Conquer Club

Invites accepted/declined on refresh of page [Investigating]

Found something broken on the website or in the game, that isn't a plugin enhancement issue? Let's check it out.

Moderators: Beta Team, Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously reported bugs first!

Invites accepted/declined on refresh of page [Investigating]

Postby agentcom on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:20 pm

Operating System: Win 7 Pro
Browser: FF latest
Scripts/third party programs used: all the cool ones

If the bug happened in a game/s, do not forget to indicate the game number/s.

Concise description:
  • From what I can tell, I just inadvertently accepted all invites when I refreshed the screen.

Specifics:
  • I logged into CC and was dropped at the My Games screen as usual. Specifically, since I had invites, it was the Invites page.
  • For irrelevant reasons, I decided to do a refresh by pushing CTRL+F5.
  • As a result of the refresh, I saw that all invites had been accepted.
  • Pretty sure this is not desired behavior :)
Captain agentcom

Medals: 92
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (25) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Invites accepted/declined on refresh of page

Postby agentcom on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:06 am

I can't reproduce this. I think it must've been user error.

Damn ID-ten-T errors!
Captain agentcom

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (25) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby bigWham on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:13 am

agentcom wrote:Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Concise description:
  • From what I can tell, I just inadvertently accepted all invites when I refreshed the screen.

Specifics:
  • I logged into CC and was dropped at the My Games screen as usual. Specifically, since I had invites, it was the Invites page.

It is not, but I also cannot imagine how that would be possible. Invite me to a game and I will test it!
Captain bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Medals: 31
The Championships Gold (3) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2)

Postby agentcom on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:19 pm

bigWham wrote:
agentcom wrote:Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Concise description:

Specifics:

It is not, but I also cannot imagine how that would be possible. Invite me to a game and I will test it!

Sorry, I had dismissed this as an error on my part. Have you tested it out or do you still need an invite?
Captain agentcom

Re: Invites accepted/declined on refresh of page [Investigat

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:26 pm

Could you have declined an invite and then refreshed...? Just throwing it out there, might be different than just viewing invites and refreshing...
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Major JamesKer1
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 100
Conqueror Achievement (1) The Championships Gold (3) The Championships Silver (2) Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Gold (5)
Most Improved Gold (19) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1)

Postby agentcom on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:21 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:Could you have declined an invite and then refreshed...? Just throwing it out there, might be different than just viewing invites and refreshing...

That's possibly what I did. Or I might have pressed some other button. I really have no idea anymore, and with my declining game count, I'm not in a position to test a bunch of permutations of this.
Captain agentcom

Postby agentcom on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:13 am

OK, this definitely just happened again. Oddly enough, I think it was games for the same tournament as when it happened last time.

However, this time I did not do anything. I just happened to notice it because I was watching my screen. (Who knows how many times this happens when people look away from their screens?)

Here's exactly what happened:

I logged on to CC. I was brought to the invites screen. The page then stopped/finished loading after no more than a couple seconds. I was then brought to my "Waiting for Players" screen where the games that I had just seen had been joined for me.

I know this sounds crazy, but I didn't do anything. I was trying to scroll down with the scroll wheel on my mouse, but other than that I wasn't touching anything and the mouse wasn't near the Accept Invites button.
Captain agentcom

Postby king achilles on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:36 am

I logged on to CC. I was brought to the invites screen. The page then stopped/finished loading after no more than a couple seconds. I was then brought to my "Waiting for Players" screen where the games that I had just seen had been joined for me.

Strange. I invited you to a game. Don't accept it and let's see if it will auto-join you somehow.
General king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby agentcom on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:14 pm

king achilles wrote:

Strange. I invited you to a game. Don't accept it and let's see if it will auto-join you somehow.

It did. I dropped it, but it did automatically accept all invites that I had. I had 3 tournament invites and the one from KA. Same behavior as yesterday. Logged in, brought to invite screen, then almost immediately, I was redirected to my Awaiting Players screen, and all invites were accepted. In today's case, it happened right as I tried to click on something (in this case the show/hide player invited toggle).
Captain agentcom

Postby king achilles on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:44 pm

How many addons do you have? Could it be possible that one of them is making you accept invites automatically when you sign in?
General king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby agentcom on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:32 am

king achilles wrote:How many addons do you have? Could it be possible that one of them is making you accept invites automatically when you sign in?

It's possible, but that kind of interference would be a major bug with either the site or the add-on. Right now I have maprank, watch this game, dice analyzer (recent install), BOB, and that's about it.
Captain agentcom

Postby Foxglove on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:40 am

This bug happened to me, as well.

I had the Invitations page open for a bit, and I suddenly noticed it refresh and apparently it accepted an invite to a game I had no intention of joining. I only had one invitation at the time.

I really don't think I clicked anything to make it happen - it was very bizarre.

