptionally bad to be foed by many people at the same time. That's what I think anyway. There are fools on this site as well... but I can't see how anyone would want to join a game with someone that they have a problem with, or vice versa. Just create your own game. ;)
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bazmac on Fri May 16, 2014 10:57 pm

[quote="Shannon Apple"]I think you have to be exceptionally bad to be foed by many people at the same time. That's what I think anyway. There are fools on this site as well... but I can't see how anyone would want to join a game with someone that they have a problem with, or vice versa. Just create your own game. ;)[/quote]

It's not always that easy with speed games. :(
Corporal bazmac

Postby Gweeedo on Sun May 18, 2014 3:06 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:I think you have to be exceptionally bad to be foed by many people at the same time. That's what I think anyway. There are fools on this site as well... but I can't see how anyone would want to join a game with someone that they have a problem with, or vice versa. Just create your own game. ;)

"Exceptionally bad"
Is that in game, chat, forum?
Players don't need a reason to foe somebody!
Of course the threat of being foed is always their.

Foe shmo, I only foe somebody to mute them. Unlike most players, I don't un-foe to un-mute, I only un-foe in order to engage in battle.
There should be a cost for foeing a player, the higher rank the higher cost (using CC stars).

Postby clangfield on Sun May 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Gweeedo wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:I think you have to be exceptionally bad to be foed by many people at the same time. That's what I think anyway. There are fools on this site as well... but I can't see how anyone would want to join a game with someone that they have a problem with, or vice versa. Just create your own game. ;)

"Exceptionally bad"
Is that in game, chat, forum?
Players don't need a reason to foe somebody!
Of course the threat of being foed is always their.

Foe shmo, I only foe somebody to mute them. Unlike most players, I don't un-foe to un-mute, I only un-foe in order to engage in battle.
There should be a cost for foeing a player, the higher rank the higher cost (using CC stars).

No there shouldn't.
People have different views on why one should foe; but there should never be a restriction or cost if you want to foe someone who is behaving in a manner that means you don't want to play them.
You may be forgiving and free and easy, but be aware that others have different standards.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 am

Shannon Apple wrote:
bazmac wrote:But if somebody foes you and then joins games you would normally be playing, stopping you, is that fair?

Yes, it's very fair because it works both ways. I rarely foe anyone, but if someone is an abusive butthead, I don't want them in my game either way. I have 2 people foed. One is a sexist pig, and the other is just an idiot that I'll probably unfoe eventually, but the sexist pig stays put. I certainly don't want to ever play with it and it shouldn't dictate whether I have to play with it or drop a game that I've already joined. The foe function works fine in that sense.

I feel special being one of two people, and I have a t-shirt that says idiot on it, so no disagreement there.

In regards to the OP, this suggestion is pointless. If you would like to be unfoed then PM that person.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby bazmac on Mon May 19, 2014 10:13 pm

[quote="iAmCaffeine"]

In regards to the OP, this suggestion is pointless. If you would like to be unfoed then PM that person.[/quote]

That would be nice, but often high ranks foe low ranks so they don't loose points, completely out of the spirit of the site.
Corporal bazmac

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue May 20, 2014 9:47 am

Indeed they do. People also foe when they're medal hunting. I don't agree with either of them but the difference between starting a game and joining it wouldn't really change things.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Foxglove on Tue May 20, 2014 11:10 am

Archiving this.

Similar suggestions have been made, but as the original post isn't in a a suggestion format there isn't any need to merge topics.
Brigadier Foxglove

Previous

Return to Suggestions