Conquer Club

Suggestion: Fortify From All Countries (Unlimited Option)

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Suggestion: Fortify From All Countries (Unlimited Option)

Postby Torgny on Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:13 pm

Very often you want to fortify all your troops to one country.
Suggestion: In the "Fortify from" drop down menu, at the bottom, make it possible to choose "All countries". When fortifying from All countries to a country, all troops that are allowed will be fortified.
Lieutenant Torgny

Postby MrBenn on Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:00 am

Good suggestion
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Wild_Tiger on Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:23 am

in favor
I got beaten by 2 privates and all I got was this lousy feedback!
General Wild_Tiger

Postby Sir. Ricco on Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:39 am

thats a clever idea. :)
Captain Sir. Ricco

Postby ofir22 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:14 pm

good and smart suggestion.
Corporal ofir22

Postby cena-rules on Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:59 pm

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2202

to get a mod to look at this thread use this form and press one.
To do nothing press two.
To kick me in the balls press three.

Please use the form and have a nice day

<end annoying recorded message>
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Strife on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:03 pm

*Presses 3*

RE: the suggestion, you realize that you can just find or type in the number of troops. :roll: Try it, it works really well and it's not that hard to do. ;) Also when do you ever end up with one teritorry to protect borders when it could make or break you?
Corporal Strife

Postby cena-rules on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:04 pm

Strife wrote:*Presses 3*

RE: the suggestion, you realize that you can just find or type in the number of troops. :roll: Try it, it works really well and it's not that hard to do. ;) Also when do you ever end up with one teritorry to protect borders when it could make or break you?

you dont read firsts posts do you
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Strife on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:13 pm

cena-rules wrote:

I did, why would you do that unless they have one way to attack you? And if they only have one way whats the point? :roll:
Corporal Strife

Postby cena-rules on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:17 pm

Strife wrote:
cena-rules wrote:

I did, why would you do that unless they have one way to attack you? And if they only have one way whats the point? :roll:

tbh it speeds it up. What if you get it to 1 terr in an esc game with a high cash in and they have 5 cards?

bam fortify all and you are done
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Strife on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:25 pm

cena-rules wrote:
Strife wrote:
cena-rules wrote:

tbh it speeds it up. What if you get it to 1 terr in an esc game with a high cash in and they have 5 cards?

Well, what if you also have a set... or you can do it one country at a time. You could deploy all your armies first. Also how do you know were they'll deploy? Maybe they'll wait to attack you. If there is only one way for them to attack you that would be fine, but it's really no point. It's not that hard to fortify from one country to another. Here's a question, does this only apply for unlimited?
Corporal Strife

Postby cena-rules on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:26 pm

Strife wrote:
cena-rules wrote:
Strife wrote:
cena-rules wrote:

Well, what if you also have a set... or you can do it one country at a time. You could deploy all your armies first. Also how do you know were they'll deploy? Maybe they'll wait to attack you. If there is only one way for them to attack you that would be fine, but it's really no point. It's not that hard to fortify from one country to another. Here's a question, does this only apply for unlimited?

READ WHAT I SAID

1 TERR FOR THEM

obviously it only applies for unlimited

honestly monkeys these days
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Strife on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:29 pm

cena-rules wrote:
Strife wrote:
cena-rules wrote:
Strife wrote:
cena-rules wrote:

READ WHAT I SAID

1 TERR FOR THEM

obviously it only applies for unlimited

honestly monkeys these days
If its one for them just end your turn quick and be first to go. You wont even need extra armies, unless you leave the one ter with more armies than you have. :roll:
Corporal Strife

Postby cena-rules on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:31 pm

what about seq????
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Strife on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:35 pm

cena-rules wrote:what about seq????
So, it might be needed, or you can just do it one at a time, and you don't have to worry about finishing first. And why would you not finish them. I hardly ever leave them with one ter unless it is way out of my range.
Corporal Strife

Postby cena-rules on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:36 pm

Strife wrote:
So, it might be needed, or you can just do it one at a time, and you don't have to worry about finishing first. And why would you not finish them. I hardly ever leave them with one ter unless it is way out of my range.

run out of armies?
speed games?
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Strife on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:41 pm

cena-rules wrote:
Strife wrote:

run out of armies?
speed games?
You have 5 mins in a speed game. And I said hardly leave them with 1. It's possible you run out. But you can still do it one by one. I don't really see why you like this so much. Sure you could fort all to one but it's hardly ever needed, look at the scenario I had you narrow it down to. This will hardly ever happen. I hope you've enjoyed getting played. I also hope you realise what just happened. A Seq speed game with one territory, you out of armies on your attacking ter, a card set on esc, and time's almost out cause you were wasting it. How often does that happen? I myself have never even come close to running out of time on a speed game. ;)

Btw you got outsmarted by a monkey. ;)
Corporal Strife

Postby wcaclimbing on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:07 pm

Great idea!
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby freezie on Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:03 pm

Strife, this idea proposes a way to fort every armies you own to a single country, as long as it's legally possible, quickly.

I don't see why you are so adament abouw how it's useless. It doesn't apply to a single scenario.

Escalating
Speed games
Start of games, where you have 5 countries connected and want to send all of them to a single one.

Ect, ect, ect..
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Postby insomniacdude on Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:08 am

I think Strife is right, for the wrong reasons, but everyone else is wrong for the right reasons.

This idea is useful, but I don't know if it's enough justification to code it in. Lack or somebody who knows more than I would have to enlighten us as to how difficult something like this might be.

If it's easy, I say add it. It can be beneficial and adds little clutter to the game screens.
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby Strife on Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:11 am

freezie wrote:Strife, this idea proposes a way to fort every armies you own to a single country, as long as it's legally possible, quickly.

I don't see why you are so adament abouw how it's useless. It doesn't apply to a single scenario.

Escalating
Speed games
Start of games, where you have 5 countries connected and want to send all of them to a single one.

Ect, ect, ect..
It's useless because it's not that hard to fort from one place to another. If you are really that lazy then you need some sort of mental help.(Maybe physical, laziness spread through all aspects of life) Sure you could use it but that kind of takes the fun out of it. If you have 5 countries connected you could put them all in one spot, but then you only have one place to attack with. It doesn't take that long to fort from here to there and there to here. In a speed game you should definately have suffice time to do it. Also, the point in a speed game is to kind of push the game along and rush it, rt. If you can't make a move in less than 5 min's then you should probably think bout going to the strategy forum and reading all of the threads. Sure, it would be nice to fort all to one ter. but when you only have to defend from one place you most likely have the game won. So what if it's an esc. with a high cash in? You can still fort unlimited if thats your setting.(Which, if this idea is incorperated, should be the only way it's used.) I'm simply stating my opinion and had cena point out the scenario when it would be the only time it's really usefull. I can go on for awhile on why anything is a bad idea, and I think it is. So far nothing has proven me wrong. If somebody can state why this is absolutely needed and not just a wish for lazy players then please feel free to show me their reasoning. ' Till someone presents something reasonable or doesn't get fooled by my monkey like skills, I have nothing more to add.
Corporal Strife

Postby Kinnison on Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:04 am

I don't see it being the be-all and end-all of cool bits to code. However, I can see a use for it in unlimited fort games, on larger maps.

EXAMPLE: Given: Some complex or large map. (Rail USA, World 2.1, Conquer Man, Battle for Australia) You have a chunk of it for yourself, turn in cards, start attacking. If it's Escalating, you may even go for a wipeout and turn in. You end up with a few borders the same as before, defensed, and troops scattered all over hell and creation in nooks and crannies due to the attack. YES, you can call them all in to your new fort points manually. But it WOULD speed the process up to haul them all to one spot, then parcel them back out to the few points you want defended.

If it makes it into the game, and you don't like it... don't use it.
Currently Running Tourneys: -none-
Tourney Winner: "You're Eliminated" III; Keep It Simple Quads - Team Generation One
Captain Kinnison

Postby Torgny on Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:17 pm

This is exactly what I meant it was supposed to be used for.

edit:
Look at this situation:
http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapwo8.jpg

I want to fortify all available troops to Indonesia.
A "Fortify all" option would be very helpful.
Lieutenant Torgny

"Fortify All" Option. (Suggestion)

Postby Chadwick31 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:25 am

A new option is needed for fortification:
A "Fortify All" button would be nice to put all your armies on one territory simultaneously.

It would save time for those games where you have your opponent backed into a corner and need to put all your armies on one territory. Rather than doing each one individually, a button could be available that said "Fortify All To", with the option of all your territories.

This is especially applicable on some of the new maps (e.g. Feudal War), where armies are auto-deployed on some territories that you cannot immediately attack from. It could be especially helpful in games where time is running down. Rather than needing a minute or a minute and a half to fortify, you could do it in 5 seconds.

It's happened to me plenty of times, that I had armies spread here and there, and had my opponent backed into a corner and had to fortify them all one at a time.

It's not a really big deal, but I just feel like it would be an easily added and useful option.

(This option would only be necessary in Unlimited fortification games, of course.)
Last edited by Chadwick31 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Chadwick31

Postby Kemmler on Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:11 pm

It's a great idea, sometimes it just takes too long
Cook Kemmler

Next

Return to Suggestions