Conquer Club

Dice analyzer 1.5.1a, 1.5.1b and 1.5.1c

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby yeti_c on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:50 am

cyberdaniel wrote:
Stoney229 wrote:can there be a tab that tells you the stats for the specific game you're in??

There can be, and I actually have that implemented, however it is still unstable. By unstable, I mean that if too many games need to be stored, firefox will start deleting cookies to make up space. In my case it deleted the most important cookie, the one with the general stats.

CyberDaniel... Can I advise against storing in Cookies...

For AJAX BOB - (and indeed the previous BOB) the GM_setValue GM_getValue functionality is used...

What I would do is - check for cookie if it's there read it in - then save it with GM_setValue - then delete cookie.

Then read with GM_getValue... (if it's still blank then assume no stats...)

For examples on how these functions work - then feel free to look at BOB and check out functions SERIALIZE & DESERIALIZE - and also most of the "snapshot" functions (at the bottom of the script) use these functions too.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby cyberdaniel on Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:25 pm

lancehoch wrote:cyberdaniel, I am not sure if you have read through all the posts since you got back, but up at the top of this page (page 25) I made a post asking about an expected results bar at the bottom of the analyzer. I was wondering if you saw that, or had any comments on the idea.

I did read it and it looks like something interesting. I'll crank up the math and I'll add it.

yeti_c wrote:CyberDaniel... Can I advise against storing in Cookies...

For AJAX BOB - (and indeed the previous BOB) the GM_setValue GM_getValue functionality is used...

What I would do is - check for cookie if it's there read it in - then save it with GM_setValue - then delete cookie.

For examples on how these functions work - then feel free to look at BOB and check out functions SERIALIZE & DESERIALIZE - and also most of the "snapshot" functions (at the bottom of the script) use these functions too.

C.

I know about it, but that would only move the problem from one place to another. I'm thinking of a way to compress the data or other ways of storing it. At one point I was thinking of hosting it on a server and it is still something that I think is doable, I just need to put more thought into it and actually try coding a few things.
"Every battle has been won before it's been fought." Sun Tzu
Captain cyberdaniel

Postby yeti_c on Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:45 am

yeti_c wrote:CyberDaniel... Can I advise against storing in Cookies...

C.

I know about it, but that would only move the problem from one place to another. I'm thinking of a way to compress the data or other ways of storing it. At one point I was thinking of hosting it on a server and it is still something that I think is doable, I just need to put more thought into it and actually try coding a few things.[/quote]

Yes - and No... the data would be moved into an area that Firefox wouldn't delete... and is also quicker, more reliable - and doesn't require the user to use Cookies...

If you have that much data - then I propose that you need to work a better way of saving it?

Feel free to drop me a PM to have a chat - also - as you're back in the CC world - would you like to join the "Greasy Monkeys" usergroup? (It's a user group for testing, suggestions, betas etc... in a more controlled environment - we have a few devs and an army of testers to help)

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby lancehoch on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:49 pm

I have had this happen twice now: I opened the dice analyzer through the tab on the side menu and the stats have been reset. Does anyone know why this might happen? I had not reached the limit of 50 days between turns, so I am not sure what is causing the problem. One theory I have is that I had the dice analyzer window open while I took a turn, could this have caused the problem?
Sergeant lancehoch

Re: Dice analyzer 1.5a, 1.5b and 1.5c

Postby Pedronicus on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:55 pm

Welcome back Daniel. I tried clicking on get 'Get Dice analyzer' 1.5 on my new mac, and don't have a clue what to do next.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Re:

Postby cyberdaniel on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:18 am

lancehoch wrote:cyberdaniel, I am not sure if you have read through all the posts since you got back, but up at the top of this page (page 25) I made a post asking about an expected results bar at the bottom of the analyzer. I was wondering if you saw that, or had any comments on the idea.

I'll start doing this some times this weekend .... hopefully

lancehoch wrote:I have had this happen twice now: I opened the dice analyzer through the tab on the side menu and the stats have been reset. Does anyone know why this might happen? I had not reached the limit of 50 days between turns, so I am not sure what is causing the problem. One theory I have is that I had the dice analyzer window open while I took a turn, could this have caused the problem?

