Conquer Club

Maprank, Excel and automated updating

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Maprank, Excel and automated updating

Postby crispybits on Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:09 am

Is it possible to use an excel web query or some other form of tool to have excel set up with a list of names, press a single VBA macro button, and have multiple map rank searches conducted based on the list of names with the results presented directly within excel?

At the moment we maintain a spreadsheet for clan wars (particularly assigning players to opposing team match picks) but this has to be updated manually by mapranking each clan player on each game type and it's a long and laborious process. Rather than subject someone to 2+ hours of manual updating every now and then it would be very handy to be able to click a single VBA macro button and update everyone's stats automatically. I'm sure we're not the only clan that does something along these lines either (and if anyone from a clan that doesn't reads this and finds a solution there might be more starting to follow suit as updates won't be so painful)

I did have a quick search around for something relevant here but couldn't find anything so apologies if this has been asked before. I know how to use formulas within excel and get online data imported and use the VBA button etc, I just can't work out how to get the information from maprank into excel in the first place.
Major crispybits

Re: Maprank, Excel and automated updating

Postby Vid_FISO on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:14 am

Have a chat with jpk, he's a clever sod when it comes to downloading stuff.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through
Major Vid_FISO

Re: Maprank, Excel and automated updating

Postby crispybits on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:36 am

Mods please feel free to close and archive this thread (unless you want to leave it open for community discussion of course) - with the help of a clan mate I have scrapped this idea and I'm going to try something a bit different...
Major crispybits

Return to Tool Archives