The addons I use are BOB and chatglove, though it seems very unlikely to me that either of them simulates a link click on the accept button.
Brigadier Foxglove

Medals: 63
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (12)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (7)

Postby Foxglove on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:41 am

agentcom wrote:OK, this definitely just happened again. Oddly enough, I think it was games for the same tournament as when it happened last time.

However, this time I did not do anything. I just happened to notice it because I was watching my screen. (Who knows how many times this happens when people look away from their screens?)

I know this sounds crazy, but I didn't do anything. I was trying to scroll down with the scroll wheel on my mouse, but other than that I wasn't touching anything and the mouse wasn't near the Accept Invites button.

Very randomly: I think that I was also scrolling (maybe?) when it happened to me.
Brigadier Foxglove

Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (12)

Postby agentcom on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:24 am

Just happened again with 13578622. This is getting really annoying.
Captain agentcom

Postby king achilles on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:28 am

agentcom wrote:... Logged in, brought to invite screen, then almost immediately, I was redirected to my Awaiting Players screen, and all invites were accepted. In today's case, it happened right as I tried to click on something (in this case the show/hide player invited toggle).

Foxglove wrote:I had the Invitations page open for a bit, and I suddenly noticed it refresh and apparently it accepted an invite to a game I had no intention of joining. I only had one invitation at the time.

I really don't think I clicked anything to make it happen - it was very bizarre...

Based from these posts, you are not doing anything and suddenly, when the page refreshes, the invites are suddenly accepted?
General king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby Foxglove on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:06 am

king achilles wrote:
agentcom wrote:... Logged in, brought to invite screen, then almost immediately, I was redirected to my Awaiting Players screen, and all invites were accepted. In today's case, it happened right as I tried to click on something (in this case the show/hide player invited toggle).

Foxglove wrote:I had the Invitations page open for a bit, and I suddenly noticed it refresh and apparently it accepted an invite to a game I had no intention of joining. I only had one invitation at the time.

I really don't think I clicked anything to make it happen - it was very bizarre...

Based from these posts, you are not doing anything and suddenly, when the page refreshes, the invites are suddenly accepted?

Yes. It's only happened to me one time. I did receive another (unwanted) game invite yesterday, and I immediately clicked on the Decline button.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:28 am

Yes.

If I recall correctly, I believe that all the invites were fully reserved tournament games if that helps.
Captain agentcom

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:39 am

agentcom wrote:Yes.

If I recall correctly, I believe that all the invites were fully reserved tournament games if that helps.

A little wrinkle here. It just happened again. I did have a fully reserved tourney game, but I also had another non-tourney game. It accepted both. I was also scrolling with the center scroll wheel again, but I just can't see how that would interact with the page like this.

KA - your invite was the other game that was accepted, though I dropped it after.
Captain agentcom

Postby agentcom on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:26 am

Did not appear to happen to me today when I had 10 fully reserved tourney invites. Possible differences were that they were clan games and all were 1v1. (That's not a typo. They were for the 1v1 clan tourney.) Also, if the scroll wheel is still somehow a suspect, I don't think that I was using that today. Or maybe it was a fluke or an issue that has been resolved.
Captain agentcom

Postby TeeGee on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:25 pm

We are currently Investigating this issue.
Lieutenant TeeGee

Medals: 62
Conqueror Achievement (1) The Championships Gold (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (5) General Contribution (7)

Postby agentcom on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:52 am

agentcom wrote:Did not appear to happen to me today when I had 10 fully reserved tourney invites. Possible differences were that they were clan games and all were 1v1. (That's not a typo. They were for the 1v1 clan tourney.) Also, if the scroll wheel is still somehow a suspect, I don't think that I was using that today. Or maybe it was a fluke or an issue that has been resolved.

I just thought about this again. I haven't noticed it happening recently, even though the last 2 times I logged in, I had 6 fully reserved tournament game invites pending. Perhaps the issue has been resolved.

Then again, who knows which add-ons that I had active (I've been toggling them on and off to test beta stuff). Also, I don't think I was using the scroll wheel, though I continue to be doubtful that that's related.
Captain agentcom

Postby ThrushAAX on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:24 pm

Also the "Accept All Invitations" button extends the full width of the page without really indicating that it does and that you will be clicking it. I've accidentally clicked to the side of it and ended up joining everything.
Colonel ThrushAAX

Medals: 53
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (3)
General Contribution (3)

Postby agentcom on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:26 am

agentcom wrote:OK, this definitely just happened again. Oddly enough, I think it was games for the same tournament as when it happened last time.

This happened again with seven more tourney invites. This time not all games were fully reserved, though 3 of them were. Because I tend to impatiently play with the scroll wheel, I was scrolling down again. This time the page didn't even appear to complete loading. I was able to see that I had pending invites, but either my computer or the page wasn't fully ready to actually allow me to scroll down.
Captain agentcom

Return to Bug Reports