Not too sure, I never tried it myself. I'll do some testing. For now keep it closed during game.

Pedronicus wrote:Welcome back Daniel. I tried clicking on get 'Get Dice analyzer' 1.5 on my new mac, and don't have a clue what to do next.

Thanks,

It should be as simple to install as all the other scripts. Get the greasemonkey addon for Firefox and a pop-up asking you to install it should display. If you can see the code then there might be a bar on top of the window with a few options as install, cancel ...

Let me know it it worked or not. I've heard that it worked fine for other people.
Captain cyberdaniel

Postby Han Solo on Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:27 pm

I advised Daniel months ago about my data erased each time i close Firefox - while my C.C. cookies are not deleted.
Unfortunately he never answered.

Does anyone else get this problem ?

Thx, HS.
Major Han Solo

Postby lancehoch on Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:37 am

My stats just reset again. Not sure what happened, but this time I definitely did not have the window open while I was rolling. Any progress on this situation? Also, is there going to be an update soon, I saw you mentioned that you were working on some changes to the plugin.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby dunnsearch on Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:04 pm

thank you. i luv this script
Colonel dunnsearch

Postby cyberdaniel on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:12 am

Han Solo wrote:I advised Daniel months ago about my data erased each time i close Firefox - while my C.C. cookies are not deleted.
Unfortunately he never answered.

Does anyone else get this problem ?

Thx, HS.

Sorry if I didn't reply, I must of been busy or forgot.

I'm assuming this is happening with the latest ajax version of the script.

lancehoch wrote:My stats just reset again. Not sure what happened, but this time I definitely did not have the window open while I was rolling. Any progress on this situation? Also, is there going to be an update soon, I saw you mentioned that you were working on some changes to the plugin.

I know, I've said I'd add that overall percentage thing, I just avoided doing it for some reason. (must be the math I need to do... arr) I'll get it done soon, hopefully ... but if you already know the math for it just send me the thing and I'll put it in since that's the only thing I need.

Regarding the bugs, this version is the least tested out of them all and some ajax related problems might still be there. I'll try getting something together and test/fix all issues that remain.
Captain cyberdaniel

Re: Dice analyzer 1.5.1a, 1.5.1b and 1.5.1c

Postby cyberdaniel on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:04 pm

The addition of the overall expected results has been completed. Thanks to lancehoch for helping get this done.

I haven't modified the version in the script so if the new one installed doesn't provide that extra statistic at the bottom of the diceanalyzer window then you might need to have the link refreshed of clear the browser's cache.

The scripts can be found at:
diceanalyzer v1.5.1a
diceanalyzer v1.5.1b
diceanalyzer v1.5.1c

depending on the version you want
Captain cyberdaniel

Postby lancehoch on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:43 pm

cyberdaniel, what is the difference between the versions? Also, will this reset my statistics when I download the new version?
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby cyberdaniel on Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:53 am

lancehoch wrote:cyberdaniel, what is the difference between the versions? Also, will this reset my statistics when I download the new version?

This is a screenshot of how it looks now. Notice the "overall expected results" at the bottom of the window (right above the color legend).
Don't mind the empty statistics, I've taking the screenshot on a different PC.

This shouldn't reset any statistics. I've tried all 3 versions without any such problems. The only addition was that extra piece of information which uses the current data.
Captain cyberdaniel

Postby lancehoch on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:20 pm

cyberdaniel, looks great. One thing I noticed though was the expected results are in percentages, but the original bar is in actual stats. For the next update, could we get the percentages of the actual stats somewhere?
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby cyberdaniel on Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:53 pm

lancehoch wrote:cyberdaniel, looks great. One thing I noticed though was the expected results are in percentages, but the original bar is in actual stats. For the next update, could we get the percentages of the actual stats somewhere?

The next update planed will have a few other changes in graphics as well. Apart from that I'm not sure what I'll include in the next update. One plan is to revive the per-game statistics but I'll have to see.
Captain cyberdaniel

Postby Thezzaruz on Fri May 02, 2008 8:43 am

cyberdaniel wrote:One plan is to revive the per-game statistics but I'll have to see.

That would be a great addition...

Also I thought about another thing, the stats shown are for my battles right? i.e when I choose to attack during my turns.
Is it possible to find out how my armies are defending? i.e when attacked in another players turn.

KUTGW, it's much appreciated. =D>
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby gdeangel on Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:40 pm

What is the status of the detailed game statistics feature. I see that in 1.4 it was not available do to cookie limitations, but the discussion in the thread sounds like it was working / is working at some point. I just re-installed 1.5a and still don't have that feature, which is what I really want. Any update? Thanks
My ever constant two last games seem to have no end in sight!
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby e_i_pi on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:14 am

Posting your results for a site-wide user database

I am currently collating a user database of dice results from Dice Analyser, in order to determine if there are any inconsistencies or aberrations in the dice file. While I have been a staunch advocate of the dice, I am conducting this analysis with an open mind, and attempting to get to the bottom of the dice complaint issue once and for all. Currently I have stats from 10 users - I need many more stats than this in order to analyse the data properly. You can post any sample size, currently sample sizes range from a mere 150 results, up to a whopping 488000. The more results we have, the better we can utilise the immense amount of valuable data that is recorded by this plug-in.

The link to the thread where you post your results is here.

The link to the thread where you discuss the results is here.

Regards,
e_i_pi
Captain e_i_pi

Postby yeti_c on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:20 am

I wonder when this will be changed to "Intensity Level Analyser"?!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rdennett on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:15 pm

I'm having trouble figuring out how to view individual game statistics. I know it's possible. Thinking I just had an outdated version of the script, I've already tried uninstalling and re-installing the newest version, but nada. Any suggestions, or is there something I'm missing here?
Corporal rdennett

Postby lancehoch on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:40 pm

Individual game statistics have not worked for some time.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Ikalos on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:51 pm

I know this is ah, rather late so to speak, but someone mentioned on page one that the CC dice are streaky.

That's because they are truly random. It's a common misconception that for something to be "random" it must be ABBBAABAABBBABABA or something like that. In a set of 10, with truly random dice, it's entirely possible to get straight B's or A's.

I just added this my user scripts. Wish I'd known about this yesterday. >.>;; Tossed a lot of dice between then and now.

Also, this is my very first post. :D

Aaaaand it looks like I necro'd it. D: Nooooo, I sowwie!
Cook Ikalos

Postby zeros on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:58 pm

I've read a lot about the 'streakiness' and 'randomness' (or not!) of our CC dice. And although I am very new to CC, I am not surprised to read such a lot of discussion of this subject, since we all have no choice but to hope that we all treated equally and fairly.

However, it is the nature of random things to behave in apparently bizarre ways, especially if one looks at a relatively small distribution of the statistics. Let me give you an example...

Many years ago I was a fool: I used to gamble on Roulette. I had studied statistics and come up with a cunning staking system that would limit my losses. It involved playing on up to three of the six available 'evens' bets. [RED or BLACK, ODD or EVEN, 1-18(LOW) or 19-36(HIGH).

-Is it not reasonable to expect that over a given time, the number of RED numbers should be very close to equalling the number of BLACK numbers?

Statistically the answer is yes, it is entirely reasonable.

But over any relatively small sample - let's say just one evening visit from the 100 in the year - what can seem like bizarre behaviour can and DOES occur !

I doubt that anyone reading this will believe the following sentence unless they have studied statistics; and even then this may be hard to take.

I have witnessed 44 consequetive RED numbers. I have witnessed 27 consequetive ODD numbers TWICE and I have witnessed 34 consequetive HIGH numbers.

But you know what? -Since installing this lovely little gadget called 'Dice Analyzer' my dice have been far more friendly that the crazy crap I got before!
Sergeant 1st Class zeros

Postby zeros on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:25 am

I take it all back! Haha... The randomness has bitten me again, and badly!

No doubt we all have similar stories but for those of you who think the dice are against you, beat this if you can:

33 attackers against 5 defenders. No contest I hear you say.
-Think again! The outcome has me left with 2 and he still has 3 defenders intact! I lost 31 armies and still didn't win the territory!!!

Aah well, back to the drawing board...
Sergeant 1st Class zeros

Postby sailorseal on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:19 am

Well what about 102 attackers and 20 defenders?
I was left with 3 he was left with 15

or 10 against 1
I lost all the way to 1
Cook sailorseal

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives