Conquer Club

BOB 5.3.0

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 5.2.3

Postby CJ Lues on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:17 am

Hi, I wonder if you could help me... You know the red/yellow box around the attack from/attack to regions, well since I installed the latest version I don't have those boxes anymore... :(
Now i can't see where i attack from or attack to...!

Please Help! :o

-CJ-
Sergeant CJ Lues

Location: I love a good plan, and i just love it when a plan comes together!

Postby Leehar on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:34 am

CJ Lues wrote:Hi, I wonder if you could help me... You know the red/yellow box around the attack from/attack to regions, well since I installed the latest version I don't have those boxes anymore... :(

-CJ-

Do you Map Inspect on? It's underneath View Options.
Or are you talking about CC's default Indicators? You can click for those on the blue tags at the side of the map (colour codes etc)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby CJ Lues on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:03 pm

Leehar wrote:
CJ Lues wrote:Hi, I wonder if you could help me... You know the red/yellow box around the attack from/attack to regions, well since I installed the latest version I don't have those boxes anymore... :(

-CJ-

Do you Map Inspect on? It's underneath View Options.
Or are you talking about CC's default Indicators? You can click for those on the blue tags at the side of the map (colour codes etc)

Thanx mate! Looks like i somehow clicked on the Indicators... they're back now...! :D
Sergeant CJ Lues

Location: I love a good plan, and i just love it when a plan comes together!

Postby Dalixam on Tue May 01, 2012 7:05 am

After installing it for the first time, I get "Parsing XML" running forever. Haven't been able to get into any games w/o disabling the script...
Lieutenant Dalixam

Postby sherkaner on Tue May 01, 2012 7:17 am

Dalixam wrote:After installing it for the first time, I get "Parsing XML" running forever. Haven't been able to get into any games w/o disabling the script...

Hmm, you're sure you have the right version? This tended to happen with an outdated version.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Dalixam on Tue May 01, 2012 7:23 am

Not at all :)

Since I just installed it an hour ago, I thought it couldn't be a version problem. Turns out, I was wrong. I got a link from an outdated thread.

Thanks for the reply, it works now :)
Lieutenant Dalixam

Postby ender516 on Tue May 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Could you let me know where that outdated link is? Maybe a mod edit is in order to avoid a recurrence of this problem.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby DiM on Thu May 03, 2012 7:56 pm

can bob be tweaked to automatically take a snapshot in chat at the end of each turn?
i sometimes forget to do it manually.
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby ender516 on Thu May 03, 2012 8:51 pm

I have been thinking of doing that for a while. Another fix I was thinking of was for the asterisks in the statistics which show how many kills are needed to reduce a player's bonus. Right now, it calculates based on the standard 1 troop for 3 territories with a minimum of 3 troops. It would be nice to base the calculations on the actual reinforcements defined in the XML for a map. For example, Eurasia and the First Nations of the Americas use 1 troop for 4, and Eurasia has a maximum as well as a minimum.

Postby DiM on Thu May 03, 2012 10:08 pm

ender516 wrote:I have been thinking of doing that for a while. Another fix I was thinking of was for the asterisks in the statistics which show how many kills are needed to reduce a player's bonus. Right now, it calculates based on the standard 1 troop for 3 territories with a minimum of 3 troops. It would be nice to base the calculations on the actual reinforcements defined in the XML for a map. For example, Eurasia and the First Nations of the Americas use 1 troop for 4, and Eurasia has a maximum as well as a minimum.

yep that would be great too.
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby AyeTrain on Wed May 09, 2012 7:09 pm

If I remember the sequence of events correctly, I upgraded to BOB 5.2.3 and then it disappeared from the list on the left. Like it is not installed, even though it shows up as a Grease user script.

I've tried disabling/re-enabling, and I upgraded to FF 12 from 6, but it is still not there. If I try to install it again I just see the text of the script after clicking the Install button.

I've upgraded BOB on my other computers and didn't have any issues, so I'm at a loss.

Windows 7 (x86)
FF 12
BOB 5.2.3
Major AyeTrain

Postby ender516 on Wed May 09, 2012 10:52 pm

AyeTrain wrote:If I remember the sequence of events correctly, I upgraded to BOB 5.2.3 and then it disappeared from the list on the left. Like it is not installed, even though it shows up as a Grease user script.

I've tried disabling/re-enabling, and I upgraded to FF 12 from 6, but it is still not there. If I try to install it again I just see the text of the script after clicking the Install button.

I've upgraded BOB on my other computers and didn't have any issues, so I'm at a loss.

Windows 7 (x86)
FF 12
BOB 5.2.3

Is your Greasemonkey up to date? I am running version 0.9.18.

Postby AyeTrain on Sat May 12, 2012 8:15 am

ender516 wrote:
AyeTrain wrote:If I remember the sequence of events correctly, I upgraded to BOB 5.2.3 and then it disappeared from the list on the left. Like it is not installed, even though it shows up as a Greasemonkey user script.

Windows 7 (x86)
FF 12
BOB 5.2.3

Good question: I just installed the 0.9.19 update, but BOB hasn't reappeared.
Major AyeTrain

Postby ender516 on Sat May 12, 2012 6:30 pm

AyeTrain wrote:
ender516 wrote:
AyeTrain wrote:If I remember the sequence of events correctly, I upgraded to BOB 5.2.3 and then it disappeared from the list on the left. Like it is not installed, even though it shows up as a Greasemonkey user script.

