Conquer Club

[UI] note to self option in team games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[UI] note to self option in team games

Postby HardAttack on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:24 am

note to self option in team games
  • please consider employing Note to Self option in team games as well.

Specifics:
  • In team games, i leave some notes in game chat which appears to be immature and first look notes which of them i do not want my team mates to see and get confused. In other words, those first study notes are my first toughts of a game, and i would like them to stay hidden before i am certain about them.
  • A simple note to self option in team games, same with existing on in multiplayer games, whenever you feel to leave note to yourself to be overlooked/reconsidered again when neccesary.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Not always a player might have enough time to look at a game, but might want to look and see in a quick way. This point is the one in which player feels not ready to leave a comment to the team, but might want to leave some comments and thoughts for himself to reconsider later. Kinda reminder. At this point, player will not like to leave such thoughts to team not to confuse them unless he is certain on something, but also he needs a field to take his/her notes to look at those points s/he made not to forget and reconsider.
  • Some might think that putting everything(comments-thoughts), correct/false(mature/immature) in team chat might be better option. This is arguable, however let this be optional. Let anyone whoever wishes to leave everything, all draft toughts, first glance thoughts in team chat, but please consider giving an option of Note to Self to other group of players who would probably like of this idea like myself.

Cheers
:D
Colonel HardAttack

Re: note to self option in team games

Postby slowreactor on Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:52 am

Ehh...

I can see where you're going with this, but whenever I play team games, I feel like that the team needs to play as one person. I'm the type that says EVERY single bit of information counts, especially when someone points out one little thing that you didn't even notice.
Colonel slowreactor

Postby Vermont on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:30 am

This seems a simple upgrade that a small percentage would appreciate and most would be able to easily ignore.
Major Vermont

Postby Artimis on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:21 pm

slowreactor wrote:Ehh...

I can see where you're going with this, but whenever I play team games, I feel like that the team needs to play as one person. I'm the type that says EVERY single bit of information counts, especially when someone points out one little thing that you didn't even notice.

Hear! Hear!

My clan just about put up with me emptying my thoughts into the team chat, I find it pays dividends to speak your mind rather than keep silent.
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:55 pm

Yeah but it could also be used to make notes for rating the player you are teamed with.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TheBro on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:08 am

I definitely want this. I always insult Velvecarrots and he can always read it... Annoying much!

But forserious, great suggestion and easy to implement. It really only helps those who look at the game a lot and make a lot of comments, so all the best team players are going to use it I'd think. Well done, HA.
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.
Colonel TheBro

Postby HardAttack on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:27 am

TheBro wrote:I definitely want this. I always insult Velvecarrots and he can always read it... Annoying much!

But forserious, great suggestion and easy to implement. It really only helps those who look at the game a lot and make a lot of comments, so all the best team players are going to use it I'd think. Well done, HA.

Thanks buddy :) That is me, i look a map 3-4 times in a day and everytime i look at that map i see different women. :lol: :lol:
Colonel HardAttack

Note to self in team games

Postby paullo on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:12 am

I like to write to myself in the games, using my native language. I feel I should be able to use this also in team games as well, team members don't need and don't like to read every detail of strategy I planned in the last round and that I would like to remember in the next one.

Specific Details:

At the site of " message to team" there should be "note to self" as well.
Private paullo

Postby agentcom on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:31 am

MERGED with identical suggestion.
Colonel agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:40 pm

i don't support this.

you are a team. play as one, think as one.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:44 pm

greenoaks wrote:i don't support this.

You're welcome to tell people how to play all you want, but you can't stop people from just opening up a notepad and making notes on a game. At least this way it'll be a lot more convenient for them.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby greenoaks on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:i don't support this.

You're welcome to tell people how to play all you want, but you can't stop people from just opening up a notepad and making notes on a game. At least this way it'll be a lot more convenient for them.

and i am entitled to express my opinion on this sug.
Sergeant greenoaks

Return to Suggestions