Conquer Club

Score range changed/wrong

Found something broken on the website or in the game, that isn't a plugin enhancement issue? Let's check it out.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously reported bugs first!

Score range changed/wrong

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:07 am

Operating System: N/A
Browser: N/A
Scripts/third party programs used: N/A

The score ranged displayed on my profile changed/is wrong. The feature is described as:
Profile Score Ranges Implements the spirit of Suggestion by Shrinky. Note that this uses the Running Scoreboard and shows Min and Max scores where available (if the player has finished 1 game) from 09/19/2013 on. It does not represent the highest/lowest scores ever achieved by a player since that data has never been stored in our databases.

I achieved a high score of 48xx shortly after winning this game in early 2016: Game 16270526, yet my score range does not indicate so. To further prove my current range is wrong, it lists a lowest score of 2625. In the game in question, I scored 1485 points. In this worst-case scenario my high score should be higher than currently displayed.

I have a hunch that this info is wrong for more people. I vaguely remember people like Loutil having a higher high score, for example.
REP, ex-TOFU, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Re: Score range changed/wrong

Postby Sea Devil on Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:09 am

I have a similar issue. My high score range was lowered.I opened up a ticket, #308282. And this is the response I received:
Hi Sea Devil,

I am sorry but the Score Range can not be altered manually. It is based on your current
average scoring from your recent past games. It is meant to reflect what scores you are
roughly getting and it is not meant to present what highest score you have ever reached.
Colonel Sea Devil

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:55 am

Question for admin then: is the range changed to a rolling high score? I can't exactly fathom that I had lost ~800 points in the span of a few weeks, but I'm wondering what it means if not a high score since 2013.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby Otnal on Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:04 am

Mine has also changed...high score has been 3015 for years. After reading this I checked and now showing 2945.
Captain Otnal

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:10 am

Yeah, looks like there was a system update of some sort that fixed it, rather than broke it. It used to change periodically when it was first introduced. Then it stopped changing at some point. I was not playing for a few years and my score range never changed, it should have. That's why I used to keep my highest score on my profile so I'd remember what it was. :lol:

My lowest score has changed, rather than my highest because I recently beat it. LOL! Looks strange now. :D

It is the way it's supposed to be though. ;)
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:14 am

Shannon Apple wrote:Yeah, looks like there was a system update of some sort that fixed it, rather than broke it. It used to change periodically when it was first introduced. Then it stopped changing at some point. I was not playing for a few years and my score range never changed, it should have. That's why I used to keep my highest score on my profile so I'd remember what it was. :lol:

My lowest score has changed, rather than my highest because I recently beat it. LOL! Looks strange now. :D

According to the announcement it’s not supposed to be a rolling update but a score range for players after implementation (2013). It says not supposed to reflect all time high score because it doesn’t cover pre 2013 #’s, but nothing indicates it’s supposed to change or be recent only? :-s
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:04 pm

Even if it changed and it's intended, it would be useful to know what it tries to portray.
Brigadier Extreme Ways

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:01 pm

IcePack wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:Yeah, looks like there was a system update of some sort that fixed it, rather than broke it. It used to change periodically when it was first introduced. Then it stopped changing at some point. I was not playing for a few years and my score range never changed, it should have. That's why I used to keep my highest score on my profile so I'd remember what it was. :lol:

According to the announcement it’s not supposed to be a rolling update but a score range for players after implementation (2013). It says not supposed to reflect all time high score because it doesn’t cover pre 2013 #’s, but nothing indicates it’s supposed to change or be recent only? :-s

I never said it's supposed to be "recent only." It used to update periodically and I specifically remember that. (I do not remember at what intervals) When I returned to CC after 2-3 years, it hadn't changed at all for me and I would've expected it to since the high score I had was years old. That's what I was saying. People who have been here and actively playing in the last 2-3 years would have gotten comfortable with it never changing and probably not remember how it worked before.

Actually, it was EW that said "Hey, you beat your highest score you should change it on your profile" a few days after I returned. I was like "Oh, looks like the score range doesn't change anymore, so I don't need to keep it on my profile anymore." =) I used to keep it there as a kind of personal challenge to beat. :lol:
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Donelladan on Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:24 pm

I remember it like Shannon, it used to change when it was introduced.
Then it was fixed for a looong time.
And I thought it would remain fixed, but after reading this I checked my high score, and I am pretty sure it was a few points above 4500 which it isn't anymore.

So for some reason it changed again recently... weird.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:29 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:
IcePack wrote:

I never said it's supposed to be "recent only." It used to update periodically and I specifically remember that. (I do not remember at what intervals) When I returned to CC after 2-3 years, it hadn't changed at all for me and I would've expected it to since the high score I had was years old. That's what I was saying. People who have been here and actively playing in the last 2-3 years would have gotten comfortable with it never changing and probably not remember how it worked before.

Actually, it was EW that said "Hey, you beat your highest score you should change it on your profile" a few days after I returned. I was like "Oh, looks like the score range doesn't change anymore, so I don't need to keep it on my profile anymore." =) I used to keep it there as a kind of personal challenge to beat. :lol:

I guess I read that you were implying it was supposed to be recent only because you said it was “fixed” and thus implied that was how it was meant to be vs not meant to be. So assumed that was your take on the intention behind it.

The announcement doesn’t indicate it was ever recent only (back then, or now) but that it would be a updated high low score from 2013 release onwards
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby king achilles on Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:44 pm

The Score Range was never completely accurate, and was added as a nice to have. Basically it can be interpreted as a minimum range, but it is possible that the score have varied outside this range in the past. It's likely based on the running scoreboard and there was a recent archived made on it according to the webmaster and that may have affected the Score Range that you see now. Still, essentially the Score Range is not meant to be perfect, just to give an idea. The webmaster is already aware of this report.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby betiko on Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:15 am

well yes, basically when it was introduced it started from that point (if you guys say 2013 i trust you) and I have to agree, my score range has shrinked too, as i managed to become general a few times and it doesn't reflect it anymore; i guess it's new
Major betiko

Return to Bug Reports