Windows 7 (x86)
FF 12
BOB 5.2.3

Good question: I just installed the 0.9.19 update, but BOB hasn't reappeared.

Have you tried removing BOB and then reinstalling it, now that your Greasemonkey is up-to-date?

Postby sherkaner on Sun May 13, 2012 5:10 am

Hmm, please double-check if BOB shows up in the list of scripts (ctrl-shift-a, user scripts).
If it still doesn't work after reinstall, there is a possibility that there is some kind of user script error. Press ctrl-shift-j to open the console, clear all error messages, load a game page and check whether any errors show up in the console (warnings aren't relevant).
Colonel sherkaner

Postby AyeTrain on Sun May 13, 2012 7:51 am

Thanks to you both for the help.

I removed BOB and restarted FF, which now tells me that no user scripts are installed (it did show there before). If I go to the install page and click the Install button, however, all I get is a text page that starts:
// Conquer Club - Card Counter, Card Redemption Value, Status Indicator
var versionString = "5.2.3";
// This monkey is now called:

///// //// /////
// // // // // //
///// // // /////
// // // // // //
///// //// /////

// PLEASE READ ALL THE COMMENTS AT THE START OF THIS FILE BEFORE EDITING

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Installation
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// This is a Greasemonkey user script.

// To use, first install Greasemonkey: http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/
// Then restart Firefox and revisit this script.
// Under Tools, there will be a new menu item to "Install User Script".
// Accept the default configuration and install.

// To uninstall, go to Tools/Manage User Scripts, select "Conquer Club - BOB", and click Uninstall.

Is there a history, cache, or cookie that needs clearing? It acts to me like FF thinks it's still installed.
Major AyeTrain

Postby sherkaner on Sun May 13, 2012 8:44 am

Sounds like greasemonkey is disabled, it shouldn't show that code otherwise.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby AyeTrain on Mon May 14, 2012 9:01 am

The only option was to disable Greasemonkey, so it is clearly enabled.

I uninstalled Greasemonkey, restarted FF, and downloaded/installed Greasemonkey again. But I still just get the code page when trying to install BOB (I also looked in the registry for any mention of Greasemonkey after the uninstall and found nothing). I could uninstall/reinstall FF (though I would think the upgrade would've had the same effect), and if that didn't work rebuild the computer, but both of those are pretty drastic.

I was able to install BOB for Chrome though, so I'll just play my CC games in Chrome, unless someone else can think of another suggestion.
Major AyeTrain

Postby ender516 on Mon May 14, 2012 9:58 am

Just to be clear: Greasemonkey is enabled if the monkey face icon is in full colour, and there is a checkmark next to the word Enabled in the Greasemonkey dropdown menu. It is disabled if the face is faded, and there is no checkmark.

Postby agentcom on Wed May 16, 2012 12:49 am

Is there any way of knowing what percentage of players use this script? I would be particularly interested in knowing what percentage of high-ranking players use it?

I don't know how you feel about gathering this information, but if there's a way to do it, it would be very cool. Even if you just could get a snapshot of the current users one time (rather than continuous reporting), it would be interesting. I may be falling to a fallacy here: "I use it. I'm a good player. Same for the people that I play games with. Therefore all good players must use it." But I really would be surprised if less than 90% of Colonel's used this plug-in.
Colonel agentcom

Postby sherkaner on Wed May 16, 2012 4:04 am

No, the only numbers I have are from a long time ago, if I updated the script it tended to get just above 1000 hits in the next 3 days (which means about 1000 installs, and some people will put it on multiple computers). I think now it will still be around that number. And of course high ranking players tend to use the forum and if they don't play freestyle they'll probably have BOB.
90%-number might be a bit high, mainly because of freestyle.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby agentcom on Wed May 16, 2012 12:54 pm

sherkaner wrote:No, the only numbers I have are from a long time ago, if I updated the script it tended to get just above 1000 hits in the next 3 days (which means about 1000 installs, and some people will put it on multiple computers). I think now it will still be around that number. And of course high ranking players tend to use the forum and if they don't play freestyle they'll probably have BOB.
90%-number might be a bit high, mainly because of freestyle.

I didn't know that freestyle players don't like BOB ... why is that?

But even with 1000 installs the rate among top players has got to be pretty high. There are around 1500 players who are Majors or above and only about 400 that are Colonels or above. If you subtracted out the mainly freestyle players, I would imagine that you would get 90%+ coverage among non-freestyle Colonels. But this is just a conjecture based on the people that I play with (an admittedly small sample).
Colonel agentcom

Postby Dako on Thu May 17, 2012 8:12 am

agentcom wrote:I didn't know that freestyle players don't like BOB ... why is that?

But even with 1000 installs the rate among top players has got to be pretty high. There are around 1500 players who are Majors or above and only about 400 that are Colonels or above. If you subtracted out the mainly freestyle players, I would imagine that you would get 90%+ coverage among non-freestyle Colonels. But this is just a conjecture based on the people that I play with (an admittedly small sample).

Becauseestyle is about speed. Usually you play it on the map you know well so you don't need BOB. And also BOB does slow down the browser and every nanosecond matters in freestyle.
Colonel Dako

Postby GeneralRisk on Thu May 17, 2012 11:39 am

HELP plz................I can take snapshots but I cannot see any
Major GeneralRisk

Postby John Deere on Thu May 17, 2012 2:24 pm

same here.... :(
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

PreviousNext

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements