Conquer Club

After Attack, drop down box is small/won't fill with troops

Found something broken on the website or in the game, that isn't a plugin enhancement issue? Let's check it out.

Moderators: Tech Team, Beta Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously reported bugs first!

After Attack, drop down box is small/won't fill with troops

Postby dacp on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:53 am

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
Browser: Chrome
Scripts/third party programs used: None

Game 14670573

After attacking and winning the territory, the advance window appears, but nothing appears in the boxes...as in no cell to move to and no troop numbers in the pull down deploy box to move. After refreshing the page, it will appear. It looks like the boxes are too small to fit the name of the cell or the troop numbers until I refresh the page.
Sergeant dacp

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Re: After Attack, drop down box is small/won't fill with tro

Postby king achilles on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:09 pm

Escalating - Trench - Round 80. Perhaps there are just too many troops to be processed that it takes awhile before the numbers appears. The HIve map will give out visual issues if the number of troops gets too high.
General king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby dacp on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:58 pm

king achilles wrote:Escalating - Trench - Round 80. Perhaps there are just too many troops to be processed that it takes awhile before the numbers appears. The HIve map will give out visual issues if the number of troops gets too high.

So, basically, playing escalating spoils on large maps is just looking for issues - either losing spoils or having to refresh pages constantly to make moves.

Since one is aware of these issues, why does CC continue to allow escalating as an option on large maps...or why doesn't it cap the number of troops allowed on deploy on large maps so that the game will at least function properly while playing? Alternatively, why isn't it possible for someone to correct the programming so that it will function? Or is this related to a server demand issue?

I truly love this game so don't want to get a reputation as a complainer, but also am unappreciative of being in the middle of a game and have it go bonkers as the strategy becomes more intense.
Sergeant dacp

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby king achilles on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:14 pm

What I meant was, since the hive has small boxes, if you try to fill it in with a 5 digit number, it can be hard to read when almost all boxes are filled with the same or more amount of troops.

As for your issue, is it still happening? The dropdown box showing as empty and you have to refresh the page before it appears again? I assume this involves large stacks of troops being moved?
General king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby dacp on Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:29 pm

king achilles wrote:What I meant was, since the hive has small boxes, if you try to fill it in with a 5 digit number, it can be hard to read when almost all boxes are filled with the same or more amount of troops.

As for your issue, is it still happening? The dropdown box showing as empty and you have to refresh the page before it appears again? I assume this involves large stacks of troops being moved?

Yes, it still happens. Sometimes it's the boxes where the numbers go, but it also will be after I attack and am picking a new target. If it's from a cell to a honey storage cell, it might show the initial cell, but there is literally nothing in the pull down menu to click on as a target unless I refresh the page. Then the boxes will appear normal size for both attack and defend.
Sergeant dacp

Postby dacp on Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:32 pm

Also, now one of my opponents is dropping the game and I don't blame him...

2014-09-13 11:40:04 - memechoix: I never ran out of time, my computer won't accept over 10K men in a turn for some reason. this is the second game I have had this problem. I am now out of the game, sorry. gl to you both

It's obviously unfair to my opponent to have to lose that amount of troops and is pretty frustrating to be playing for weeks and then lose on glitchyness.
Sergeant dacp

Return to Bug Reports