Conquer Club

Wrong player advanced in tournament

Found something broken on the website or in the game, that isn't a plugin enhancement issue? Let's check it out.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously reported bugs first!

Wrong player advanced in tournament

Postby HotShot53 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:38 am

In one of the Olympic auto tournaments, https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... t_id=10858 the wrong players advanced to round 6 from what I can see. The score reset before round 3, and Robin Williams had 2 wins in rounds 3-5, while 2 other players only had 1 win each in those rounds. Yet somehow Robin Williams was eliminated before round 6 while the 2 players with 1 win in those rounds both advanced. Am I misunderstanding something? Or was this an error?
Major HotShot53

Re: Wrong player advanced in tournament

Postby shoop76 on Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:14 am

HotShot53 wrote:In one of the Olympic auto tournaments, https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... t_id=10858 the wrong players advanced to round 6 from what I can see. The score reset before round 3, and Robin Williams had 2 wins in rounds 3-5, while 2 other players only had 1 win each in those rounds. Yet somehow Robin Williams was eliminated before round 6 while the 2 players with 1 win in those rounds both advanced. Am I misunderstanding something? Or was this an error?

I believe you are correct, very strange.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Mad777 on Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:38 am

I believe the key is what i have underlined from the tie score rules, therefore Robin Williams who was kicked for missing turn during the round 5 games has most likely not logged for 7 days.

———————-

By default scoring is based on number of Game Wins over the entire tournament. However, individual Rounds may Reset the scores, so that the scoring will begin again from that round. When the first round of the Tournament is seeded by score, the player's score at time of joining the tournament is used in that round only. Players that have been inactive (not logged in) for 7 days at the time of the scoring will have their score zeroed.

Ties in Score shall be broken by the following rules, applied in order:
Percentage of wins in the tournament as a whole

The cumulative number of Game rounds required to win the games they have won in the tournament (since the last point reset, or the start of the tournament if no point reset has occurred). Note: winning in less rounds is better.

The order in which the player joined the tournament (first player to join wins)
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby shoop76 on Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:43 am

I believe the key is what i have underlined from the tie score rules, therefore Robin Williams who was kicked for missing turn during the round 5 games has most likely not logged for 7 days.

Didn't realize that this had been added. A very good add.
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:13 am

And from my understanding, he has indeed taken a break from the site, so this is probably for the best!
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby shoop76 on Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:28 am

What about the person that is taking a break and has multiple games going. His clanmates are just taking his clan games, so it shows him online whilst he is missing all his other turns.
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:26 pm

shoop76 wrote:What about the person that is taking a break and has multiple games going. His clanmates are just taking his clan games, so it shows him online whilst he is missing all his other turns.

To whom are you referring?
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Return to Bug Reports